Everquest - Phinigel server

Rhuma_sl

shitlord
I won't be associated with any guild that would stoop so low to consider ninja looting key pieces. If you can't contest world spawns you don't deserve world spawn drops, end of story. Do your split trak once a week and wait your turn like everyone else.

Never ceases to amaze me how everquest brings out the worst in people.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Only thing I can think of him referencing was a "wouldn't it be funny if they wiped and then they couldn't give out keys to XYZ guilds" that someone mentioned and was shot down immediately, just in case someone took it wrong. (It was clearly a joke to me, I saw that person not engage a Grimrot when someone died in front of him camping it - instead razzing them and helping them secure the kill)

It's a shame his app didn't work out though, they took him as overly negative when I think he was meaning to just be the kind of poking fun ribbing like we do on RR. Which there is a certain amount of in IV, but most don't jump into it so quick.

And regardless no backlog of people that need teeth after Sunday. I doubt we bother with OW Trak again. Not worth the trouble anymore.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Oh please I've seen people from other raiding guilds ninja polished mithril masks from people selling loot rights... when I was in AOS people were doing it, I've seen sorrow do it who's in MiM, EOE and TIS have officers/guild leaders that train people for looking at them funny (seriously). If you want to live in a world where everyones a good old boy then I dont know what guild is right for y ou.

Sorry to hear wont be trying to get OW traks
frown.png
Should make an alliance with another guild for when theres not enough in one guild online.

Rhuma_sl

shitlord
Oh please I've seen people from other raiding guilds ninja polished mithril masks from people selling loot rights... when I was in AOS people were doing it, I've seen sorrow do it who's in MiM, EOE and TIS have officers/guild leaders that train people for looking at them funny (seriously). If you want to live in a world where everyones a good old boy then I dont know what guild is right for y ou.

Sorry to hear wont be trying to get OW traks
frown.png
Should make an alliance with another guild for when theres not enough in one guild online.
To be honest I've been thinking of making my own guild, I have more than enough experience leading raids through all of the content the player base wants to do (up through plane of time) and feel there's a niche that can be filled for those on the server that want to experience that content without the drama that being with the major guilds brings. With instances any guild can see content, which takes away a lot of the bonuses of being in the #1 and #2 guilds.

We'll see how it goes.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Oh please I've seen people from other raiding guilds ninja polished mithril masks from people selling loot rights
Maybe but the majority of complaints from the server seem to be aimed in unity at IVAS.

Vaclav

I'd have a hard time believing MIM did something like that with Dupree not smacking them around if he was informed. They've been nothing but reputable every time I've heard of drama occurring. Frankly, of the serious guilds on the server they seem untarnished in my eyes completely.

Vaclav

Maybe but the majority of complaints from the server seem to be aimed in unity at IVAS.
Just depends on the circles, TBH - I'm rather non-insular - and I get complaints about everyone. MiM is the only serious guild I never see complaints regarding. Gave someone a hand a sec, and they spontaneously went into "I saw that forum thread, I've only met helpful people over there in IV - now those EOE people...." within the span of nothing besides me asking for buffs (again, he does often) from my ENC I logged back in last night in fact.

And personally, for all my bad history of EOE on Vulak that makes me leery of what they might do here - honestly zero current complaints from here - I do have worries they'd try to be negative again, but nothing bad has happened yet.

But the EOE/AoS circle seems most unfond of us, that's true.

I bet if you were 100% honest with yourself - you'd find that you have a similar ratio of bad apples to us that are the cause of any tarnished opinions.

Heck, you want me to give my honest opinion of AoS? Besides the Trak incident - I've literally never had a bad interaction with a member of AoS to date. I have friends within the guild and everyone else, I treat with respect and I've been treated with respect in kind. I've been trained a total of once (besides the Trak incident) by anyone on the server, which was an obvious accident (that I controlled anyway - was like 2 spawns in Chardok that Erasong apologized for almost immediately). Even Sachee for all the complaints that people made of him in Freet camp, even without asking him, because I'm been chill with him - let me know that he was leaving Freet during Classic when I was leveling an alt group in BNB.

Most people on the server by and large get along. Anything else it outlying. And frankly, I expect now that VP key stress is a thing of the past - it won't be till VT key shards (assuming they're not tweaked in line with modernizing - with recent tweaks, I expect they WILL adjust them somehow) that people get stressed at everyone else again. Much like how only a few people talk about Sachee anymore - even though he was the talk of the town just a little while ago.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
MiM used to be good until they let those shitters Zaide and Bragon in.

Vaclav

MiM used to be good until they let those shitters Zaide and Bragon in.
Dunno Bragon, (besides they're a poster here!) but Zaide and I are on good terms again. Funniest circumstance to trigger it though.

Not that Zaide is playing much at all while he's doing DS3 on XB1... (I'll prolly be the same come PS4 US release though - prolly sit there AFK checking tells while focused on DS3 for at least a few weeks)

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Sorrow is still in his app phase. MiM has the most thorough app process of any guild I've been in. Three week recruit period and all the members chat about you in this recruit thread that you can't see. At the end they vote you on or off the island.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
It's amazing to me the lengths that guilds in EQ go to vet recruits still. I have never seen anything like it in another game.

Vaclav

Sorrow is still in his app phase. MiM has the most thorough app process of any guild I've been in. Three week recruit period and all the members chat about you in this recruit thread that you can't see. At the end they vote you on or off the island.
With the rep MiM has assuming lost was portraying things accurately, he'll probably be short lived then.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Well my dealings with Sorrow were in classic, when he wasn't in MiM. But he's still a rager. One time I waited at the door to nagafen's lair, watching him try to 2box Magus (ench/clr), and he wiped. So I moved in, killed magus fair and square, but it didnt come without a fight. The guy was bound at the stairs to the lair, so he revived, saw me going for magus since he died, and started charming magus and trying to gate (he had done this to me before) but I had dispel up and he was no more of a problem than a fruit fly. After that I got a barrage of threats, as if I KSED him, but no he died on his own.

[Mon Feb 22 15:41:58 2016] Sorrow tells you: if u try and ks me again im just gonna sack him as a charm
[Mon Feb 22 15:42:10 2016] Sorrow tells you: really pretty sick of your guild
[Mon Feb 22 15:44:12 2016] Sorrow tells you: good to put you on my kill list though
[Mon Feb 22 15:44:15 2016] Sorrow tells you: enjoy kunark
wink.png

[Mon Feb 22 15:44:32 2016] Sorrow tells you: ima enjoy Charmign your kills at 4%; so they sack, every time i see you
[Mon Feb 22 15:44:38 2016] Sorrow tells you: lol your shitter guild cant ks shit
[Mon Feb 22 15:44:43 2016] Sorrow tells you: bunch of boxing scrubs
[Mon Feb 22 15:44:52 2016] Sorrow tells you: mind tickle with his fucking box army has tried a dozen tiems
[Mon Feb 22 15:44:59 2016] Sorrow tells you: snikkle too, the shitter

and then I put him on ignore. Funny how he didnt know I'm mindtickle and made false claims that I couldnt KS him. I doubt he's changed. I know I have some more conversations elsewhere, but basically the guy bound at magus and perma camped it, and if you ever tried to compete for magus he'd dispel your shit, charm magus and try to run off with it. I really didnt believe that someone can "claim" a 5.5 hour respawn, I dont care if you bound there.

I think voting members in is good. TL stopped doing that on ragefire and still doesnt in AOS, the amount of pages of negative comments I've seen for a few apps and they still get in, it's basically up to the leadership not the body of the guild. It's nice to know if an app rubs you the wrong way your vote counts.

porkchop sandwiches

Potato del Grande
Well my dealings with Sorrow were in classic, when he wasn't in MiM. But he's still a rager. One time I waited at the door to nagafen's lair, watching him try to 2box Magus (ench/clr), and he wiped. So I moved in, killed magus fair and square, but it didnt come without a fight. The guy was bound at the stairs to the lair, so he revived, saw me going for magus since he died, and started charming magus and trying to gate (he had done this to me before) but I had dispel up and he was no more of a problem than a fruit fly. After that I got a barrage of threats, as if I KSED him, but no he died on his own.

[Mon Feb 22 15:41:58 2016] Sorrow tells you: if u try and ks me again im just gonna sack him as a charm
[Mon Feb 22 15:42:10 2016] Sorrow tells you: really pretty sick of your guild
[Mon Feb 22 15:44:12 2016] Sorrow tells you: good to put you on my kill list though
[Mon Feb 22 15:44:15 2016] Sorrow tells you: enjoy kunark
wink.png

[Mon Feb 22 15:44:32 2016] Sorrow tells you: ima enjoy Charmign your kills at 4%; so they sack, every time i see you
[Mon Feb 22 15:44:38 2016] Sorrow tells you: lol your shitter guild cant ks shit
[Mon Feb 22 15:44:43 2016] Sorrow tells you: bunch of boxing scrubs
[Mon Feb 22 15:44:52 2016] Sorrow tells you: mind tickle with his fucking box army has tried a dozen tiems
[Mon Feb 22 15:44:59 2016] Sorrow tells you: snikkle too, the shitter

and then I put him on ignore. Funny how he didnt know I'm mindtickle and made false claims that I couldnt KS him. I doubt he's changed. I know I have some more conversations elsewhere, but basically the guy bound at magus and perma camped it, and if you ever tried to compete for magus he'd dispel your shit, charm magus and try to run off with it. I really didnt believe that someone can "claim" a 5.5 hour respawn, I dont care if you bound there.

I think voting members in is good. TL stopped doing that on ragefire and still doesnt in AOS, the amount of pages of negative comments I've seen for a few apps and they still get in, it's basically up to the leadership not the body of the guild. It's nice to know if an app rubs you the wrong way your vote counts.
As a former guildy of Sorrow (who was a nice enough guy but his Asperger's assured he got along with no one), I can tell you a few things -
1. He's camped literally 75+ Rokyls and has ~150 Krono.
2. He's extremely anti-social and contributes next to nothing on raids.
3. He does give away a lot of stuff, PMM's, Rokyls, etc. so that he can get favors from you later, like some sort of Great Gatsby who's on the Autism spectrum.
4. He sounds very effeminate in TS :p

lost

<Bronze Donator>
He did seem very hot and cold, makes sense. I was mostly the only one that would compete with him so I could see 150 krono since he had a lot of days of uncontested 3-4 pick magus'

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Member voting is a double edged sword. Really any public vote is, but these seem to be quite pronounced as far as bandwagon voting goes. I remember in ROI where a ranger fucked up a pull and went on to score a dozen negative votes that were all clearly spewing from the same bad experience. In fact when I joined ROI back on Stromm my friend/sponsor told me that it was 3 straight pages of bitching that I'm an awful forum troll (probably true) but not a single negative in game experience from anyone.

I strongly believe that a less emotional jury of leaders is superior to mob rule here.