Everquest Mysteries

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ahhh the good ol' days when you could call someone a faggot homosexual as a deep-burn insult. RIP Opie & Anthony.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xevy

Log Wizard
Lolz, my brother's guild on The Tribunal was the one listed in that video about The League of Mysteries. Nice.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I hated ring events in EQ.
the ring events were fine as long as they werent in their own instances that any schmuck could do after you beat it. when you kill a big boss he needs to stay dead for a while. instancing is what killed a lot of the fun in EQ for me. yeah it sucks when a big guild takes your widgets from you and you got nothing, but it also motivated you to improve your game next time and get there first. dunno about other servers, on emarr it was called "race to the dragons" . if you werent first, you were last.

• 1Salty
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
You mean ring events were fine as long as they worked correctly. Did the Luclin ring events ever actually function during luclin? I remember on... I want to say EQ Mac they figured out one of them, the Acrylia one I think, and it was much more in depth than originally believed.

Edit: Oh man I might have to go down the rabbit hole again, I love reading about the lesser known in depth quests/raid events etc. Just amazing that so many things remained relatively obscure despite the intrawebs. (Oblig - Spirit of Garzicor favorite quest ever)

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
You know the great mystery? Where rumors were abound about what was in the game and what wasn't and the company tag line was to not confirm or deny anything because as long as it meant people were either chasing a carrot or their own tail, they kept subscribed.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
You mean ring events were fine as long as they worked correctly. Did the Luclin ring events ever actually function during luclin? I remember on... I want to say EQ Mac they figured out one of them, the Acrylia one I think, and it was much more in depth than originally believed.

Edit: Oh man I might have to go down the rabbit hole again, I love reading about the lesser known in depth quests/raid events etc. Just amazing that so many things remained relatively obscure despite the intrawebs. (Oblig - Spirit of Garzicor favorite quest ever)

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
You know the great mystery? Where rumors were abound about what was in the game and what wasn't and the company tag line was to not confirm or deny anything because as long as it meant people were either chasing a carrot or their own tail, they kept subscribed.

So? Were you having fun exploring? I read something several years ago about how something like 5k+ quests in Everquest were never even completed by any player.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
So? Were you having fun exploring? I read something several years ago about how something like 5k+ quests in Everquest were never even completed by any player.
That's because they couldn't be completed since they were implemented incomplete

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
what guild
I played with Defy/Crackel and nightraid usually. Once all the mid-tier guilds crumbled (Crimson Tempest?, etc.) there was only Cats and nightraid left, and I trained too many Cats members to join them. :(

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
you played on Drinal?
Yes he and I played there. I was also on Cats in Hats, until they expelled me for "hacking".

Ok So story time. I never said this before I think.

I played on Drinal, Unconquered, mostly, then they disbanded because and I took a break from the game.

A guy named BlackIce approached me and ask me for my cleric, he was a mid level Paladin.
I told him sure as I was done with EQ.

I come back 6 months later, and he has used my cleric in a major hacking scandal. Due to this I had more phosphorous banked that I could use.

Phosphorous was the way they did loot on that expansion, each boss will drop a certain amount, and a recipe unlock. So a BP was 1600, leggs were 1200, bracers 200.

So I have at this point all the pieces crafted, except BP and Leggs. It seemed that the hackers couldnt kill the last 2 bosses so I had a full set of Cleric armor, minus the BP/legs.

So I joined Cats in Hats(CiH), and for the longest time, I had to swap my gear so i don't get caught wearing ill gotten gains, while on a raid, I would use the high end gear, but on groups I will use lower tier equipment. Since CiH used DKP, I had a ton of unused points, since all I cared was to get the recipe unlocked. I never bet on phosphorous since i had a ton (hacked phosporours) banked.

So one day we are raiding and they inspect me, and see this gears and they proceed to expel me from the guild. I appeal/begged to be back. At this point I was the cleric officer soa lot of people vouched for me. So they take me back under the condition I wont use the items and I destroy the phosporous.

So I accept the conditions, but I never destroy the things. Then we go ahead and clear the Final Bosses of the expansion, we unlock the BP. So I'm soo happy that I get my BP recipe, I go and take my old phosphorous from the bank, make the BP.

Now my char is pimped. full set of gear... and on a raid, they see me with the BP that i was not supposed to have and BAM AGAIN guild removal.

I just quit the game after that.

Last edited:

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
I played with Defy/Crackel and nightraid usually. Once all the mid-tier guilds crumbled (Crimson Tempest?, etc.) there was only Cats and nightraid left, and I trained too many Cats members to join them. :(
unconquered too. =)

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
I think you mean Silent Tempest

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Yes he and I played there. I was also on Cats in Hats, until they expelled me for "hacking".

Ok So story time. I never said this before I think.

I played on Drinal, Unconquered, mostly, then they disbanded and I took a break, A guy named BlackIce approved me to play my cleric, I told him sure, I was done with EQ. I come back 6 months later, and he has used my clear in a major hacking scandal. I had more phospurous(SP) banked that I could use, and i didn't had the chest recipe since the hackers never killed the Main boss. I had a full set of Cleric armor, minus the BP.

So I joined CiH, and for the longest time, I had to swap my gear, while on a raid, I would use the high end gear, but on groups I will use lower tear. Since CIH used DKP, i had a ton of unused points, since all I cared was to get the recipe unlocked.

So one day we are raiding and they inspect me, and see this gears and expel me from the guild. I appeal/begged, at this point I was the cleric officer. So they take me back under the condition I wont use it and i destroy the items.

So I accept, but I never destroy the things. Then we go ahead and clear the Final Boss, we unlock the BP, the phosphorous goes to Aakla main tank, and the nicest and best EQ player ever. So im soo happy that i get my BP recipe, I go and take my phosphorous from the bank, make the BP.

Now my char is pimped. full set of gear... and on a raid, they see me with the BP and bam AGAIN guild removal.

I just quit the game after that.
lol what? please re explain this in a coherent manner. also who is this final boss of Everquest?