Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

Atabishi

Lord Nagafen Raider
there are versions of motm for each expansion, each one is weaker than the last until it phases out completely. The classic and kunark one is by far the biggest since the 32k hp cap was in effect.

On phinny they gave cazic in velious revamp the motm 1 from classic and he had like 4m HP and hit way harder than AOW

Iirc that was a bug relating to hp regen that was only briefly in there. I think it was patched out 2 weeks or a month after Velious launch. It happened as a result of the buffs to MOTM they were doing in the weeks prior to Velious launch. On phinny in all of classic and most of kunark, AoE/spell dmg from MOTM mobs were not originally increased by MOTM, until late Kunark. So they were absurdly weak in comparison to the aoe's after the buffs.

Last edited:

Ikkan

Molten Core Raider
I don't know if anyone ever figured out an exact multiplier on the different MOTM tiers. They implemented it in such a weird way by not tying the HP increase to the MOTM buff itself but there seems to be some flag on every individual MOTM mob where if MOTM is active then they use a different HP table.
Gotcha. That makes sense.

Does anyone have available parses/HP on any of the raid content in Luclin? I'd be interested to see what it compares to live.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
MoTM has no impact on mob spell/ae damage output. PoTM is the aura mobs were given in April of 2016 that applies a negative resist mod and increases incoming spell damage to all PCs within the aura.

This came about 7 weeks into Kunark on Phinigel. Agnarr and all servers after got to experience the full MoTM/MoTOW/PoTM buff suite from launch.

Mob regen was originally broken when Phinigel hit Kunark in the sense that mobs basically had zero regen. The server first Trakanon there was brought to 50% by a raid of 51s, they wiped then recovered and re engaged him at 51% several minutes later.

They fixed the non functional regen in the March patch (about two weeks into Kunark on Phinigel) but this same fix over-corrected when applied to Velious which meant that when Ragefire unlocked Velious 5 days later they literally could not kill raid mobs because the regen was too fast.

PoTM Spell Data:

Kunark Regen Fix:

Velious Regen Fix:

Sterling

El Presidente
The best MotM story is Velious Cazic Thule having Classic MotM after a patch. Hardest velious fight!

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
When does Luclin drop on this? Today? Fuck might be a good time to finally roll a char. Should be quick levels to 60 in time for POP

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
When does Luclin drop on this? Today? Fuck might be a good time to finally roll a char. Should be quick levels to 60 in time for POP
5PM EST today yeah.

Beasts are amazing for leveling groups and there's gonna be a fuckton of them for the next couple weeks.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Fuck it, Rolled a Paladin (havent played a paladin since 2005 and getting someone to roll a healer class, Time to die Luclin and POP through LDON.

Name is same here as in game, if anyone wants to toss me some newbie gear I might do hand stuff in return.

• 1Like

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Drops tonight? Time to make my bst, if I can find enough time to level it.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I saw a bard called bobbybick in BB, was that you bobby?
pizza yes GIF

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Watching a pile of autists trying to crash the server at the Fay Scion is great. I, up to level 7 and will stay down here till tomorrow

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Thank Fironia for the bazaar. Before Aradune I had this Rose tinted EC run nostalgia. Reality smashed it.

• 1Worf

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider
So I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but some of the vendors in freeport are using ugly lowres textures. Not all of them, but a lot, and it's noticeable. Did someone fuck something up and disable high res textures on some modles? Cuz I was watching Zaide's stream of him in kerra isle, and the gorrilas had really low res textures. How do you constantly fuck up the original game?

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
So I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but some of the vendors in freeport are using ugly lowres textures. Not all of them, but a lot, and it's noticeable. Did someone fuck something up and disable high res textures on some modles? Cuz I was watching Zaide's stream of him in kerra isle, and the gorrilas had really low res textures. How do you constantly fuck up the original game?

I see that a lot on Phinny, esp with wolves/bears. Then other times they'll look normal. I don't know if it's because they're different models or the game doesn't load right sometimes or what.

Sorta tempted to get on and fool around in Luclin with my enc, did Deep AOE groups really get banned?

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
I see that a lot on Phinny, esp with wolves/bears. Then other times they'll look normal. I don't know if it's because they're different models or the game doesn't load right sometimes or what.

EQ has this primitive form of LOD'ing that doesn't work correctly. On modern hardware it actually hurts to have it on.

Other times you'll see outright wrong textures loaded depending on the zone you're in. If a bitmap shares the same name as another bitmap, the texture it caches can either get corrupted or merged, or applied to the incorrect model. For example, South Ro on Classless 3.0 was having this same issue with a zone asset in "sro.s3d" sharing the same file name as a texture in one of the eqg archives. It resulted in some funky looking terrain with some NPC texture being stretched on the dunes.

unknown.png

• 1Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users

Zaide

TLP Idealist
EQ has this primitive form of LOD'ing that doesn't work correctly. On modern hardware it actually hurts to have it on.

Other times you'll see outright wrong textures loaded depending on the zone you're in. If a bitmap shares the same name as another bitmap, the texture it caches can either get corrupted or merged, or applied to the incorrect model. For example, South Ro on Classless 3.0 was having this same issue with a zone asset in "sro.s3d" sharing the same file name as a texture in one of the eqg archives. It resulted in some funky looking terrain with some NPC texture being stretched on the dunes.

unknown.png
Does this mean I can rename some of my s3d files and then bypass the launcher to generate hilarious effects?

• 1Like

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Does this mean I can rename some of my s3d files and then bypass the launcher to generate hilarious effects?

Yeah, I mean strictly speaking you can edit them too. One of the funniest things that happened on P99 was someone editing Nizzar's face into an ogre model and uploading it on a torrent site as "EverQuest Titanium" - Rogean asked why this download has some modified files in it as it was getting flagged by their detection, I laughed when I found out why it was.

Gotta find it, it was called DukeVision.

edit: found it.

m9ecwUh.png

uhi1bj3.jpg

Last edited:
  • 6Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 6 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Took the run from Faydark to common lands today to mess around in south Ro/oasis and Befallen. Only up to 12 on a duo but man it’s fun playing in a pre pop word that isn’t prekunark. I always would burn out on TLPs before finishing the first planes.

gonna see if I can make it to 60 with just duoing.

• 1Like