Everquest - Selos Server - 20th Anniversary Casual Server

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
It's true. I've been running multiple VMs for work for 2+ years and I got hit with a 7 day suspension on Tuesday. I've never run EQ on a VM. When I do box, which is maybe once per week now, I use my old ass laptop w/ multiplicity.

Also illegal on truebox btw

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider
If that's the case, it would be the stupidest way possible to deal with the botters running rampant on the game. To me, it sounds like bullshit.

When you get right down to it, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to tell who is botting in the game. They're online 24 hours a day every day at the same camps none stop. Their puller takes the same paths over and over, and their DPS resets to their "waiting position" after every pull.

There is NO WAY that someone at DBG can't tell who is cheating. NO WAY.

When you factor in that people get suspended for griefing these cheaters, threatened and/or suspended for naming them on the forums, the cheaters never end up suspended/banned (because THEY'RE ALWAYS THERE), AND the cheaters taunt their accusers on the forums (with no reprisal for doing so), there really is no way to NOT think that DBG employees are involved in the cheating some how.

I know it's tinfoil hat at it's best, but what other logical explanation is there for seemingly protecting the cheaters and punishing the legit players?

Somebody's getting paid somewhere. Kickbacks from the cheat software or something.

They don't have the man power to investigate, that's why they are trying to automate it.

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider
You cheatin boy?

giphy.gif

not atm. But i did use MQ2 on ragefire and lockjaw for the map tracking. Not smart enough to do all that automation stuff. map and follow is all i want from mq2.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I finally got far enough into TLP history to finish the Selo portion of DramaQuest for the idiots like me who enjoy this sort of thing.

Part 1:

Part 2:

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
I finally got far enough into TLP history to finish the Selo portion of DramaQuest for the idiots like me who enjoy this sort of thing.

Part 1:

Part 2:
Liked the Selos stuff. Brought back good memories. Too bad all my friends jumped ship for Mangler. I would have loved to have stuck around there on Selos longer.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Having played on Selo and having raided with Faceless..

Are we sure that is Frank? He sounds like Frank but there is not near enough noise in the back ground. Every time he led a raid I had to turn him down some. It was like he was playing in the middle of a daycare facility right before lunch time. He did not even have to say anything and I could tell it was him by the back ground.

• 1Like

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Having played on Selo and having raided with Faceless..

Are we sure that is Frank? He sounds like Frank but there is not near enough noise in the back ground. Every time he led a raid I had to turn him down some. It was like he was playing in the middle of a daycare facility right before lunch time. He did not even have to say anything and I could tell it was him by the back ground.
We had to specifically schedule the two episodes to record during the window when his son was at school and he was available.

• 1Solidarity

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
If you had told me I was willing to listen to Suineg talk for 90 minutes I'd have called you a liar but this was very interesting. The zero enforcement for economy warping behavior is the missing puzzle piece for a lot of questions. If they weren't on the ball for big shit how could they ever have policed anything smaller?

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Some of us know the system is completely fucked and still have the restraint to not take advantage of it. I don't see how Suineg is any better than a BLM looter.

edit: I will add, that I applaud him for taking the interview and being forthright & honest though. It was a very interesting discussion.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Some of us know the system is completely fucked and still have the restraint to not take advantage of it. I don't see how Suineg any better than a BLM looter.

Hes far worse, shitty looters dont get pissed on for fun

• 1Solidarity

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
If you had told me I was willing to listen to Suineg talk for 90 minutes I'd have called you a liar but this was very interesting. The zero enforcement for economy warping behavior is the missing puzzle piece for a lot of questions. If they weren't on the ball for big shit how could they ever have policed anything smaller?

Wait, is there a Suineg episode of Dramaquest? I'm not seeing it.