Everquest - Phinigel server

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Well, either I screwed up my initial test or there's another part of the quest exp calculation because 59 stacks of eyes was 100% of level 23 and 70% of level 24. I may have had an excellent way to farm cash at the very start of a server but this exp is indeed pretty crazy given how little labor is involved. Hell, on Phinny at the open you could have done something like made an Erudite Necromancer and then bind yourself at Xelha's feet (or a human Necromancer and bind in Paineel) and been your own little leveling bot.

Much like how automation resulted in the Kaladim bone chip quest getting hammered I expect the same here.

edit - I went back and make a level 1 troll and had him turn in a stack of eyes and it put him to level 2 at 92%. A level 1 Human Necro in FP was set to level 2 at 35%. The Freeport quest just works different than I thought quests worked. I have no idea why it has the scaling that it has.
No way they leave it this way. Boost your low levels while you can!

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Well, either I screwed up my initial test or there's another part of the quest exp calculation because 59 stacks of eyes was 100% of level 23 and 70% of level 24. I may have had an excellent way to farm cash at the very start of a server but this exp is indeed pretty crazy given how little labor is involved. Hell, on Phinny at the open you could have done something like made an Erudite Necromancer and then bind yourself at Xelha's feet (or a human Necromancer and bind in Paineel) and been your own little leveling bot.

Much like how automation resulted in the Kaladim bone chip quest getting hammered I expect the same here.

edit - I went back and make a level 1 troll and had him turn in a stack of eyes and it put him to level 2 at 92%. A level 1 Human Necro in FP was set to level 2 at 35%. The Freeport quest just works different than I thought quests worked. I have no idea why it has the scaling that it has.
were you grouped

and woohoo 1k plat 1-15 on redwine lol

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Did roughly 90 stacks of eyes and it went from 1 to 60% into 17 with no pot as a human monk. Roughly 200 bone chips to get from dubiously to amiably.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
got my wiz up to 12 last night with 100pp worth of wine and some df belts, such a nice feeling to skip those horrific newb levels.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I did redwine on a shaman from 1-10 last night for 257 plat. I won't have time to play him anytime soon but it'll be nice when I have the time.

sukik

Can you post the quest and the vendor to buy the red wine? Is it this questionQuests :: EverQuest :: ZAMIf so are there any class/race restrictions seeing as it's in Neriak?
In Neriak 3rd gate there's a dark elf female in the Madien's Fancy that sells Red Wine but I don't remember the name. If your faction is to low to do the turn in you can do the invis trick. Open trade with NPC, have friend invis you then drop group, do the turn in. You should only have to do this once because you should have enough faction to do the turn ins on your own after one round. You can turn these 4-20 stacks at a time.

I don't know for sure if good races can do this but I saw a halfling druid at the turn in spot last night so I am assuming they can. I did mine last night with a troll.

Sterling

El Presidente
Can also group and do the turn ins and split the xp. Obviously slower but can work for classes that have a hard time with the faction if you have more than 1 that needs the xp anyway.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Were you grouped?
I was not. There's just something about the Freeport fire beetle eye quest that is different than the Grobb one. For some reason it just holds value level after level after level, like it's awarding you a percent instead of a flat amount.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
For non dark elf I would just start the trade then invis so guy takes red wine. Depends on diety though

sukik

Some screenshots from the last week.

rrr_img_121964.jpg

rrr_img_121965.jpg

rrr_img_121966.jpg

rrr_img_121967.jpg

rrr_img_121968.jpg

rrr_img_121969.jpg

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
Moar pictures!

A glitchy fish that was on a ramp in that big ass temple in Freeport. Looked like it was running away from a minnow!?
rrr_img_121970.jpg

Got chain feared in Befallen with a nice set of druid buffs on. Ended up with half the place chasing me down on the bottom floor, through the locked doors. I lasted only a few seconds more, but I didn't stop laughing for awhile.
rrr_img_121971.jpg

This dead person was still animating, it was creepy.
rrr_img_121972.jpg

These folk were respawning that frog instantly and just farming away.
rrr_img_121973.jpg

Killed forty bazillion deadites last night in groups of widely varying quality.
rrr_img_121974.jpg

Sagnid_sl

shitlord
The guy giving out masks is in my guild? This is unacceptable, he should he training them, or perhaps selling them for krono. Roknok you and I will be speaking tonight.

Apostolos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Finally got 50 in the hole the other night. I'm not a fan of that zone, but you have to admit the xp is nice even for killing light blue cons. Oh and 10 min. buffs can suck it!