Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Confirm/deny, clerics tryna support a charming chanter should roll dark elf to get

Regent Symbol of Innoruuk

Any similar race considerations for the enchanter?
I'm late to the party, and others have explained why darkness isn't a good mez break, but clerics of Tunare get a similar item.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The mez break item of choice -

Screenshot

OH GOD WHAT ARE YOU DOING SOMEONE STOP HIM

There's at least one necklace for most of the deities with some having as many as three ranks and you can do the quests multiple times if you want one of each. The Regent Symbol of Innoruuk is the one people remember the most as it has a click snare for Shaman and Clerics. If you end up making a troll Shaman than Innoruuk is the way to go. Without it you're looking at something like a Spear of Constriction out of VP for snare and that's a proc instead of a click. There's also a droppable proc snare spear in Siren's Grotto. It's just way, way easier picking Inny at char select and having a click on demand.

Cazic Thule has Panic Animal and Spook the Dead which are also spells Shaman don't get, Quellious has Lull/Soothe/Calm which can save a spell slot, the other two ranks of Innoruuk are Weaken and Siphon Strength, RZ has Yaulp, Brell has Strengthen and a click summon booze.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Prexus doesn't have any nor does Veeshan or Rodcet Nife. There might be a couple others missing out and a few aren't all that great. The Tribunal has click Hammer of Wrath which is a 6/32 magic hammer with +3 bonus damage versus undead.

Erudin has a couple quests in it that are really picky about faction but even if you absolutely have to have a Barnacle Breastplate for aesthetics you can kill the stuff one on character and make a mule to loot it and turn it in. Your Origin gets you reasonably close to both Yael and Vox I guess? Let the peasants run through the Karanas.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Rodcet Nife clerics getting bupkis when it's the literal "prime healer" diety is one of those fuck-you's that only EQ could deal out. Not bitter or anything, serves me right for trying to pick something lore-appropriate in 1999.

• 1Thoughts & Prayers

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
On Selo's, where granted the experience rate was higher, I started up and went 1-70 in like 12 hours played. That was pretty slow too, in that we didn't try to maximize it or anything. I was just the 6th man in my buddies 6 box crew. It won't be that easy on Aradune, but still the point stands that you are right, it'll be easy.

Do you want to play either Enc or Cleric solo in raids? or 2 box in raids? If not, I'd say skip it and play something else. I say this because you are again right that eventually the enc/clr duo fades out and at that point you have to give up all the work you put into those characters or keep playing them on their own. If you don't want to do that, I wouldn't waste the time in the beginning.

I'm rolling for the first time a Ranger despite all the memes of shit DPS, and only good for taking death touches. I'll look hella good in Thorny Vine doing it baby!

I mean, it will be over a year before charm loses its luster. It doesn't seem like somebody should be making a starting class decision based on what will happen 15 months from now, especially since most people don't even make it that long.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
It's been so long, how big of a deal is it on TLPs in classic eq to have a duo that has different faction? If i do dark elf cleric and high elf enchanter is that a nuisance or is it actually good because almost no matter where i go some character can run in and buy and sell goods?

DickTrickle

Gotta be better pairs with a bard where the songs actually hit the tank, no? Maybe sk or pal?
Bard plus another dotting class makes most the sense. Druid or Necro and then you can hit animal/undead charm targets too.

DickTrickle

It's been so long, how big of a deal is it on TLPs in classic eq to have a duo that has different faction? If i do dark elf cleric and high elf enchanter is that a nuisance or is it actually good because almost no matter where i go some character can run in and buy and sell goods?
It will be annoying at the start if you care about jumping out fast. But at least it's not qeynos based! Other than that, yeah, not a big deal as you can always have another character buy the stuff the one character needs.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Agnostic high elf enchanter can sell just about everywhere with illusion.

• 1Solidarity

DickTrickle

The mez break item of choice -

Screenshot

OH GOD WHAT ARE YOU DOING SOMEONE STOP HIM

There's at least one necklace for most of the deities with some having as many as three ranks and you can do the quests multiple times if you want one of each. The Regent Symbol of Innoruuk is the one people remember the most as it has a click snare for Shaman and Clerics. If you end up making a troll Shaman than Innoruuk is the way to go. Without it you're looking at something like a Spear of Constriction out of VP for snare and that's a proc instead of a click. There's also a droppable proc snare spear in Siren's Grotto. It's just way, way easier picking Inny at char select and having a click on demand.

Cazic Thule has Panic Animal and Spook the Dead which are also spells Shaman don't get, Quellious has Lull/Soothe/Calm which can save a spell slot, the other two ranks of Innoruuk are Weaken and Siphon Strength, RZ has Yaulp, Brell has Strengthen and a click summon booze.

Druid can get clicky root which is pretty damn nice. Tunare I think.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Rodcet Nife clerics getting bupkis when it's the literal "prime healer" diety is one of those fuck-you's that only EQ could deal out. Not bitter or anything, serves me right for trying to pick something lore-appropriate in 1999.

It's always been kind of a botched quest series. They range wildly in usefulness and number of ranks. When they were first introduced only a couple gods were represented, Inny had the best one by far, Iksar Shaman were left off of the Cazic Thule necklaces and new ones were added very very slowly. I'd be willing to believe the whole was just an excuse to get more cool shit for dark elves.

It shouldn't be much of a problem. Later on you repair quite a few factions if you want to make getting around on the Cleric easier. You can even get the dwarves off your back if you give a shit. The biggest challenge is going to be remembering not to auto follow the Enchanter in to dark elves or the Cleric in to dwarves/elves. Also, if you are picking high elf Enchanter because of the difference in charisma don't worry about it. The most important factors for charm are level difference, magic resistance and charisma with charisma coming in at a distand third and you get most of the value at 100ish.

• 1Like

ver_21

Molten Core Raider
The most important factors for charm are level difference, magic resistance and charisma with charisma coming in at a distand third and you get most of the value at 100ish.

Does charisma matter at all for bards? I could never tell.

DickTrickle

Charisma is also a secondary or tertiary check for any lull spell or song, which bards do have of course.

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
It's not worth specifically gearing for though, you'll get some naturally.

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I'm not 100% but I don't think even think charisma has anything to do with the Lull lines. It's a tertiary check on mezzes and charms only no real reason to stack. I can't remember how it came about exactly but a few years ago we started getting some definitive information on what exactly stats do. If you remember back in the day charisma was one of the Shaman recommended stats, dexterity a Necromancer recommended stat and a few other oddities. In reality none of that shit does anything and they changed the recommended stats at character creation to reflect that.