Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I know it's still early but I don't think Aradune is going to be a server that very many people look back on fondly.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I know it's still early but I don't think Aradune is going to be a server that very many people look back on fondly.

I think that's a safe bet. All valuable notrade items being perma-farmed to sell for krono has killed any drive I have to still play this

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
Well, the good news is you can transfer your Aradune characters over to Mangler after this next patch! Woo-Wee!

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
Aradune is my first ever TLP, and I don't know anything about Atabishi or any current officers of TEB on previous TLPs. So this is a first hand insider experience from my perspective:

I choose TEB because I want OW domination, that's just how I want to play. I have been with the guild since the beginning. Base on my observation and interaction, the leadership of TEB has been fairly fair (such as VP key funneling), and how they run the guild can sum up as so far so good.

People leave the game and the guild for whatever reason, but surprisingly there has been very very few internal dramas so to speak, and non of those were significant (mainly compliant about killsteal between guild mates, and not that many players were known for fuck things up and being remove from the guild). All the raid loots are bid out using DKP and you can trace everything back if you want. Despite what rumors claim from people outside of the guild, there is no evidence about TEB leadship RMT any big raid item. They pay for sky/hate stone if you are a wizard. They even host guild event handing out free kronos / Cloak of Flame.

Hence why you haven't heard any "juicy explosive internal drama" from TEB yet (unlike other guilds such as Toxic Few). 99% of the hate toward TEB are from people outside, which has nothing to do with this 'insider report.'

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I think that's a safe bet. All valuable notrade items being perma-farmed to sell for krono has killed any drive I have to still play this

Having skipped out on the traditional TLP ruleset for a while I missed all of the advancements in the meta. Fucking everything is commodified now. During Classic what I would have previously described as fringe plat farming methods were the status quo. Getting JBoots used to just be a part of my regular exping. Fast forward a few years and that's whole fucking area is a permanently contested krono farm. Now that Kunark has launched it looks like everyone has the same basic laundry list of shit to do. On two different TLPs I camped Rotting Skeleton and Pained Soul basically by myself. Here each piece was an all day affair as everyone tries to plant enough bodies around the spawns to keep the competition from sniffing around. More than once I've went to either get a quest drop that always rots or kill a quest mob that's always up (from my old perspective) and there's someone fucking up the chain on purpose unless I pay.

Everything has become either a fight or a shakedown. When you sprinkle on top the worst TLP launch week(s) and the spotty "dedicated" GMs the stuff I like about the game is harder to keep in view.

• 2Like

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Having skipped out on the traditional TLP ruleset for a while I missed all of the advancements in the meta. Fucking everything is commodified now. During Classic what I would have previously described as fringe plat farming methods were the status quo. Getting JBoots used to just be a part of my regular exping. Fast forward a few years and that's whole fucking area is a permanently contested krono farm. Now that Kunark has launched it looks like everyone has the same basic laundry list of shit to do. On two different TLPs I camped Rotting Skeleton and Pained Soul basically by myself. Here each piece was an all day affair as everyone tries to plant enough bodies around the spawns to keep the competition from sniffing around. More than once I've went to either get a quest drop that always rots or kill a quest mob that's always up (from my old perspective) and there's someone fucking up the chain on purpose unless I pay.

Everything has become either a fight or a shakedown. When you sprinkle on top the worst TLP launch week(s) and the spotty "dedicated" GMs the stuff I like about the game is harder to keep in view.

You summed up the last few TLEs perfectly. This one is the worst yet as far as monetizing every camp

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
epics.png

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Ikkan

Molten Core Raider
Does anyone on Riz want any decent gear from classic/chardok/kc? I've got a ton of stuff I'm not gonna use and isn't worth spending my time selling in tunnel, but with most of the pop being boxers I'm actually having trouble giving it away!

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Thinking back on epics, which ones are comparatively the easiest in Kunark era? I remember doing a ton of druid and cleric ones for friends and guildies back in the day so assume they were easy but I suppose you need to factor in all the contesting of mobs at this point.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Easiest to Hardest:

Tier 1: Basically give it to you for free
  1. Rogue
  2. Shaman
Tier 2: Not too bad
  1. Monk
  2. Cleric
  3. Paladin
  4. Ranger
  5. Druid
  6. Enchanter
Tier 3: Going to take some work and a decent guild
  1. Warrior
  2. Bard
  3. Shadow Knight
  4. Wizard
Tier 4: Hardly worth the time and effort
  1. Magician
  2. Necromancer

• 2Like

Ikkan

Molten Core Raider
Thinking back on epics, which ones are comparatively the easiest in Kunark era? I remember doing a ton of druid and cleric ones for friends and guildies back in the day so assume they were easy but I suppose you need to factor in all the contesting of mobs at this point.

Rogue - Super easy. There are a couple of mobs(or just 1?) that you turn stuff into that despawn after turn in and are on 6 hour spawn timers, so there can be a slight bottleneck. The only "fights" are Phinny and the one in Kithicor and they're simple.

Shaman - It's a bunch of running around, turning stuff in, and some 2 group content in CoM and that's it.

Druid - In terms of needing other people you can do almost the entire thing solo except for fake Faydedar and spawned VS. VS is 1 groupable and Fay can be done with ~12 but way easier with 18. It can take a little time because there are so many tainted -> corrupted mobs you have to kill all over, but they aren't hard.

Cleric - In terms of difficulty it's not bad. A few annoying camps, but once you get to turn in for Ixiblat you can take 3-4 groups(to be safe) and knock out the final fights for epic in ~60 minutes.

Paladin - This epic can actually be "completed" in classic. In Kunark you do a turn in at Felwithe -> Erudin -> PoFear. The only "hard" part is getting to PoFear turn in mob.

• 1Like

Cyni

Lord Nagafen Raider
I would consider the Necro to be one of the easier ones on TLP. And Ench/Wiz are basically impossible to do atm.

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
If you're in a raiding guild the Necromancer epic is free. I could see it being tough back in the day as you needed a drop from the Plane of Sky plus a drop from deep inside Chardok but these days Chardok is the premier exp zone and Sky is something a dozen guilds are clearing each week. There's one drop you can't get in Classic (Manisi Herb) and one single group fight and you're done. Now that we're a couple weeks in to Kunark damn near ever Necromancer with a guild tag has theirs.

Enchanter's definitely a bitch with more than one heavily contested step. The big open world guild making Broken Golem a batphone objective makes the Wizard epic borderline impossible until they're done. The server has maybe two other Wizards with one? It's rough. I know the SK epic used to be a mess but it's gotten better. Their last fight is brickhouse though. Lhranc will punch you right in your donut if you show up with just a couple people.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Easiest to Hardest:

Tier 1: Basically give it to you for free
  1. Rogue
  2. Shaman
Tier 2: Not too bad
  1. Monk
  2. Cleric
  3. Paladin
  4. Ranger
  5. Druid
  6. Enchanter
Tier 3: Going to take some work and a decent guild
  1. Warrior
  2. Bard
  3. Shadow Knight
  4. Wizard
Tier 4: Hardly worth the time and effort
  1. Magician
  2. Necromancer

Why is Mage not worth the effort? The pet is superior to their other pets up until PoP. And everything can be one grouped, assuming you were keyed to sky originally. It's one of the most worthwhile ones.

Last edited:

DickTrickle

Rogue - Super easy. There are a couple of mobs(or just 1?) that you turn stuff into that despawn after turn in and are on 6 hour spawn timers, so there can be a slight bottleneck. The only "fights" are Phinny and the one in Kithicor and they're simple.

Shaman - It's a bunch of running around, turning stuff in, and some 2 group content in CoM and that's it.

Druid - In terms of needing other people you can do almost the entire thing solo except for fake Faydedar and spawned VS. VS is 1 groupable and Fay can be done with ~12 but way easier with 18. It can take a little time because there are so many tainted -> corrupted mobs you have to kill all over, but they aren't hard.

Cleric - In terms of difficulty it's not bad. A few annoying camps, but once you get to turn in for Ixiblat you can take 3-4 groups(to be safe) and knock out the final fights for epic in ~60 minutes.

Paladin - This epic can actually be "completed" in classic. In Kunark you do a turn in at Felwithe -> Erudin -> PoFear. The only "hard" part is getting to PoFear turn in mob.

FWIW, I was able to one group Rak'Ashir and fake Fay with one group in Kunark group gear. Fay took me three attempts, though. But yeah, VS is super easy since he only procs the lifetap a couple times and no MOTM.

• 1Like

Ikkan

Molten Core Raider
FWIW, I was able to one group Rak'Ashir and fake Fay with one group in Kunark group gear. Fay took me three attempts, though. But yeah, VS is super easy since he only procs the lifetap a couple times and no MOTM.

Rak`Ashir definitely seems like that's not too much difficulty if you get casters out of range now that I think about it. Fay is pretty impressive with 1 group. I use 2 groups and I had trouble, but then again I didn't really prep for the AE/fear and just kinda tried to burn him down ASAP :)

DickTrickle

Rak`Ashir definitely seems like that's not too much difficulty if you get casters out of range now that I think about it. Fay is pretty impressive with 1 group. I use 2 groups and I had trouble, but then again I didn't really prep for the AE/fear and just kinda tried to burn him down ASAP :)

Yeah, Rak is all about keeping distance then you only have to heal the tank.

And if the Fay kill was a real group, would have been easier. I actually boxed Fay with one group :) Trying to get feared people back to the mob was.... rough. Careful buffing, puretone resists and broken monk DPS is what saved the day. But yeah if you don't prep, it's way harder.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Why is Mage not worth the effort? The pet is superior to their other pets up until PoP. And everything can be one grouped, assuming you were keyed to sky originally. It's one of the most worthwhile ones.
I don't have a comment on whether the Mage is worth the effort, but when I did the mage epic on live a couple years ago I was blown away by how much more bullshit the mage had than the other epics I had done. I've done almost all of them now and I guess I've missed most of the difficult ones, but man the mage is just one garbage camp after another.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
With Rak his AE is small enough that if the tank is at max melee and everyone else is on the other side also at max melee only the tank eats his fire death.

The easy-peazy method is to charm a Mist Reaver and have it do the tanking. For some reason you're still allowed to charm those out of era death machines.