Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
It's a sliding scale of course but they're less asshole than your typical "gets all the open world targets" TLP uber guild.

Sterling

El Presidente
It's a sliding scale of course but they're less asshole than your typical "gets all the open world targets" TLP uber guild.
In fairness it's really a handful of people that make those guilds what they are as well. Most interactions with most people from those guilds in other settings work out just fine.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Aradune is pretty harsh on those folks in general. A couple hours before Velious launched with everyone waiting at the docks TEB had one of their more competitive individuals get handed a thirty-day. It was the capstone on a checkered career but the timing was obviously punitive. There were enough zero hour pre-expansion jail sentences handed out that I'm thinking it may just be policy. We'll see with Luclin I guess if the same thing happens.

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
In practice how it works is if you get reported than a GM is probably going to pop in and watch you. Salty dude reports you, you pull some shit, one of the frogs gives someone from another group a love tap on the way over, bam, seven day suspension. Training can be as minor as one mob attacking one guy with no real harm done. You really need to give some thought to what you're doing. The general callousness most of us have developed is a quick path to a vacation or three.
Here's the thing though. A GM kicked us out of the game and suspended us within a half hour of starting our AE group. All of this on a Sunday as well.

How many times have you had a GM respond to your petition that fast?

One of the guys that got suspended had only been at the group for about 13 minutes when we all got suspended (including him).

Like I said before, everybody checked their logs, and there was nothing said by anyone in Say, Tell, OOC, or Auction. Not one single word, so where was this GM check they claimed we didn't respond to?

Also, two people in the group was actively pulling mobs. They were out pulling mobs to the group. How is someone running out to get mobs and back considered AFK?

And, the one that really gets me is the fact that my second account got suspended, and he wasn't even part of the AE group. It was just my ranger standing there waiting to join group in case someone left. He got suspended for being in the same area basically. He didn't pull mobs, cast spells, nor hit anything. He was just standing there waiting for an opening in the group. So, apparently, it's ok to suspend people for association lol.

So, lets analyze the facts. Some duchebag named Skwishy comes over and says "fucking botters", and 30 minutes later a GM suspends everybody in the area with no contact made to them at all. Yeah... either Skwishy has a GM account or knows a GM. It's really that simple.

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
Having been busted multiple times for automated maging, they haven't been sending tells for a loooong time, it's way too easy to setup triggers to catch. Did your suspension email say you got hit for Community Standards Violation, Cheating, or Automated Gameplay? From experience they will often test if you are automating by messing with your setup such as GM summoning a character to see if they move straight back to the previous spot or looking around because, you know, a normal player would be confused if they suddenly got warped even 15-20 feet away from where they were. I've even seen them highsun a mob or make it invulnerable / not drop loot to see how you react to it.

If your ranger was sitting next to the group for an extended period of time and/or had the same guild tag and/or is on the same 2FA then I'm not surprised it got popped.

As others said though, all it takes is 1 guy that wants to fuck with you sitting in the way of your train recording you pulling 10+ mobs over top of them (even if it doesn't kill them) to make a case for zone disruption.

Los_Necros

Trakanon Raider
Way back on phinny I had a gm succor just my 1 main toon and left my others there. Had to run my main toon back to camp where an invise gm asks if I'm okay.

I thought I had taken too many drugs before realizing it was a GM that did the 1 toon evac.

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Having been busted multiple times for automated maging, they haven't been sending tells for a loooong time, it's way too easy to setup triggers to catch. Did your suspension email say you got hit for Community Standards Violation, Cheating, or Automated Gameplay? From experience they will often test if you are automating by messing with your setup such as GM summoning a character to see if they move straight back to the previous spot or looking around because, you know, a normal player would be confused if they suddenly got warped even 15-20 feet away from where they were. I've even seen them highsun a mob or make it invulnerable / not drop loot to see how you react to it.

If your ranger was sitting next to the group for an extended period of time and/or had the same guild tag and/or is on the same 2FA then I'm not surprised it got popped.

As others said though, all it takes is 1 guy that wants to fuck with you sitting in the way of your train recording you pulling 10+ mobs over top of them (even if it doesn't kill them) to make a case for zone disruption.
The simple fact is the GM didn't do anything to see if we were there. I know because there was 8 real live humans playing there at that camp. Not one single person said, "hey my character just got moved over here" or anything like that. What actually was being said in Discord was a lot of the usual chatter that friends say while playing the game. In other words, nothing was out of the norm at all.

There was 2 people pulling mobs to the AE group, 3 of us were running stuns, a couple bards doing what bards do ... /melody and netflix, a wizard going pew pew to finish off the mobs after the bard songs take em down most of the way. All but a couple were running 2 characters. In other words, there was PLENTY of characters moving around to show that it wasn't a fucking AFK PL group. It was a group of friends hanging out having fun on a Sunday afternoon, and some duchebag fucker ruined it.

As for what we all got in email, it was "cheating".

Most of us petitioned on other accounts (because you can't do jack shit while your account is suspended), and the form letter response we all got back was that we did not respond to a GM check.

So lets get this straight. No GM says, tells, ooc, auction, etc. Nobody being ported around to make us go "what the fuck". And, when you're killing dozens of mobs at the same time, how would you notice that mob 10 out of 32 didn't drop anything.... or even care that it didn't drop anything. Mobs don't drop shit all the time.

Seriously, it's not hard to see that this was somebody using a corrupt GM to fuck with us.

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider
Bro, it's time to realize what most of us have known for a while. EQ is populated by trash people now. They all came over from P99 with all that bullshit dragged along with them. Using the petition system to grief people is straight from P99. Until the tlps came along, krono wasn't a main source of income for some people. It is now. If you play on the latest server that was released, you are going to meet all the dregs. so you have a choice, play with the retards, or solo on a less used server, or even one of the numerous emu servers (p99 isn't the only server that is fun to play on). Check out project gorgon on steam. It's no longer in beta, so you have to buy to try, but it's cheap. And has a real nice population of gamers not lamers.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
Not trying to be an ass but seriously...fuck AoE groups.

Glad they are just shitting on people for disrupting entire zones. Wish they would have banned all those people during Agnarr as well.

Like you want to play in Sebilis? Nope there are 2 guys boxing the entire top floor. Want to play in Velks? oh 4 picks all being farmed out by the same AoE group.

They should just zone into the deep every hour or so and just ban anyone there.

• 3Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 3 users

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The simple fact is the GM didn't do anything to see if we were there. I know because there was 8 real live humans playing there at that camp. Not one single person said, "hey my character just got moved over here" or anything like that. What actually was being said in Discord was a lot of the usual chatter that friends say while playing the game. In other words, nothing was out of the norm at all.

There was 2 people pulling mobs to the AE group, 3 of us were running stuns, a couple bards doing what bards do ... /melody and netflix, a wizard going pew pew to finish off the mobs after the bard songs take em down most of the way. All but a couple were running 2 characters. In other words, there was PLENTY of characters moving around to show that it wasn't a fucking AFK PL group. It was a group of friends hanging out having fun on a Sunday afternoon, and some duchebag fucker ruined it.

As for what we all got in email, it was "cheating".

Most of us petitioned on other accounts (because you can't do jack shit while your account is suspended), and the form letter response we all got back was that we did not respond to a GM check.

So lets get this straight. No GM says, tells, ooc, auction, etc. Nobody being ported around to make us go "what the fuck". And, when you're killing dozens of mobs at the same time, how would you notice that mob 10 out of 32 didn't drop anything.... or even care that it didn't drop anything. Mobs don't drop shit all the time.

Seriously, it's not hard to see that this was somebody using a corrupt GM to fuck with us.
You should Tweet directly at J-Chan. Let her deal with the GM. It is a pretty ridiculous situation.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
You guys all have ShowEQ running, yeah?
No active, injected hacks, just ShowEQ?

If no ShowEQ or anything else like MQ2 or Abyss's easily detected hacks, then you should cause a ruckus with JChan & other higher-ups... Also cancel any subscriptions you have, and if you have friends that still play, a show of force in cancelling subscriptions would work.

Or delete Krono live on stream or something while you cancel. There's creative ways to protest bad CSR behavior, and that would hit them where it counts.

(fyi, I know very little about the details but I know some people that are too mentally incompetent to use hacks got hit in the banwave, so that raises suspicions alone for me.)

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

Pharone

Trakanon Raider

If no ShowEQ or anything else like MQ2 or Abyss's easily detected hacks, then you should cause a ruckus with JChan & other higher-ups... Also cancel any subscriptions you have, and if you have friends that still play, a show of force in cancelling subscriptions would work.

Or delete Krono live on stream or something while you cancel. There's creative ways to protest bad CSR behavior, and that would hit them where it counts.

(fyi, I know very little about the details but I know some people that are too mentally incompetent to use hacks got hit in the banwave, so that raises suspicions alone for me.)
Nah I wasn't running any hacks, and as far as I know, none of my friends have ever used MQ2. I don't know if any of them was running showeq, so I can't say they didn't.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

Wouldn't deleting Krono be a positive for DPG?

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
You actually can't "delete" krono at all. The only way to get rid of one is to consume it or put it on a burner account that you get banned. I've tried every method I could possibly think of to delete one in both EQ1 and EQ2 and nada.

hory

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
They have weird accounting, the Krono is a liability until it is clicked. They show revenue in the quarter it's clicked....or something similar.

I guess if I cared about accounting that would make more sense.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well, Krono is kind of like a deposit for a hotel or anything else. It is a liability on the books till it is actually realized.

But the big difference, is that most deposits can be canceled or forfeit for a lesser amount of the total, whereas Krono they take the full amount upfront and its non-refundable. The money for krono should probably go on the books at the time of purchase, not redemption.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users