Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

Wynt

Trakanon Raider
enchanter epics is one of the funnest ones to do. Every part had strong competition on Mangler.. so much salt..

I remember I cross-server linked the OT ground spawn then dropped a bag and picked it up and linked it to the others in say. everyone was like "FUCK I missed it" and left. 15 mins later it actually popped.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
84 people in a small room in East Cabilis now waiting for the enchanter guy at the moment. Could spawn now or in 6 hours.

• 1Barf
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Dare I say it but this server would be better if it had fewer people on it. Only started after Kunark but mid level grouping has been very hit or miss. Some great groups but also having a lot of issues finding an open camp. One guy pulling half of Guk to PL his alt and a few more farming the $$$ items doesn't leave much to kill for regular groups. Picks should really pop based on how many mobs are up, not how many people are in zone.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Dare I say it but this server would be better if it had fewer people on it. Only started after Kunark but mid level grouping has been very hit or miss. Some great groups but also having a lot of issues finding an open camp. One guy pulling half of Guk to PL his alt and a few more farming the $$$ items doesn't leave much to kill for regular groups. Picks should really pop based on how many mobs are up, not how many people are in zone.

Fwiw, this has not been my experience as a new player coming after kunark. Ive always got a grp within 5 mins. In lguk got ass, frenzy, then lord groups within an hour. Live side is always open also.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>

Yeah I posted a request on their forums to up the /pick zone creation rate. I was met with 90% trolls and people that actually were offended I would ask that. Nobody thought it was a good idea, claimed the server couldnt handle it and they shouldn't have to upgrade? I don't get the apologists.

After putting off the AC camp, I hit it early yesterday morning, and it actually popped behind me right where it says he does on the Brewall map. It took Hasten about 20 minutes to spawn in Rathe, so glad to finally finish that one.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
Fwiw, this has not been my experience as a new player coming after kunark. Ive always got a grp within 5 mins. In lguk got ass, frenzy, then lord groups within an hour. Live side is always open also.

Yes, but you are playing the most necessary group class, especially since those with a second box typically do a healer since it’s much more straightforward than CC and charming + buffing. I’d typically get 3 - 4 invites almost simultaneously after going LFG as an enchanter.

Last edited:

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The non-charming DPS classes look to have the worst time leveling post-Kunark launch. Trying to do 51-60 after the initial rush as a Wizard for example looks fairly annoying.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's been fairly terrible as a druid, the old adage about healers getting groups quickly doesn't seem to hold up when everyone and their brother has a box healer. It's been better as a tank but levelling one as a first character kinda sucks. I prolly should just make an enchanter and rule EQ for the next 6 months.

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah I actually wait for a while with a twinked cleric to get a group. I can advertise that I can bring a lvl 60 enchanter out of group, but kind of hate to do that. So many just bring a boxed healer along.

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It's been fairly terrible as a druid, the old adage about healers getting groups quickly doesn't seem to hold up when everyone and their brother has a box healer. It's been better as a tank but levelling one as a first character kinda sucks. I prolly should just make an enchanter and rule EQ for the next 6 months.

People really want a cleric no matter what for the rez, and if going 2 then add a shaman. Smart groups know a druid in Chardok is money charm that dog and there is some druid buff that makes the thing a shredder.

Last edited:

Louis

Trakanon Raider
It is probably unknown by a majority of people putting together pugs, but druids are really powerful in Chardok with their animal charm. The first 2 groups to hit 60 were both utilizing them.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Druids are probably the only class that remains improperly valued relative to their strength.

I don't know what happened on the last few TLPs but Magicians in general seem to really fallen out of favor relative to their popularity years back.

Xevy

Log Wizard
They nerfed pets on bosses, basically. Mage pets get less effective on bosses the more pets are on the target. Stacking them isn't great. That said, there's like maybe one expac where Mages aren't fucking great. Classic to Kunark they're very strong, Velious they don't get much and rely on epic pet, Luclin they're meh, but in PoP+ they can put out some serious damage and their pets just do whatever they need.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
They nerfed pets on bosses, basically. Mage pets get less effective on bosses the more pets are on the target. Stacking them isn't great. That said, there's like maybe one expac where Mages aren't fucking great. Classic to Kunark they're very strong, Velious they don't get much and rely on epic pet, Luclin they're meh, but in PoP+ they can put out some serious damage and their pets just do whatever they need.

Their pets got nerfed a good bit a while back, too. The pet alone used to dominate melee classes in both tanking and damage

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Finished the necro epic hat thing. A ridiculously OP item. They nerfed our duration lifetap (stops working when the mob dies, who knows why it changed after 20 years). This hat gives a mana-free pre-nerf lifetap DoT for a shit ton of damage, and you can use it on greys to quickly get back health.

This is my first TLE I haven't 2 boxed, and I'm glad I did it, it felt like too much work. Now I can chill and group. I think I'll skip the VP key this go around.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Finished the necro epic hat thing. A ridiculously OP item. They nerfed our duration lifetap (stops working when the mob dies, who knows why it changed after 20 years). This hat gives a mana-free pre-nerf lifetap DoT for a shit ton of damage, and you can use it on greys to quickly get back health.

This is my first TLE I haven't 2 boxed, and I'm glad I did it, it felt like too much work. Now I can chill and group. I think I'll skip the VP key this go around.

It really is a game changer. Between this, the duration tap staff from vp, your epic, and the iksar shield that has a direct tap you can do decent dps with 0 mana on mobs that live long enough.

Needless

Toe Sucker
What's the go-to twink shit for a pally in kunark? so far i have:

jeldorin/sbs
fungi
RBG
hp rings/neck
Havent been able to find dark scale legs/arms yet.

Do i just fill with deepwater shit for AC? haven't played a knight in ages, figured why not.