Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
So I fired up Mangler yesterday to try out some fresh classes to level and see how it is. Tried Bard, getting crushed constantly and its painful as fuck, then tried mage and after a bit of a ball ache, saved the silver for the first few spells, got pet and suddenly you're soloing yellows like they are nothing. The power levels between classes is fucking insane! Somehow I have to drag a bard to 50 though, seeing as how the songs dont appear to effect pets, it seems as if I'm in for a bit of a long haul :(

Mage though, what the fuck!

Mage peaks around velious with epic, the dropoff starts from there until you're just a worse wizard.

Abacab

Golden Knight of the Realm
Y'all really going to do this shit again? This is like what the 10th TLP since like 2012? Add in P99 and other EMU servers, how many times do you need to kill Nagafen before it's absolutely stale?

Some great shit coming out this year like Valorant and yet you're playing a 20 year old game's 15th ladder reset server lol

• 2Like
  • 1Barf
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 3 users

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
The spell icons are .tga files, there are 2 lots, one lot is called gemicons01.tga to gemicons23.tga, these are the smaller versions and also include a lot more than just spell icons. There are larger versions in the files spells01.tga to spells06.tga which are more spell related, but still have some other things included.

If you're looking to replace the spell icons from one UI to another, you just need to copy the .tga files from the set you want to use, over the existing files in the UI you're adapting/wanting to use (both the gemicons & spells, as I think the gemicons are used in the buff window and the spells are used in the spellbook/hotbars). I've used the spell icons from drakah's UI's for so long that any others make no sense to me, so I have to do that on every UI i use (currently using sparxx)

You could probably easily edit the actual icons themselves if you have a modicum of artistic talent, i leave that for more capable people though!

Thanks, but I've already worked out all of that. The screenshot I've showed has the spellbar increased in size and I've reworked the border boxes at a new resolution so they look nice and crisp. The hotbars have just been scaled up inside the code and I'll look at reworking them if I need too. You'll notice that the spell icon is a fraction of the size of the surrounding border... and that's the issue I'm currently trying to scale up. I just can't seem to find a modifier inside the UI that controls that size. The icons in the spell book are bigger, so there has to be some way to change it. I just need to find exactly where that spell icon is. Plus, I'm still trying to track down where the numbers on item stacks are located. I just had a thought though, that might make some of this a tad easier.

PS: Ogre SK this time around I think. I did the Ogre Warrior MT thing on Agnarr.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Thanks, but I've already worked out all of that. The screenshot I've showed has the spellbar increased in size and I've reworked the border boxes at a new resolution so they look nice and crisp. The hotbars have just been scaled up inside the code and I'll look at reworking them if I need too. You'll notice that the spell icon is a fraction of the size of the surrounding border... and that's the issue I'm currently trying to scale up. I just can't seem to find a modifier inside the UI that controls that size. The icons in the spell book are bigger, so there has to be some way to change it. I just need to find exactly where that spell icon is. Plus, I'm still trying to track down where the numbers on item stacks are located. I just had a thought though, that might make some of this a tad easier.

PS: Ogre SK this time around I think. I did the Ogre Warrior MT thing on Agnarr.
Also doing Ogre SK. Maybe I'll stick with it past a month

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Y'all really going to do this shit again? This is like what the 10th TLP since like 2012? Add in P99 and other EMU servers, how many times do you need to kill Nagafen before it's absolutely stale?

Some great shit coming out this year like Valorant and yet you're playing a 20 year old game's 15th ladder reset server lol

Lol this guy. You know I’ll see you at derv camp 2 in a few weeks.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
haha the best part is mentioning valorant, the 99.9999% copy of old ass counterstrike

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Kaines

Potato Supreme

This is the same guy that asks the alcoholic if he’s REALLY going to the bar again tonight.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler

Yes, you make a great argument, because everyone has played every single TLP out there. There's not a single person posting here who hasn't played every single one including all emus in existence.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler

keep in mind you're going to have a real bad time of it when they update the UI. I had a custom UI that I modified and it was just too time-consuming to keep up with the little changes that they make now and then, especially since I wasn't well versed enough in the foundations of it that I could just do it without looking things up.

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So did we get an official answer Aradune is 2 separate computers or we can run 2 instances?

Abacab

The addiction this time around gonna be bad thanks to those stimulus checks, gonna be buying BIBS for 3kr day 2

Nester

Vyemm Raider

Come back and "TEST" the new GM service with your mad Train skills we saw on P99.

Abacab

Come back and "TEST" the new GM service with your mad Train skills we saw on P99.

I remember when P99 was pretty fun but then pop hit like 350 and Rogean saw the $$$ and turned into a complete cucklord.

I guess that's what happens when you're like 15+ years in the IT game and still sit in as NOC support.