Everquest Mysteries

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Bristlebane had a Dwarf paladin get the BB hammer... guy was a legit RP’er too.

It was such a major accomplishment when I got my FA. Wasn’t the first but probably one of 5 to have it at the time.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
all this ranger epic talk made me break out my tracker ranger and start his epic. i had him camped in western wastes for tracking myga (dragonbane wizard nuke component) during Velious. dude must have been happy to leave there after 18 years in limbo. anyway, got him up to 59 and up to the turn in in east karana. its a pretty simple quest, much like my shaman epic was. i assume the suck part is getting up to Hate or wherever i need to go.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
I still have a poor neglected ranger camped out in WW after 18 years. At least I assume he is, haven't actually logged in to that character since 2004, and Karana was still a server.

I have the urge to login and set that poor halfling free, fuck you Black Mirror, I got guilt over Db entries in an ancient game.

• 2Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
All this talk about weapons makes me want the chase item in the next expansion to be a weapon. The TBL chase items are great, but you can only get so excited about boots/ring/gloves/shoulders.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
All this talk about weapons makes me want the chase item in the next expansion to be a weapon. The TBL chase items are great, but you can only get so excited about boots/ring/gloves/shoulders.
weapons are so mudflated in game now that some of them practically proc Death Touch, its crazy how far things have gone. the trash mobs are incredibly insanely powerful just to counteract it.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I seem to remember there was a time when North Freeport was a popular trade zone, might have been before EC became the default. All the guards there were on the paladin guild faction and it was fairly easy for evils to become non-kos there by killing orcs in EC/WC.

For all of the convenience the bazaar offers, trading in EC on Mangler does have a certain charm to it. It does feel like an actual marketplace, people running around hawking wares, ports, chatting etc.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I seem to remember there was a time when North Freeport was a popular trade zone, might have been before EC became the default. All the guards there were on the paladin guild faction and it was fairly easy for evils to become non-kos there by killing orcs in EC/WC.

For all of the convenience the bazaar offers, trading in EC on Mangler does have a certain charm to it. It does feel like an actual marketplace, people running around hawking wares, ports, chatting etc.
Why would NFP ever be a trading hub? It's totally isolated.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Why would NFP ever be a trading hub? It's totally isolated.
You are on the FOH boards and we are Veeshan. You don't walk into our house and ask why the wall is painted blue.

giphy.gif

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
You gotta be a simple server if your community settles on a dump like nfp for a hub. How many hours did your dumbasses spend running there while cool kids were trotting from commonlands spire and druid circles to our hub?

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
You gotta be a simple server if your community settles on a dump like nfp for a hub. How many hours did your dumbasses spend running there while cool kids were trotting from commonlands spire and druid circles to our hub?
their second choice was Everfrost Peaks next to the Halas entrance.

• 2Worf

Cybsled

I remember missing out on getting server first monk epic because my shit internet company had an outage that lasted like 3 days ;/

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
NFP had the bank in it, that's probably the main reason. Found some more posts about using NFP as a hub early on so I'm not hallucinating.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
it hurts me to watch this noobery. on our first AoW attempt, we bumrushed him because we all bound in Kael, but we at least didnt let AoW fuck off all over the place like this.