Everquest - Phinigel server

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

By the way, Sleeper wiped all PC and NPC in ST as he was supposed to. He failed to make any appearance in Skyshrine though. Yay buggy scripting.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
I feel like opening GoD and OOW at same time, people will mostly skip GoD and farm OOW. It is what it is though a lot can change until what next february?

Sterling

El Presidente
I feel like opening GoD and OOW at same time, people will mostly skip GoD and farm OOW. It is what it is though a lot can change until what next february?
This is largely what will happen, since very little in GoD at that point would be relevant outside of some Tacvi stuff and maybe some augs.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I give them credit for trying to stem the usual sub drop when GoD hits progressions servers. A lot of people have bad memories and just don't want anything to do with it. Perhaps fast tracking through it, they figure maybe they can keep more subs to see the later content.

Virus_sl

shitlord
Could they not open expacs based on level increases?

You still need to get through pop to even think about going endgame god lest you get rekt...unless a lot has changed over the years...

Rhuma_sl

shitlord
Personally having quit before both expansions, im curious what kind of gear inflation those expansions would bring, not sure when the whole defiant gear drops were added.

Guess it doesn't really matter, not many will even make it past luclin before quitting.

Rhuma_sl

shitlord
I wish the players would entertain the idea of forced progression on a server where characters are content locked based on personal flags and all gear is no drop. Where you can't just wait, you'll have to down each boss with gear you have access to.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
I wish the players would entertain the idea of forced progression on a server where characters are content locked based on personal flags and all gear is no drop. Where you can't just wait, you'll have to down each boss with gear you have access to.
Some of us played on a emu server that more or less worked this way (gear was droppable, and it had some of its own things going on). I personally really enjoyed it, but I imagine it would be tough to maintain longterm.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
resubbed on a single box because i'm somewhat insane probably. got a few toons in the low teens, thinking i want to just single box this paladin maybe (name: Madriax)? wouldn't mind a toy or three to get me started if any bros have anything.

no idea how committed i will be.

gugabuba

Golden Knight of the Realm
I doubt this would work. Playing catch-up already becomes a huge barrier to people joining these servers. This seems like it would make it worse.

Keystone

Lord Nagafen Raider
Could just put in a 90% of the raid needs flag requirement, and have killing the mob flag you. Sort of lame in that it could be exploited, however it would at least allow guilds to catch up new members without backtracking all types of shit.

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
I was in IS and logged in to find out the leadership all just picked up and joined IVAS. Now we're all just looking around like a sad kid at an airport after their parents took off in a jet
frown.png

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I was in IS and logged in to find out the leadership all just picked up and joined IVAS. Now we're all just looking around like a sad kid at an airport after their parents took off in a jet
frown.png
You're not the only one that's surprised... ><

Disappointing to hear that IS itself is going casual or whatever - seems an odd time and place for it.

Rhuma_sl

shitlord
Haven't logged in because of d3 season start but planned to tomorrow for raids and I read this lol omfg I have no luck with guilds.

My guess is because of that last split Vs raid? I mean fuck... Cramming everyone into one guild is just a waste of time, you might get one piece of loot before luclin drops.

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
I'm not really sure. We were shorthanded for VP but still got 3/3 fights done on first attempt w/out MT and a bunch of healers missing so I felt like things were looking pretty good but I guess not! Someone said a couple of guys were leaving for RL stuff and the core dudes didn't have the willpower to keep finding people etc. Shit happens I s'pose

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Haven't logged in because of d3 season start but planned to tomorrow for raids and I read this lol omfg I have no luck with guilds.

My guess is because of that last split Vs raid? I mean fuck... Cramming everyone into one guild is just a waste of time, you might get one piece of loot before luclin drops.
We have had a good amount (8) applicants in the past week because of DKP issues or the lack of loot with other guilds. Ive told you RR guys before if you can keep 30% RA and raid Tuesdays and Thursdays at 9pm for an hour or less you;ll be full BiS in any expansion. We do 4-7x the amount of the same mobs every other guilds does on Phinny with 70ish people which means just about everything rots.

Regime and Sterling will put you under their wings

Sterling

El Presidente
Yeah if you can make like half the raids you'll have almost everything you can get in era. Even aside from that the raids are just much more efficiently done than most the other guilds, we don't waste a lot of time on nonsense and just get to it. Like right now we're doing Tuesday and Thursday night raids that last an hour or so, and Sunday night we been messing around on test with Velious stuff. Open world stuff isn't all that bad either since we don't literally hit everything and what we do hit dies very quickly. This will all increase each new expansion at first, but sort of winds down the 2nd half of each one. It's pretty great, I thought I'd have issues with the fact I work every Saturday and other days at random, but I've been able to stay around 70 percent and raid literally 3 times as much as I would in any instance only guild and probably spend the same amount of time actually raiding.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
You have to assume once velious opens it wont be one hour per raid day though. Curious to see how tov armor farming goes.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
You have to assume once velious opens it wont be one hour per raid day though. Curious to see how tov armor farming goes.
I think besides the NToV instance it will still be an hour per, Kael wont take the full hour to down Vindi + KT + Statue cycle + AoW. Without coth in the instances in ToV it will for sure take more than hour even at full strength in Velious gear.