Everquest - Phinigel server

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Uh, because chardok is revamped and a lot of those mobs won't stun with colors stuns? :3 Seb AE works but there aren't 8 picks with 4 of them being empty anymore. Hard to find disco / chef / ng / entrance all open anymore. Fungus grove (and mebbe velks) should add some AE again. Resists are so light on this server I'd be curious if a The Deep AE team wouldn't be possible, or sseru (lol)
On Ragefire, our Seb AE group would meet at odd-hours to get clear pickzones. Our team basically sent 2-3 wizards out for the pulls each round. We would end up with most of the entire upper floor from Disco to Chef in a single kill round. (We would put chanter boxes out of group for extra stuns, which was necessary when pulling half the zone at once)

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
I was there with you, Lost. Kind of glad I was late, though. Would suck to do turn in and have it KS'd. Think I'll just have to wait for guild to spawn him.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
So presence of the mighty is interesting, its making AEs hit for 25% harder (and procs like VS) it also lowers resists by what looked like -100.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
welp if its a rollback, back to angry lol. no way i'd turn mine in, i'll let some other idiot do that. presence sounds great! more challenge

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
welp if its a rollback, back to angry lol. no way i'd turn mine in, i'll let some other idiot do that. presence sounds great! more challenge
Presence looks like 25% more AE / proc damage and -40 to all resists and I agree, anything with more challenge = better for this game.

Origin

Molten Core Raider
On Ragefire, our Seb AE group would meet at odd-hours to get clear pickzones. Our team basically sent 2-3 wizards out for the pulls each round. We would end up with most of the entire upper floor from Disco to Chef in a single kill round. (We would put chanter boxes out of group for extra stuns, which was necessary when pulling half the zone at once)
This is how we did it back in the day.

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
Did you hit 60 yet? Could definitely use some good heals for a few hours today witout having to find a cleric rep every 30 minutes.

Servers up BTW, as of noon est.
Am 60, but also wanting to get chardok faction up :| Mostly need plat atm though, deathly poor.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
angry was up :p was able to win the dps race but felt bad KSing IVAS so let them loot
tongue.png
oh well next time since it wasnt my turn in

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Last i heard KSing a mob spawned with a turn-in was still against the rules anyway, I know atleast one person who got their note restored at angry from that shit.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Fulkjoo and OGC when we do our pick pops after raids have learned to AFK and try to kill our angry's with discs and also KS the warlords. Its hilarious how bad OGC is that even doing that scum lord shit they have never taken a single one from us. We don't petition them or anything like how they play EQ though so I don't know if its bannable. You probably want to ask Dima or someone who is always kissing GM's asses imo.

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I'm a month in on this now and while I am playing pretty much a different game than you guys (only level 38 while you folks are top of the ladder), I must say that this has been a pretty fricking great experience. I mean, nothing will ever recapture the glory and wonder of the EQ of yore, this server has done a pretty good job of recreating the vibe. I see folks talking about the relatively low quality of players here compared to p99 - likely true - but even that low quality is still quite a few cuts above what low quality was back in the day, so levelling is plently less painful. People are generally chilled out, helpful, all having a good time.

Has been a great nostalgia tour, doing inefficient shit like camping drops for lambent or sitting around bullshitting in DC with a guy who was camping Bilge, stuff that really made up the intangibles of original EQ. Looking forward to sticking around here another few months to see how it turns out.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
Thinking about coming back and starting over. Have no real desire to play Paladin. I really wish I could just transfer my damn shaman from LJ to Phinny, but I might just start another shaman.

rad

Lord of Guk
Fulkjoo and OGC when we do our pick pops after raids have learned to AFK and try to kill our angry's with discs and also KS the warlords. Its hilarious how bad OGC is that even doing that scum lord shit they have never taken a single one from us. We don't petition them or anything like how they play EQ though so I don't know if its bannable. You probably want to ask Dima or someone who is always kissing GM's asses imo.
Had a similar experience with Jacks (OGC) few days ago in the crypt. Think he was still bitter from our adventures in BAM farming in like week 2-3. Needless to say he trained non-stop for about an hour before I finally left for PD, bad is bad.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah I had a feeling if they cry hard enough its against the rules and having to repeat shady goblin probably worth the effort of crying, plus didnt want the bad rep never know how future goes, seemed like a pretty big screw over to someone that didnt do anything against me.

OGC claims they dont allow training, but you need evidence. I had videos of nollo training and showed finchy, he said nollo will never bother me again and if he does he'll be kicked. Of course I did nothing to warrant nollo training me, he just doesnt like mage boxers as he said months ago when I first met him. I assume if you do the same for jacks it could happen. He seems to always camp hierophant with his cleric though, he has a necro i believe and cusses like a sailor, seems very easy to get him to train ya.

Rhuma_sl

shitlord
VP keys are still a shit show, no real desire to bang my head against the wall to get mine if people are still lining up at all the spots with boxed wizards ready to steal... Except it's now guilds that have no business being in VP, especially with this new presence of the mighty debuff.

Even with 370 cold resist, still getting hit by gores ae for even more damage now.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah I had a feeling if they cry hard enough its against the rules and having to repeat shady goblin probably worth the effort of crying, plus didnt want the bad rep never know how future goes, seemed like a pretty big screw over to someone that didnt do anything against me.

OGC claims they dont allow training, but you need evidence. I had videos of nollo training and showed finchy, he said nollo will never bother me again and if he does he'll be kicked. Of course I did nothing to warrant nollo training me, he just doesnt like mage boxers as he said months ago when I first met him. I assume if you do the same for jacks it could happen. He seems to always camp hierophant with his cleric though, he has a necro i believe and cusses like a sailor, seems very easy to get him to train ya.
Bro I am not submitting videos lol, that's how Dima plays the game with his fraps key ready to go. We actually raid open world and have loot to get for the entire guild, not just a select few to be BiS.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Haha I use hypercam but I dont play it with it on, cause I set up a region to record and it leaves a big red box. I only got nollo cause he kept coming over and over so after three times I turned it on and waited, then turned it off after. Never got into that twitch streaming shit either. And yeah you gotta feed everyone

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
Got up to 320 MR and 220 Cold against Gore last night and actually resisted the fears, but the cold still came through at about 1k per wave. The cleric's AE heal also pulled agro on warrior mallet spam, which I don't think it did before. not sure if that was just a shitty encounter but wondering if heals are getting these angry dragons even angrier.

I left bind @ angry btw, 2 server respawns in a row and theres like 9 people there already, too much!

lost

<Bronze Donator>
i got whooped, checked patcher before server was up and it said in maintenance (so couldnt patch). so i spammed server select, once it let me in and said have to patch, patched asap and logged into skargus at 30%! must have been able to patch a few min prior to server up /shrug