Everquest - Phinigel server

Needless

Toe Sucker
aren't rains pretty ludicrous damage on single targets until late game? I kinda wanna make a wizard, i like being lazy

lost

<Bronze Donator>
I think they just recently nerfed rain spells during ragefire cause it was too OP on live.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Rolled a DE SK. Fun times in Neriak, everything looks so small in there.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
Finally stop soloing, and make my way over to Guk from Misty. Get into a group with a wizard, and realize how pathetic my Druid nukes are in comparison, and wonder why I chose to be a healer, over a Wizard. lol. Ffffuuu! But don't wanna be even further behind the pack and reroll!
Druids are horrible to play until PoP when they get SotW and ICH. Before that all you do is seasons the raid,spam your shitty chloroblast and port.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
They are good burst, but lack real sustain. Always take a mage or necro over a wiz.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Druids are horrible to play until PoP when they get SotW and ICH. Before that all you do is seasons the raid,spam your shitty chloroblast and port.
Dru is good situationally especially starting in velious with PoTG. That extra mana boosts them up over wizards in a non-aoe grind group imo.

They are shit healers until PoP for sure, which is why most people tend to think they suck I think. They are actually decent damage, their efficiency is fairly high with nukes later on, they have a strong line of dots with a big - resist check so they can land spells on reds and yellows far easier than a wizard can, if you don't have a mage in group their damage shield is a big boost. Their regen is very strong as well if the group is smart enough to use it (but most aren't).

And finally if you are in a zone with animals they go from a middling dps/support character to one of the strongest dps in game with a charmed pet.

I played a wizard on fippy, and was the best geared wizard for probably 2 straight years on that server, the class is smoke and mirrors for group dps. Trust me, by lvl 60 in a decently geared group your wizard will be one of your lowest dps, they will just seem high because the damage comes in huge infrequent bursts, but if you actually parse them you will see the truth. They are very good on raid bosses, and solid right now for this initial leveling push since the melee have no gear to dps with.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I know I am probably different but I have always liked druids. They can fill any roll as the situation requires.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Necros are good, but their dots are worthless in groups since everything dies way too fast for them to be worth casting.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Heat blood has a nice neg resist modifier (good for rare / reds). Taps mitigate tanking due to pet aggro changes. Snares + dots are awesome for runners. If you are smashing blues, the pet wrecks shit and the necro can solo multiple mob s with dots and heals.

Necro are awesome for groups.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Necros are good, but their dots are worthless in groups since everything dies way too fast for them to be worth casting.
Ya especially true for 1-34 before they get venom of the snake, once they get that it's not as bad since even a half duration dot will do about 2.5 dmg per mana, and then their fast mana regen and the fact that dot focuses are considerably stronger and easier to get than DD focuses really closes the gap fast.

The class definitely benefits from fighting higher lvl mobs too since no one compares to necro for efficiency on low resist check spells, and higher lvl targets generally live a bit longer so the dots keep ticking.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Ffffffffuuuuuuuuu!!

If I ever had any doubts about it, I certainly do now that I potentially could catch up pretty dang quick! Druid or not to Druid. Ugh.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Shieeeeeeeet i have 16 days off work too, do i poopsock it on phini or keep fucking around on RF?
Maybe i can burn an enchanter to at least 30+ before the bonus exp is gone! i don't feel like tanking on Phinny

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Except if you're in SA I'm pretty sure we are in rival guilds and so we are supposed to hate each other!
A few of us joined a noob guild and plan to app to a raiding guild once we hit our mid 40s. Didn't know there was some West Side Story shit going on!