Everquest Mysteries

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Fuck Drachnids when you were underleveled trying to run through Dreadlands. Oh you don't have 150 MR? Rooted, three dots, and you might get awayyyyyy...... and you're dead.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Fuck Drachnids when you were underleveled trying to run through Dreadlands. Oh you don't have 150 MR? Rooted, three dots, and you might get awayyyyyy...... and you're dead.
If you were warrior you died to fucking everything. Lvl 50. They're 35?. Fuck you dead. Can't invisible past. Can't out run. Can't out damage. Damage shields were extra FU.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Yeah - I've always played a Monk, so it was basically pray to hit FD between their casts. Generally not an issue, if they're in range to see the message that they start casting.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vinjin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Running through those drachnids from FV to Lake of Ill Omen was always an adventure, especially in the mid 20s and 30s. I also remember some fairly rare Iksar necro spawn that popped around there too. Vekis maybe? Bitch was the level equivalent of Dorn in WC.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Whichever Dev put that Drachnid pathing loop down the center of the river to LOIO was a quality asshole.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
Whichever Dev put that Drachnid pathing loop down the center of the river to LOIO was a quality asshole.

LOL then trying to run to the windmill in LOIO until some goblin came running at you with its tongue out all over the place.

lake_of_ill_omen_goblin_warrior.jpg

Had quit my Druid in original and decided to pick it back up when Kunark came out. Started over as Iksar Shaman because I wanted to start in Cabilis and see the new content right away, and couldn't imagine not having SoW (due to prior life as Druid). I hadn't yet found The Spirit Realm • Index page and had no idea but I was thrilled that I accidentally stumbled into increased regen and AC but later found out about the JBB and I was salty as fuck.

No JBB, KoS everyfuckingwhere, but I loved that character.

Anyone remember Csin, Xerxes, Nydwyn from Ec'i/Zeb?

Association of Adventurers, Celestine Sphere, Brolli, Rukkus, Kava also Ec'i?

I remember AoA went on to Zeb and I think I remember Csin and Nydwyn.

• 1Like

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Giant Spiders, one of the first see awe inspiring things seen as a newbie.
Then you realize they're passive.
Spiders that size would Wreck.
The mystery is what do they eat. How are they?

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Since this is kinda nostalgia, I found this, lol. Back in ~2002-3 on Stromm server right after it opened and while in Cypher we wrecked shit left and right with some great old schoolers (heckar, geeves, etc). I was the big pimpin froglok cleric hahah.

Good times.

fed19cede6c2b7b83a8334575bf0aa72.png

• 1Like

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Giant Spiders, one of the first see awe inspiring things seen as a newbie.
Then you realize they're passive.
Spiders that size would Wreck.
The mystery is what do they eat. How are they?

They eat the other giant insects, like giant wasps and fire beetles.

• 1Like

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Since this is kinda nostalgia, I found this, lol. Back in ~2002-3 on Stromm server right after it opened and while in Cypher we wrecked shit left and right with some great old schoolers (heckar, geeves, etc). I was the big pimpin froglok cleric hahah.

Good times.

View attachment 120042
Am i wrong but wasnt vaclav in your guild as a bard?

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Am i wrong but wasnt vaclav in your guild as a bard?

iirc Vaclav was a cleric but I can't recall 100%. Our resident bard was Ehmcee, mainly. After leveling 1-59 non-stop without sleep (insane back then) Ehmcee basically leveled me to 60 while solo kiting so I could sleep 20 hours.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
They eat the other giant insects, like giant wasps and fire beetles.
I thought this, and they should.
They should have KoSed fire beetles, spiderlings, pawns, rats, maybe even wolves and small race PCs, but they didn't.
They also didn't utilize their urticating hairs or spidersilk ~mystery~

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Anyone remember that standalone demo that was basically a tutorial for EQ? Was basically a single zone, honestly don't remember anything about it, little village and some NPC's.

• 1Like

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Anyone remember that standalone demo that was basically a tutorial for EQ? Was basically a single zone, honestly don't remember anything about it, little village and some NPC's.

I would play it went I couldnt play EQ if it was down or something.

• 1Solidarity

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>

edit -- lol look at those timestamps.

i had a working .exe of the tutorial a few years ago, but not sure where it is now or where i got it from... P99 forums maybe?

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
That's it, wasn't sure if it was a fucked up EQ dream I had or real lol

• 1Solidarity