Everquest - Selos Server - 20th Anniversary Casual Server

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
looking for lag-behind nubs to kill shit with starting about 4 hours from now.... level 22 necro did some pugs yesterday and ended up with a few keyboard turners wanted to /wrist
I was the cleric in your pc group and ill keyboardturn all i want faggot.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
As a cle for almost 20 years now (granted, large gaps [years] in game play but still LoL) who generally just sits back, keeps everyone "up and going" but watches ppl and groups do what they do... nothing kills groups (both your characters and the morale for having to do a shitty CR) faster than one guy: the overzealous puller. Don't be that guy.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
If anyone else is just getting started and wants to join me, I've got my level 6s in The Warrens.

Foaming

Lord Nagafen Raider
Glad we had some good old fashioned DPS racing last night and not level 1 warp trainers. Real competition is fun. Looking forward to the rest of this server!

• 1Like

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Foaming Foaming
care to give us a summary of what's been goin on so far?
Would love to hear what has been killed by whom already.

Tons of raid content has been killed across all expansions. Some contested mobs happened for the first time yesterday. These videos are from an Amtrak streamer during the dps races.

• 1Like

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
I've been enjoying watching Bobby stream, but it's also made me realize I'll never be able to keep up with this server by playing casually. Probably for the best really.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I've been enjoying watching Bobby stream, but it's also made me realize I'll never be able to keep up with this server by playing casually. Probably for the best really.

You can get 60 if you aren't afking with 2 days /played and once the race to aten is over a ton of people (on both sides I assume) will be leveling their desired mains. It won't be that bad.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Holy shit lol you guys all look like Frenzic in PoSky naked on day 6 of classic.

The gear struggle looks real but half the fun is that power surge from gearing up. I can’t believe how slow that vindi died with both guilds on it, that actually makes it more like real old school EQ.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Honestly it's a lot more fun doing this on fresh characters. It's so cheese rolling into Luclin or Velious BIS already.

• 1Like

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
Gearing the new toons is actually pretty damn fun.

I was having a blast last night roaming around lower guk from camp to camp picking up things for my characters and friends. Stuff we could actually use is nice to see.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
How noticeable is the "increased rare spawn" rate on here anyway?

Extremely. I don't think there's really enough information to make it quantifiable atm, but i wouldn't be surprised with there basically being double at an absolute minimum or [much] better the chance.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
I had forgotten about the increased rare spawn rate.

That would probably explain how we got 3 dark elf masks in 2 hours.

Foaming

Lord Nagafen Raider
To answer various people above:

This server has been a lot more fun than I was expected and I actually enjoy playing eq. The 50 to 60 push with NO gear was so harsh. The raids are legit hard again. Even travel is rough atm due to the removed store mounts. I do wish those would come back though.

The battle of Selo between Amtrak and Faceless is fun for us. The people not involved likely son't even know we are there. Lots of more casual groups of people still leveling up. I wonder if a third guild has even started raiding yet. So, yes, you can keep up.

The increased rates of things on Selo have changed the math of how you approach things. Named spawns are rather common so those are not a grind anymore. Faction is so fast. Exp is crazy fast for a TLP.

All together I say if you are on the fence but want to see EQ through the expansions to Live take a chance on Selo. You'll enjoy it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users