Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
DE illusion would negate ogre stun resist in the first place. Definitely not ideal.
Keanu Reeves GIF

Things you learn when you mainly play wizards, rogues, and clerics.

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
I think he's saying that because he assumes you will always use dark elf illusion if not a dark elf... Which is beyond silly and shows his obvious bias towards DE.

H2h caps are different, but the hand wraps should have always put you over cap.

on raids it is not uncommon to be asked to shrink etc. A lot of folks accomplish this with an illusion. This can be mitigated with shrink or simply not doing so which is completely acceptable in a lot of zones.
So to clarify I am referring to there not ever being contention for an illusion yes.

I think I have also gone pretty clear on the record on best races by expac.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Also Ogre is the worst model in classic, contested only by Erudite. Troll is the ultimate fashion choice.

• 1Dislike
  • 1Seriously?
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Also Ogre is the worst model in classic, contested only by Erudite. Troll is the ultimate fashion choice.
Ogre is good if only because it's so distinctive compared to the Luclin ogre model and most ogre models in games. When you rolled ogre you really felt it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
How can someone not love these faces? Also, that big chungus waddle.

1608043970787.png

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Classic erudite armor look is pretty tight.

I quite like the new ogres but you can't deny that they're of a much different personality. Old ones were lovable dumbasses.

Sterling

El Presidente
Anyone playing a class that can be a gnome that isn't playing a gnome is doing it wrong.

• 1Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Anyone playing a class that can be a gnome that isn't playing a gnome is doing it wrong.
I've done gnome a few times. The disadvantage of not being able to easily walk up some areas is a significant downside, especially while boxing.

I think the dark elf / half elf size is just about perfect.

Sterling

El Presidente
I've done gnome a few times. The disadvantage of not being able to easily walk up some areas is a significant downside, especially while boxing.

I think the dark elf / half elf size is just about perfect.
Heretic

• 1Like

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of you jumping up a staircase everyone else can run up.

I remember one particular session of playing my dwarf in the early days where I got up to go grab a drink and involuntarily reaching above my head to grab the door handle because my perception had been stuck in stumpy-mode for the best part of a day. You had to pretty much look up to everything if you were one of the shorter races.

It's kind of a shame hardly anyone plays in first person anymore in MMOs.

• 2Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I remember one particular session of playing my dwarf in the early days where I got up to go grab a drink and involuntarily reaching above my head to grab the door handle because my perception had been stuck in stumpy-mode for the best part of a day. You had to pretty much look up to everything if you were one of the shorter races.

It's kind of a shame hardly anyone plays in first person anymore in MMOs.
I know when I've been gaming too much when I'm constantly feeling the impulse to begin my DPS rotation on people around me. Like, bro, you're not a dwarven berserker, stop trying to pop cooldowns and hit someone with dichotomic rage.

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I can see how the ring war drops are unintended but if it's fixed to only give one of each item the event goes from being too rewarding to pointless considering the amount of time and people it takes.

They did nerf the chainspawning the frog in Misty Thicket trick that was posted in this thread around release, he no longer gives any xp.

So is this actually changed, we did one Sunday and it was still the same as it has been? On the forum the devs are listing this as an exploit now.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I was in Grobb a bunch lately and had a wicked nightmare last night.

1608055808940.png

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So is this actually changed, we did one Sunday and it was still the same as it has been? On the forum the devs are listing this as an exploit now.

Not yet, I did one this weekend as well and it works same as ever. It's on the dev radar now, whether or not they'll actually commit time and resources to fixing it is another matter. I think fixing this properly may be a lot more complicated than just turning off the xp for the spawnable Misty Thicket frog, which they did do.

There's so many broken things that have been broken for 20 years so they are just accepted as normal these days. A stack of 20 items weighs the same as a stack of 1, just to name one example. Been broken since 1999. Looking through walls by sitting/standing. North Felwithe being south of South Felwithe. Literally unplayable.

• 1Worf