Everquest Memorabilia / Collectables / Figures / Artwork / Posters / Irontaail's Viper

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
So, since a surprising number of people seemed to appreciate my Venril Sathir custom, I figured I could start working on more stuff from EQ. I've said it before, I find it mind-bottling that there isn't a wider offer of figures or statues from this franchise, it's truly a sleeping golden goose.

Anyway, I left my Venril Sathir unattended and came back to find he'd abducted the neighbor's mutt and made himself a soldier. Haha.. ha.. erm.

Without further ado.. hail, a_drolvarg.

w9OfcO7.jpg

VAqiFYG.jpg

Base was some cheap ass werewolf figure I found on Amazon, dremeled the shit out of some parts I didn't want on it and made the chainmail, bracers, belt, skirt, shinguards, pauldrons, helmet and horns from scratch, repainted the face, basically a full makeover. The pattern on the skullcap and the emblem on the belt buckle are not identical to the in-game model, I wanted to add the Kunzar Clan sigil on the armor since the drolvargs are creations of Venril Sathir.

I have several other projects from EQ I'll be working on.. right now I'm planning to make a drachnid, Phinigel Atropos, and my personal grail I've wanted to own for years, Emperor Ssraeshza but that one will take a lot of work as I think I'll have to sculpt it from scratch as I cannot seem to find a good starting base for it.

I hope you'll like this one too, I'll have more to share some time.

Last edited:
  • 17Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 17 users

Zaide

TLP Idealist
So, since a surprising number of people seemed to appreciate my Venril Sathir custom, I figured I could start working on more stuff from EQ. I've said it before, I find it mind-bottling that there isn't a wider offer of figures or statues from this franchise, it's truly a sleeping golden goose.

Anyway, I left my Venril Sathir unattended and came back to find he'd abducted the neighbor's mutt and made himself a soldier. Haha.. ha.. erm.

Without further ado.. hail, a_drolvarg.

w9OfcO7.jpg

VAqiFYG.jpg

Base was some cheap ass werewolf figure I found on Amazon, dremeled the shit out of some parts I didn't want on it and made the chainmail, bracers, belt, skirt, shinguards, pauldrons, helmet and horns from scratch, repainted the face, basically a full makeover. The pattern on the skullcap and the emblem on the belt buckle are not identical to the in-game model, I wanted to add the Kylong Clan sigil on the armor since the drolvargs are creations of Venril Sathir.

I have several other projects from EQ I'll be working on.. right now I'm planning to make a drachnid, Phinigel Atropos, and my personal grail I've wanted to own for years, Emperor Ssraeshza but that one will take a lot of work as I think I'll have to sculpt it from scratch as I cannot seem to find a good starting base for it.

I hope you'll like this one too, I'll have more to share some time.
The Drolvarg looks really great!

Any plans to make a few extras to sell? You could probably make a nice stash on eBay or even here.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
The Drolvarg looks really great!

Any plans to make a few extras to sell? You could probably make a nice stash on eBay or even here.

Thank you for the kind words, and wanting to buy one is a great compliment but I've ever only made stuff for my own collection, somehow it would feel weird for me to make one for someone else, even if that someone is a huge fan of EQ like you with an amazing collection! Again though I really appreciate it. : )

If there are particular things you'd like to see created though, I'm all ears!

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Thank you for the kind words, and wanting to buy one is a great compliment but I've ever only made stuff for my own collection, somehow it would feel weird for me to make one for someone else, even if that someone is a huge fan of EQ like you with an amazing collection! Again though I really appreciate it. : )

If there are particular things you'd like to see created though, I'm all ears!
Hope you like your job a lot. You may be passing up an opportunity here

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Hope you like your job a lot. You may be passing up an opportunity here

Haha well, the thing is, I really hate working. And I do hobbies like this to take my mind off work, so if I had to make these things for money as a living, I fear it would suck all the fun out of it, y'know? Plus I see what you're doing there, trying to make me a billionnaire by cornering the untouched drolvarg figure market and then right when I'm on my yatch (The Maiden's Voyage) with my blonde bimbo (legally renamed Firiona Vie), bam I see on the news that you crashed my stonks with your Redditor friends. Nuh-uh, not this time!

Last edited:
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
Found these, can’t remember which box they came with.

Attachments

• 0109C6F4-9391-4AEA-B6D6-C54907BFBE96.jpeg
    0109C6F4-9391-4AEA-B6D6-C54907BFBE96.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 52
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
Haha well, the thing is, I really hate working. And I do hobbies like this to take my mind off work, so if I had to make these things for money as a living, I fear it would suck all the fun out of it, y'know? Plus I see what you're doing there, trying to make me a billionnaire by cornering the untouched drolvarg figure market and then right when I'm on my yatch (The Maiden's Voyage) with my blonde bimbo (legally renamed Firiona Vie), bam I see on the news that you crashed my stonks with your Redditor friends. Nuh-uh, not this time!
Make a single one that you fully intend to sell, and see what it'll fetch on eBay. I bet it'll change your mind :) People may even have custom requests like a glass blown Kerafrym!

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
People may even have custom requests like a glass blown Kerafrym!

Last time I made one some asshole guild snuck in and killed it. :(

gbtgxyv.jpg

Jokes aside, I bet it would look amazing but it's not like I know how to blow glass or whatever. I'd like to try some of the dragon models, but since I'm a sucker for in-scale figures, it would be kinda hard to make a Lord Nagafen or a Trakanon to scale with my Venril Sathir now.. even Emperor Ssraeshza is pushing it a little as far as real estate goes.. But maybe I'll change my mind on scale limitations and tinker with small dragons to turn them into the classics, who knows!

Though I must admit I'd really like to craft the whole Pantheon of Gods (the classic one, before every god started hiring their kids, I'm looking at you Cazic Thule), though they too would have to be reduced in scale.

Damnit now I'm getting tons of ideas and soon enough the place will be filled with EQ stuff. INC, a_divorce!

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
Last time I made one some asshole guild snuck in and killed it. :(

gbtgxyv.jpg

Jokes aside, I bet it would look amazing but it's not like I know how to blow glass or whatever. I'd like to try some of the dragon models, but since I'm a sucker for in-scale figures, it would be kinda hard to make a Lord Nagafen or a Trakanon to scale with my Venril Sathir now.. even Emperor Ssraeshza is pushing it a little as far as real estate goes.. But maybe I'll change my mind on scale limitations and tinker with small dragons to turn them into the classics, who knows!

Though I must admit I'd really like to craft the whole Pantheon of Gods (the classic one, before every god started hiring their kids, I'm looking at you Cazic Thule), though they too would have to be reduced in scale.

Damnit now I'm getting tons of ideas and soon enough the place will be filled with EQ stuff. INC, a_divorce!
Time to start your own EQ Tabletop Gaming set up.

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
The guy who makes them sells them here occasionally:

He also does magnetsView attachment 316827

Been checking this page every now and then when this thread is bumped. Managed to snag a couple keychains that are in stock now.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
I remember running into Irontaail one day on Povar and we chatted for a bit and he was on his way to one of his PoM visits and I asked if I could tag along and so I went there with him. Then I died immediately. Was fun, would recommend A++.
Irontaail handed the site over to Shortok, a TAKP player. It's fully restored in its original glory.

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Thanks a lot for the kind words of encouragement, it's great to see so much enthusiasm around my stuff and especially around EQ stuff.

In today's episode of Venril & friends, I decided to tinker up a lady who's fine with having some extra bits down there.. no I didn't make a Vanessa custom, I'm talking drachnids!

USzJL8D.jpg

And a little closer and upfront..

3PF1zFz.jpg

Drachnid designs and sizes are a bit all over the place in EQ depending on which expansion you pick.. some have a ginormous span, others are a bit closer to what I went for, I used a cheap ass rubber black widow spider from Amazon and a WoW elf bootleg I modified heavily, full repaint also. Kept the spider bits realistic because I think it's creepier that way (it's a black widow so it comes with a +5 creepy bonus roll), repainted the armor and ornamental gems to give it a more dark elvish vibe. Also decided to give it a dynamic pose so I went with climbing over some rocks, tried to resemble the arid Dreadlands environment with rocks, dust and some lichen. The pointed finger pose I thought was fitting because drachnids tend to charm their prey as I recall (which should be easy if you like big boobs and don't mind hairy legs).

I was gonna work on Phinny next but the base I picked is in parlays with the wife who's a contributor to my creative process, I wanted to go with a more octopus-man vibe for Kedges (tentacles and stuff) but she thinks I should go more fish-man based on Phinny's old fishy mug. If you have an opinion, I'd be happy to hear it.

Also decided to start working on the Pantheon of Gods, but that'll be a while yet as I don't have any of the bases here yet.

I hope y'all like it, your comments are appreciated.

Last edited:
  • 9Like
Reactions: 8 users

rad

Lord of Guk
Thanks a lot for the kind words of encouragement, it's great to see so much enthusiasm around my stuff and especially around EQ stuff.

In today's episode of Venril & friends, I decided to tinker up a lady who's fine with having some extra bits down there.. no I didn't make a Vanessa custom, I'm talking drachnids!

USzJL8D.jpg

3PF1zFz.jpg

Drachnid designs and sizes are a bit all over the place in EQ depending on which expansion you pick.. some have a ginormous span, others are a bit closer to what I went for, I used a cheap ass rubber black widow spider from Amazon and a WoW elf bootleg I modified heavily, full repaint also. Kept the spider bits realistic because I think it's creepier that way (it's a black widow so it comes with a +5 creepy bonus roll), repainted the armor and ornamental gems to give it a more dark elvish vibe. Also decided to give it a dynamic pose so I went with climbing over some rocks, tried to resemble the arid Dreadlands environment with rocks, dust and some lichen. The pointed finger pose I thought was fitting because drachnids tend to charm their prey as I recall (which should be easy if you like big boobs and don't mind hairy legs).

I was gonna work on Phinny next but the base I picked is in parlays with the wife who's a contributor to my creative process, I wanted to go with a more octopus-man vibe for Kedges (tentacles and stuff) but she thinks I should go more fish-man based on Phinny's old fishy mug. If you have an opinion, I'd be happy to hear it.

Also decided to start working on the Pantheon of Gods, but that'll be a while yet as I don't have any of the bases here yet.

Great stuff - gotta go fishy.

I think you might drive Zaide crazy knowing he cannot possess your creations!

• 1Double Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Zaide

TLP Idealist

USzJL8D.jpg

3PF1zFz.jpg

I think you should do the traditional Phinigel style personally. Either one will no doubt be dope though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
You do great work!

Great stuff - gotta go fishy.

I think you might drive Zaide crazy knowing he cannot possess your creations!

I think you should do the traditional Phinigel style personally. Either one will no doubt be dope though.

Fantastic work. Can't wait to see Phinny!

I cannot thank you enough for the kind words and your appreciation of these little pieces of nostalgia. I've got a few days off so I'm going to have a bit more time to work on my projects, though sadly some still have some parts and pieces awaiting delivery.

I'm kicking off this time off by finishing good ol' Phinny. Here he is, in all his fishy glory.

BIHMhEc.jpg

Q8T8jUI.jpg

Much like going into Kedge Keep to see the real Phinigel, this was a total nightmare. Nothing went as planned, the starting base I had in mind didn't work out, then another one didn't work out either, and then I spent like $30 on parts to make a pretty nifty spell effect that I ended up not using because it was a bit too heavy and broke the balance... So he's made entirely from scratch, nothing came from something else on this one except the litlte algae plants from your local aquarium supplies store, I have my limits. My fingers are a mess of glue, peeled skin, stab wounds and cuts but I finished him.

The Kedge are pretty static most of the time and Phinny's idle animation makes him pretty inoffensive, but his lore makes him quite the badass so I picked a more combative pose for him, and gave him the blue crystal staff from his in-game loot table and a bubble shield. I considered giving him the Magician Epic but didn't, maybe some time I will. The swirling tentacles and the (subtly) leaning head-fins are meant to give him a whirling posture, as that's how I imagine a Kedge caster would move underwater; in my mind's eye he's casting a shield against his foes and turning around to zap someone (probably an unfortunate rogue like me).

I hope you'll like this one too, sorry about the mess behind the EQ boxes background but this one's so tall he goes above the background so I'll have to find a better background for my future projects, especially since I've got a few big ones coming too, some time.

My (probably) next project is going to be a very elusive person, but here's a little hint.

N0LHdKo.jpg

HmmMM.. I wonder who'll find out. ;)

Last edited:
  • 8Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 8 users