I watched the 2nd video now, and it clicked for me that all that bullshit that was in the game (the random paintings, ridiculous amount of NPC's, etc) all actually made EQ feel like a real world.
Despite everything being almost completely static, it had more life in it than current generation games where only quest NPC's actually say/do anything. All the walls are sterile. Yeah, shit moves, but there's nothing interesting about any of it.
he sounds like somebody thats more a p99er. if he had played it from launch he would know they accidently promised 5 continents so kunark and velius were things even back in vanilla. for a barb shaman i am surprised he didnt mention Sulon Mcmoor,
dude had a huge cavern all to himself would kick your ass if you got too close and he was down in the bear caves for the totemic helm quest. this guy is a n00b.
So many things I always heard, but were either not in the game or were removed for technological reasons/put in later after they had become 'legend'.
Sea Monsters in the Ocean of Tears (High level sharks, sure. And the Allizewsaur on it's own little island) that would glitch through the boat and kill you if you went near the railings.
The megalodon in Lake Rathe (Believe this was in early, but was removed due to bugs, then later added as part of the Shaman(?) 1.5/2.0 Epic quest).
A Clockwork Dragon underneath of Ak`anon (Did they ever add this?)
A secret entrance to the dragon spine mountains (Not in the game, later ended up being an expansion?)
A 'monster' in the lake in Kithicor Forest that could aggro on you if you ran the wall on that side of the zone. (99% sure this one was an urban legend)
Everyone and everything being tied to the Ancient Cyclops spawn. My favorite was that, supposedly, killing Dragoon Zytl in Western Commonlands caused it to spawn - So whenever I went through the zone, I murdered him if he was up. That and for sweet revenge for all of those times her ganked me while I was doing Dervish camps.
And of course, all of the jokes about zone lines 'changing' sometimes - Burning Woods comes to mind, but I heard all sorts through the years.
Ahhh. Memories. Selling: FIVE Bags of Twink Gear at T2!
In previous updates a number of items that are used (or are not used) in tradeskill combines had their tradeskill item flag corrected. The team took a moment to review the number of items that are delivered to various denizens of Norrath in classic quests to see how many of them were correctly labeled with the 'Quest' item flag.
As it turns out only 5.6% of items delivered in classic quests were flagged correctly. The team has fixed the other 94.4% of these items, which we hope will shed some light on some yet-unsolved Norrathian mysteries.
I remember being a phbb forum where we tried to figure out uncompleted quests. We legitimately figured out at least 40 Kunark Quests that never showed up Allakhazam. Brute forcing quest trigger text is time consuming. "Mention basically everything in the story to every npc you think may be tangentially related to this lingering quest thread." The change where NPCs would only accept traded items that they actually needed made things a lot easier/less time consuming to test.
Still never figured out how to get to Part 2 of the Dwarven Holy Polearm, if it ever even existed.