Everquest - Phinigel server

Zaide

TLP Idealist
It's like its own separate keyboard. After a little while you know where everything is, so I can hit any of those buttons without thinking based on muscle memory. What I'm saying is, it isn't as bad as it looks. Those keys got added slowly over a long period of time. Factor in macros that activate a bunch of things at once, and it's simple.

Sleeper's Tomb (tier 3) raid fight from CoV. First attempt. We won on said first attempt, but it was absolutely the biggest bloodbath I've ever seen in EQ. We have everything down in CoV except Aaryonar and Vulak, despite our general lack of gear compared to live servers (40 mains in raid is also a large handicap). At the end of the fight I turned off hidecorpse and was shocked at the volume of corpses.
Is there more than one guild still on Phinny?

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
Let me guess....Spectres kept changing targets multiple times and ended up in raid?

Then the sadness begins. =)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sterling

El Presidente
looks like a low level EQ2 UI. In seriousness though you end up with macros that sequence like 4 other buttons so you really only use like 5 buttons for combat.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Hey I recognize some of those names! Giles is still going huh lol

Yeah. I've ended up in the same guild as Giles over and over since like 2017. He's still a top level tank and usually one of the first people to max out new expacs.

Is there more than one guild still on Phinny?

It's just OGC and Resolute now. Rosengard III and EoE were the last ones to fall off. OGC has been the only guild fully clearing current content in 2021, I think. As of right now OGC/Reso are teaming up since it's much easier to field a full raid that way. Not sure if OGC could finish COV solo with current numbers. Probably, but it'd take longer than it will with the team-up. Really it's just the big two bosses that are left, that OGC didn't try to clear on its own (Aaryonar and Vulak).

So in a raid sense, we're kinda down to one guild, even though it's two guilds teaming up technically.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Any OG pipe-hitters from Phinny who want to come back and join in the server-first clears of COV (Sleeper and Temple of Veeshan left), it's a good time to catch up. I expect Phinny to merge with a live server sooner or later, and Truebox is gone starting next Wednesday.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
how are rangers in COV?

Decent in groups, very important on raids between Auspice and locking down rootable adds in the new events. They're pretty busy. Headshot is still really OP when it works and can make them top group DPS against blue mobs.

On the DPS charts for raid burns it's usually like
1. Necro
2. Berserker
3. Rogue/Monk
4. SK (due to HT)
5. Magician
6. Ranger