Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

Xevy

Log Wizard
The problem with throwing platinum out is it fucks the market. Plat is used to jewel craft and gamble etc etc etc. It can have a very harmful impact on the economy depending on the era it's used in. Trust me as I farmed HG's from Classic to Velious and I was dumping raw plat into krono as fast as I could. And by using the Kronolords as patsy's it allows them all sorts of easy ways to get around it. Why? Because everyone knows the cheat and hack and etc etc etc. So they can do whatever they want especially with DBG protection (we had a former GM tell us that DBG was in fact protecting these people) and that allows a backdoor for DBG to do what they want.

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

Los_Necros

Trakanon Raider
Those same people they are supposedly protecting... dump more plat than you can imagine into the economy. 3-4 picks of 12 toons deep in sirens is more plat than they can spend. I bet they have millions of plat just sitting around. Once the time is right, in luclin, they will buy every krono available on bazaar and raise the price. They will have infinite plat and krono to work both sides. So, the people they are protecting are doing the same thing as if they were just creating plat out of thin air. And, you have the added issue of customer service having to deal with non stop petitions about these people.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
People pick farming SG are different than the people MQ2 slaying raids 4 times a week. Even the former GM confirmed that for us. The GM was literally in charge of bot hunting and SG was always their first stop. But eventually DBG told them there were certain people who were more financially beneficial to keep running and they resigned over it.

Los_Necros

Trakanon Raider
different "people" sure... but they same group of people. The ones running raids and the sirens grotto are the same group. They get their programs from the same person. One of them just happens to be in charge of AFKing sirens and the other in charge of selling LR on raids. They're definitely extremely connected and they talk to each other daily about coordinating things. If they were completely different people with different plans, you'd see some competition. Why would 1 guy just get all of sirens to himself? Because they designated him that spot or he designated it himself. They plan this to stay out of each others territory and not all be doing the exact same thing. I'm also sure one of them prefers SG afk + doing his own shit raids but not going for the big things and 1 of them prefers warping to OW raids.

I'd be willing to bet that some of the sirens grotto bots have achivements that show they have done joint raids with the "raid bots". Probably each of them brought a chunk of toons to their first tunare kill or vulak kill.

Los_Necros

Trakanon Raider
i certainly would not box my own raid on a server just to be told what i can and cannot kill by some other dude. Unless we were really good friends and planned out the whole thing and had deals going on with each other.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
different "people" sure... but they same group of people. The ones running raids and the sirens grotto are the same group. They get their programs from the same person. One of them just happens to be in charge of AFKing sirens and the other in charge of selling LR on raids. They're definitely extremely connected and they talk to each other daily about coordinating things. If they were completely different people with different plans, you'd see some competition. Why would 1 guy just get all of sirens to himself? Because they designated him that spot or he designated it himself. They plan this to stay out of each others territory and not all be doing the exact same thing. I'm also sure one of them prefers SG afk + doing his own shit raids but not going for the big things and 1 of them prefers warping to OW raids.

I'd be willing to bet that some of the sirens grotto bots have achivements that show they have done joint raids with the "raid bots". Probably each of them brought a chunk of toons to their first tunare kill or vulak kill.
So, China?

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Speaking of Krono

who is selling some?

just kidding jk GIF

I need to do some Twinking on BigDog
I have some if you actually do want some.

Vedette

<Donor>
Hell DBG could be buying Krono in the Commonlands tunnel with plat they are just “printing”... not that I think they are, but hell would really be double dipping then.

This now makes me wish someone would study the macroeconomics of TLP servers. My guess is the highest deflationary period for plat would be right before velious when people are sinking tons of plat into tradeskills. They could probaby buy a decent amount of krono, and it not cause hyper-inflation.

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
From an accounting and tax prespective, I have to assume they count a krono as soon as it it bought. There is really no other way to do so that is logical

you could argue it could be signed future contract assets - on a statement of cash flows it would show up as cash - but on an accrual basis you could probably defer the revenue. Calculation of net income may accept that so from the perspective of deferring taxes I think it could work

I’m not an expert in tax law but this is how I think about it and is a decent overview - Cash Basis vs. Accrual Basis: Which is Right to Use?

from the irs “Under the cash method, you generally report income in the tax year you receive it, and deduct expenses in the tax year in which you pay the expenses. Under the accrual method, you generally report income in the tax year you earn it, regardless of when payment is received.”

I think you could easily argue that “when you earn it” is when the services are actually consumed.

we do all accrual in my company and then we have to do adjustments for statement of cash flows etc and managerial accounting for pnl and balance sheet activities and review

The less the big bois have, the more people have to go to the real store to buy it at a premium. And if they take it away from the krono kings people have no choice but to go to the store. They don't need to make an infinite supply as it's actually consumed unlike real money. They want less floating around or people won't have to go to the store to buy it.

They sell it to Housewife A for $17
Who then gives it to Tubbins who sells it for $10 back to DBG under some guise
Sell the same Krono again for $17 and hope it's consumed for time, which most of the krono lords don't do much of outside of paying their box accounts

You've just made 24 dollars off your Krono instead of $17 ensuring smaller but steady profit until it's consumed from the system.

You don't need to print out infinity if the demand isn't that high. They need to sell it to people who will consume it. Most people who hoard it don't consume much of it.

#1- your theory would work is there was an incremental cost of goods sold, of which there really isn’t one.
#2- you really think dbg is even moderately that organized ?

• 1Like

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Not sure if you said this but I would assume, unless there is a catch somewhere about a business sub (which I don't think there is) daybreak / Darkpaw would have to use the accrual basis for accounting since their parent company is publicly traded.

Cash basis is only for non-publicly traded companies, typically.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I think dbg accounting was organized. Getting refunds and movememt involving station cash what few times I did anything were always smooth, versus in game issues are a crapshoot and usually a mess.

The key thing to krono is that they can collect the money for it and then wait to realize it as profit, which means if someone wants to do something like sell guns in syria and launder the cash there is almost nothing on earth more simple than an e subscription that isn't realized until used. It's why we joke about but aren't always 100% joking about dbg being money laundering for russian oligarchs. Yeah I may sound like a wackjob and no I don't have proof it happens, but eq is PERFECT for it if they wanted to.

As for gms being in on 3rd party sales, I think a simpler answer is easier. Gms dont personally care about rmt like they care about things like shutting zones down via mass pulls or aon clicks. The people doing it meanwhile play so much and get reported so much that on one hand they get to cultivate friendships and on another the gms are sick of the whining. Doesn't need to be a conspiracy here. Gms are dumb and dont care is more logical than gms who cant understand basic shit like a cleric epic or 8th ring reimbursement are somehow also embezzlers or rmt masterminds.

• 1Like

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
I mean, it's probably a lot easier than you guys are thinking:

- Add Krono to player account controlled by Daybreak employee
- Sell Krono on 3rd party website to gain profit
- You now have a way of tracking that krono you just added and made a 'sale' that can stay off the records and be too little income to be reported on taxes (ie; employee's cousin's paypal account)

You know who exactly is buying Krono, and they track players by VideoCard, Network Adapters, Hard Drives and make a hash out of each to track players, so you can flag them to be banned at any point across any accounts they own, causing them to make a new account and repeat the process of buying a subscription (or another krono) if they don't spend money on your products in <x> days. Or you now have another paying customer as a result if they do spend.

Though, honestly, their internal analytics are probably good enough to just query who has the most Krono and monitor where their Krono goes. And then since you technically broke the EULA (and they're not obligated to provide proof of your ban) they can just get rid of you as they please.

Workerbee

Molten Core Raider
The fact that chinkie farmers are protected by DPG was quite obvious when submitting videos of them warping to the raid boss didn't produce any result.
DPG doesn't even care if people cheat. Stand at any translocator/portNPC long enough with a log turned on and fish out all the people who say "everfrost" on more than one toon at the same time, it's pretty much command broadcasting. Report it and nothing happens.

Just unsure why they still maintain the illusion of rules being enforced. Just make a TLP where there's no rules at all. See Sullon Zek of old, where you could do whatever you wanted for 0 detrimental action from the game owners. None of this bullshit how input broadcasting is against the rules, so the goodie-two-shoes fair people have to pay to play while the evil-do-ers just farm the game to build themselves a wall of china.

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
Any reason Krono is falling so early before Luclin? It was 12-12.3 last week and last night it was 10.5-11k in the tunnel (being sold for that). I can see closer as people want to have money for mounts and such, but now makes no sense.

DickTrickle

Any reason Krono is falling so early before Luclin? It was 12-12.3 last week and last night it was 10.5-11k in the tunnel (being sold for that). I can see closer as people want to have money for mounts and such, but now makes no sense.
Because people are trying to beat the deflation.... Seems to happen earlier and earlier in each TLP before luclin.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
So I've been doing some TLP flipping. Bought pre-nerf CoS and fungi staff in Kunark on Aradune. When is a good time to cash them in? I figure Luclin/PoP is when I'm likely to get the best return on selling em. Thoughts?

Atabishi

Lord Nagafen Raider
The fact that chinkie farmers are protected by DPG was quite obvious when submitting videos of them warping to the raid boss didn't produce any result.
DPG doesn't even care if people cheat. Stand at any translocator/portNPC long enough with a log turned on and fish out all the people who say "everfrost" on more than one toon at the same time, it's pretty much command broadcasting. Report it and nothing happens.

Just unsure why they still maintain the illusion of rules being enforced. Just make a TLP where there's no rules at all. See Sullon Zek of old, where you could do whatever you wanted for 0 detrimental action from the game owners. None of this bullshit how input broadcasting is against the rules, so the goodie-two-shoes fair people have to pay to play while the evil-do-ers just farm the game to build themselves a wall of china.

My thoughts are that people just aren't petitioning correctly. You have to assume that any person looking at your petition or video knows absolutely nothing about the game, therefore doesn't even know what they are supposed to be looking at or the plethora of normal possibilities that could potentially be used to explain a false petition. What is obvious to you is not obvious to everyone. You know X person is breaking rules but you only know that for sure because you play on the server.

It's like the case of when people were using bind site on others and recording it and then petitioning them for warping. Bind site when you are not within a close proximity of the player it's being used on will always look like they are warping. People actually got banned over that and there was a lot of backlash as people sent in petitions explaining what was going on in those videos. They don't want to repeat those same mistakes.

I know that the majority of videos I've seen that people have posted of the 72 boxers, the automated bot farming groups, or someone training them etc, it's so easy for me to just play devil's advocate and look at the video objectively and say this video proves absolutely nothing to any person who doesn't play on that server and proves even less to someone who doesn't play the game.

If you want a successful petition against the people who are using active hacks or the 72 boxers, you have to narrate it. You have to narrate it as if you are trying to explain every single detail and what's going on to someone who doesn't play the game. Be very specific on every point. Only bring up things that don't have other possible explanations. If you start saying things that could have obvious arguable explanations it gives less credit to the things that don't.

• 1Like

DickTrickle

So I've been doing some TLP flipping. Bought pre-nerf CoS and fungi staff in Kunark on Aradune. When is a good time to cash them in? I figure Luclin/PoP is when I'm likely to get the best return on selling em. Thoughts?
Pop is good for fungi staffs because of cazic fight in time.

• 1Solidarity