Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
On Agnarr picks used to stay open as long as there was a single person in them so would get a large bloom of picks at prime time that would then all stay open past the peak.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
Krono farmers probably bitched to the right people about how too many picks deflated the value of items and made it harder to lock down all the camps.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Pick size varies by zone. Need 10 to keep them permanently open.

Ehhh, I can confirm you don't need 10 to maintain a pick. You need a minimum in the OG pick.

For SK it was something like 15 people in the OG or picks would de-pop.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
It might vary by zone, too. But main pick size doesn't matter. I know the sirens grotto botters have zero in the main pick and 10 in all of the rest

Los_Necros

Trakanon Raider
The last factual info I remember about picks is that when 2 picks duck under the pick threshold, the game takes the lowest pick and locks it and closes it 15min later.

So you could be in a pick with just a few people but you would need to keep the main pick at or above it's threshold (10 for nearly all zones. I'm not sure about the really really big zones but the ones like solb velks sirens seb chardok etc should all be 10.

Could have been some tweaks since then but that's my experience still.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
I mean I've been in picks that closed due to not enough people in the Main Zone.

Never been in a pick that closed to only having 1 person in it. Heck I farming in SK for hours before it closed with 2 people in it because main pick ducked under the threshold.

Every zone threshold is different too. Indoor seems like a lower threshold than outdoor.

DickTrickle

You can go into Siren's Grotto right now and the main pick has zero people in it. Main pick population doesn't matter. I've been in the zone for hours when the botter was in and it's not like they were ever bringing people into the main pick either.

I do think picks, after they open, stay up for a certain amount of time regardless of population. So maybe that's where some of the difference is in experiences.

Los_Necros

Trakanon Raider
Main pick 0 people. Pick 9 people.. Pick closes.

Main pick 20 people. Pick 1 person. Pick should stay open.

They should both be true guys.

The South karana thing is because the main pick stayed above it's threshold.

You guys aren't contradicting each other. Don't worry. It makes sense both you are right.

DickTrickle

No... He said there needs to be a minimum amount in the main pick. And I'm saying you can go and log on Mangler right now and go to siren's grotto and there will be four to five picks up and zero people in the main pick. That is a contradiction.

Edit: well not right this moment since the servers were started today and it takes the botters some time to get things going

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
20200819_165451.jpg

Unshrunk ogres blocking the dock, half the people on said dock afk when the boat gets there...

...what is this, WoW?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Did everyone on mangler get their truebox bypass from the same person ? Coming from someone who boxes a lot i figured the value was in the truebox breaking more so than the exact compile you guys were using to afk.

But now apparently you can buy the truebox bypass for 150 euros lol. Wonder how similar the bypasses are and I wonder if being public will mean daybreak makes an effort to stop it. View attachment 294715

Nah I didnt get it from that guy, but wow thats a ton of money. I mean you could make that back easily but damn. I have a coder buddy that plays and at one point he did sell it a few people on this forum but one of them gave it to someone, who gave it to braniac to crack it for their own use. Turns out Braniac is bff with eqmule which ended up pissing off mule and causing the whole MQ2 coding war where mule decided to start injecting crashes, reports, sending our bots tells via hidden code, encrypting more things, so we decided it wasnt a good idea to pass it around.

Why would daybreak stop it? It was obvious the 70 boxer on mangler had it, he was also boxing on agnarr before that, warping around and had about 48 boxes in sirens where he started perfecting it for mangler. They've known all along since phinigel that people have had it, thats also why eqmule would constantly encrypt more things cause holly would be backchanneling him instead of admitting to the public that people had it.

also dont have any krono to sell, i stopped eq during luclin of mangler.

Last edited:

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Krono farmers probably bitched to the right people about how too many picks deflated the value of items and made it harder to lock down all the camps.

Lol I enjoyed the extra picks. The more picks there were, the less likely people were going to pick over into your camp and harass you. You literally could go 24/7 without ever having someone come in your camp or send you a tell. It also helped places like sebilis where you had people AE powerleveling and training your camps. Once they cut down picks I had people harassing me daily, noticing me more etc.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Did FoB pots get removed?

Unfortunately I had to hit OT first to get spells for a few people and had a porter waiting there to get me to EJ.

Given what a shitshow TD ended up being, people with FoB pots were able to get started a good 40 minutes earlier though

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Unfortunately I had to hit OT first to get spells for a few people and had a porter waiting there to get me to EJ.

Given what a shitshow TD ended up being, people with FoB pots were able to get started a good 40 minutes earlier though

ah, makes sense. How’s the grind going so far? I imagine we will see our first 60s on Aradune before the 24 hour post launch mark.