Everquest Mysteries

Chapell

Trakanon Raider
Yeah Twelve Prophets was something, X-teamer and hated by the whole server lol. I remember people like Guesch, Nanak, Karn, Splorge (before he sold his account to someone and i finally bought it) and many other...
Some Vallon Zek server background:

Last edited:

kudos

<Banned>
It's always shocked me that there isn't a really good write up of the totality of EQ's lore (be it a book or something) up through PoP.
There is. Brad has it and I've seen him show the cover before on some interview or livestream or something. Until that fucker posts it we will never know.

Elidroth

Trakanon Raider
Well.. Kevin McPherson wrote Kunark.. like.. ALL of it. McP was a coding wizard on EQ, but his lore for Kunark was just a great read... Dude is one of the most passionate guys I've ever worked with, and his talent matched his passion. Seriously.. On Vanguard, we had terrible problems initially with spell effect timing.. I talked to him about what I'd really like, and when I came to work the next morning, he was still there, and he had it working. Cast, time of flight, target impact, everything.. It was just like "Holy shit!"

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Kevin McPherson

He's with Ashes of Creation correct? Haven't had the time to search it out but curious how much of a driving force he is behind that game? I'll have to check it out. Remember a lot of good things about him. Seemed to have a similar, if not better, reputation to Scott Hartsman around the gaming community back in those days.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Well.. Kevin McPherson wrote Kunark.. like.. ALL of it. McP was a coding wizard on EQ, but his lore for Kunark was just a great read... Dude is one of the most passionate guys I've ever worked with, and his talent matched his passion. Seriously.. On Vanguard, we had terrible problems initially with spell effect timing.. I talked to him about what I'd really like, and when I came to work the next morning, he was still there, and he had it working. Cast, time of flight, target impact, everything.. It was just like "Holy shit!"
i forgot some of you guys still post here, send my regards to Valtron. Ollie needs to hook me up with more beta testing. :)

The Edge

Lord Nagafen Raider
I always found the Luclin lore fascinating, even if the expansion was unfinished. Who wrote that stuff, and where can I find more?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Luclin fascinates the fuck out of me. It’s a haven to races escaping Norrath or even the Gods through the ages. What makes it so? And why are the Gods of Influence and Nature muted there? The Shissar and Akhevans are both really cool races amongst that group. Wish we knew more.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
It really captured that Dungeons and Dragons feel of your pimple-faced teenage DM having stacks of backstory and lore written up, but never getting to explain or use any but a fraction of it because your group abused the system to bypass it all for that sweet loot and xp.

S'why I was mildly in love with the concept of that stupid later expansion where the nameless god is having you go back in time and fix all the shit you fucked up by being a bunch of murderhobos. But because he knows you're a bunch of mindless murder machines, he gives you loot as an incentive for unfuckuping the universe, because nothing else will get you interested in doing so.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Siliconemelons

Anyone have a hookup with the dude that does these.

I have an idea, I want to go through the entire shaman epic with him while he does his lore thing etc.

I should be able to pull off getting him in the raid stuff - iksar brooding etc.

• 1Like

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I think he plays on P99?

And by that I mean you could always just send him a tell. His character name is in every video.

• 1Salty

Needless

Toe Sucker
the video ended with him saying he was done with p99? i didnt really get that part lol

his videos always make me want to just go explore shit in EQ, but i dont want to sub, or log in my p99 rogue lol :(

Siliconemelons

Oh, I didn't watch this last one.. Yeah I know he is on p99, that's why I could hook him up with shaman epic maybe. But doing the entire quest, reading the lore etc I think would be fun.

I can try and find him, but I was just wondering if anyone here had a contact

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
the video ended with him saying he was done with p99? i didnt really get that part lol

his videos always make me want to just go explore shit in EQ, but i dont want to sub, or log in my p99 rogue lol :(

EQLive Test server is good for just running around

• 1Like

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Oh, I didn't watch this last one.. Yeah I know he is on p99, that's why I could hook him up with shaman epic maybe. But doing the entire quest, reading the lore etc I think would be fun.

I can try and find him, but I was just wondering if anyone here had a contact

Hi name is Michael
[email protected]

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

dude, you can log in regular EQ and do that for free with your old char if you still have it. if you pay for a sub you can upgrade to lv 85 and be a fucking god in the old world.
i upgraded my shaman and a few friends hooked me up with some yard trash gear from a lv 90ish zone and i am a behemoth now. i could take a DT from Cazic Thule and be fine.
djpkSlw.jpg

my SK twink who i soloed to 80s a few years back could probably take a DT from CT, then HT him back and fucking quad him in a few seconds.
qiVIBRf.jpg

my lizzie would put a boot up his ass.
BvrfJgJ.jpg

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Dalven

Saor Alba
<Donor>
Another new one. This guy keeps putting out awesome.

Lol'd at "The hybrid penalties were still in place and I was grouped with a paladin and shadow knight. We were technically losing experience with every kill."

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users