Everquest Mysteries

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
this guy has the strangest thumbnails lol
they are strange, but he is doing it from a channel building persepctive. more likely to get more views with a nice artwork pic over the actual EQ screenshot which is going to be dark and dingy. but he might be getting himself in more problems if he's using other artists work without permission.

Pogi.G

Silver Baronet of the Realm
really any corner will do, our best AoW tank was our gnome warrior. then we realized why, just shrink the tank down and stick hin the corner and push AoW into him and you win, every time. no deaths. makes the encounter almost boring after the first time. only time drama happened was when some overzealous wizard started nuking the fuck out of him too early and pulling agro.

I remember after we would push a boss into a corner and get near the enrage timer, I would start work up the hate list and turn the boss as soon as he enraged to see how many melee I could kill that weren't paying attention. Good times...

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 4 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
We had tanks that did this, i just popped riposte or evade disc (monk).

The trolling/hazing in EverQuest was some of the best fun Ive ever had. Usually in good spirits between both parties, too. Trying to die to a mob and shaman casting slow on it, or a cleric casting CH. Turning mobs on the unsuspecting. Trains between guild rivals. Good times that make you annoyed af and smile at the same time.

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
The trolling/hazing in EverQuest was some of the best fun Ive ever had. Usually in good spirits between both parties, too. Trying to die to a mob and shaman casting slow on it, or a cleric casting CH. Turning mobs on the unsuspecting. Trains between guild rivals. Good times that make you annoyed af and smile at the same time.

In some dungeon in Gates of Discord, bards would charm monsters as a pet. So I'd cast buffs on it (being a shaman) including magic resist. Of course, when charm broke, the thing would then be resistant to re-charm and would eat the bard.

Good times.

I did that to Lockjaw in Oasis a few times too, except I'd be the one to charm it, have it sit on the shore near lowbies farming xp, then go zone.

That got old fast and honestly I did feel bad about it afterrwards. I'd go buff them afterwards with all the goodies.

• 2Dislike
  • 1Salty
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Elidroth

Trakanon Raider
i saw a message when i logged in today, seems they turned Sol B, Permafrost Keep , Crushbone and Mistmoore Castle into lv 90+ zones. i can just imagine a deadside train of 5k damage quad hitting asskickers headed to zone.
drop off uber Naggy.
d32b72e67ad8c375a0e4549bd58839e4.jpg

that click effect is like 55% haste

Heh.. We did that when I was still at SOE/DBG.. Crushbone and SolB were my projects actually. Had quite a bit of fun with some of the higher level events/rares in there.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Heh.. We did that when I was still at SOE/DBG.. Crushbone and SolB were my projects actually. Had quite a bit of fun with some of the higher level events/rares in there.
sol b was my home for a long time at release. i loved that place and all its multiple and secret zonelines.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
How expensive is it to make a hardcore heritage zone? I'd love it if they did a few a year instead of one every few years.

I dont even care about the itemization, having the current expansions loot and maybe a hunter achievement that resulted in a clicky or aug would be fine for me.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
little bit of an update on my character, i made it all the way to lv 110, got geared up some, 18,000 AA points and im still just mediocre average for my level.
me in my current guild's guild hall with my weapons
7YV1hBy.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
lol 437 base damage, modern EQ be wild
the one handers are crazier. Close to 200 damage and 19 delay. With crazy proc. My ranger aa skill, Headshot, i have critted 2.3 million points damage. The exp mobs i solo are 106 and if i can get lucky with a crit like that one. It can take almost half their life bar. Lv 110 exp mobs can quad 25k a round. Or higher. One zone they can do 30k and spit lava. In a another zone they spit damage and wipe your mana out. Crazy stuff

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
little bit of an update on my character, i made it all the way to lv 110, got geared up some, 18,000 AA points and im still just mediocre average for my level.
me in my current guild's guild hall with my weapons
7YV1hBy.jpg

Lol, everything about that looks ridiculous.

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Lol, everything about that looks ridiculous.
This is what happens when a game goes way too damn vertical in expansions rather than realizing there is a limit to vertical growth before it becomes stupid. They should have expanded this game with a horizontal design after the Planes of Power expansion, and never gone vertical again.

By that I mean, there should be a maximum HP/MANA/DAMAGE/LEVEL/ETC that you can physically get to in the game world. This goes for both the players and the monsters. Beyond that point, the game is no longer a virtual world, and instead is a multi-player online game.

A horizontal design would involve adding other ways of progressing such as gaining certain banes for your weapons, armor, and spells that affect a particular type of monster that is new in the expansion. That way, your hp, mana, and damage output does not grossly out weigh the existing content, but in order to progress through the new content, you have to gain skill and equipment that will effect those new encounters.

I hope that some day, some developer will realize that to make a true convincing virtual world game requires creating a solid rule set for the world itself that no monster nor player can break. This is why original EverQuest was so good. The mobs were snarable, rootable, charmable, and slowable. The players were as well, and it was not out of the ordinary for a monster to snare, root, charm, or slow a player. It was the monsters and the players interacting in the game world following the universal rule set of that virtual world. Then they started balancing crap, and all of a sudden monsters could summon you to them and such for which broke the rules of the game's universe which destroyed the virtual world aspect of the game.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users