Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
- The Coldain Ring War - Churn the Axeman, Kargin the Archer, Corbin Blackwell, Dobbin Crossaxe, and Garadain Glacierbane will now only give their rewards once at the end of the event.

In classic EQ style, risk/reward for an event has gone from a little too good to not worth doing.

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
In classic EQ style, risk/reward for an event has gone from a little too good to not worth doing.
I’m interested if they really fixed it. With the devs clearly having no idea how the game works most of the time. I mean the people always just gave 1 item, the guys just respawn.

Los_Necros

Trakanon Raider
I assume they coded it so they npc becomes useless after receiving 1 head turned in. Either by despawning them or making the head have a different tag that makes that npc no longer accept it. Which prob is more difficult than having them each despawn or something.

The way I understood the trick... it was about turning in the head to the same person as fast as possible. Before he despawned. I don't remember hearing about the npcs depopping and repopping each time you turned the head in. But we also didn't cheese this event on phinny. We actually did the stupid event to get 1 person their stupid ring and 1 of each stupid item. And it sucked. Definitely lol. But it's still not as bad as willingly raiding and spending dkp in classic and kunark.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
I assume they coded it so they npc becomes useless after receiving 1 head turned in. Either by despawning them or making the head have a different tag that makes that npc no longer accept it. Which prob is more difficult than having them each despawn or something.

The way I understood the trick... it was about turning in the head to the same person as fast as possible. Before he despawned. I don't remember hearing about the npcs depopping and repopping each time you turned the head in. But we also didn't cheese this event on phinny. We actually did the stupid event to get 1 person their stupid ring and 1 of each stupid item. And it sucked. Definitely lol. But it's still not as bad as willingly raiding and spending dkp in classic and kunark.
No thats not how the "trick" works. Guy respawns after every turnin.
Little more to it, but thats the gist of it.

• 1Like

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
Guess people will find out if/when they do another ring war. I offloaded a choker not long ago, probably should have hung onto it oh well, holding my other existing items until later.

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider
i think they only changed the ones that were being used as aggro generators. Would be too much moaning if they changed certain ones that have no aggro use. But 1 sec recast isn't that long.

Last edited:

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
3250285.jpg

This name isn't gonna last long lol

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 4 users

gugabuba

Golden Knight of the Realm
I really liked Kedge if you can deal with swimming around. ZEM is very good and I thought it was solid xp to 43 or so. You could also double charm there, which I assume you're after with that combo. At 43ish you could move to Chardok entrance to similarly double charm.

ismaris

Silver Knight of the Realm
I really liked Kedge if you can deal with swimming around. ZEM is very good and I thought it was solid xp to 43 or so. You could also double charm there, which I assume you're after with that combo. At 43ish you could move to Chardok entrance to similarly double charm.
Absolutely love kedge. Was planning to hit it up in 40s. Did charm there on my druid to get through to 60 (seahorse charming).

gugabuba

Golden Knight of the Realm
I was mostly thinking about the fish/sharks/mermaids. The horses can keep you busy for awhile but the corrupt can be annoying and there are probably better options in that level range.

Ikkan

Molten Core Raider
With Luclin dropping tomorrow I had a question on MOTM mobs - I know that the HP on raid bosses with MOTM are upped from their original values, but is there a specific formula for this? I know that Naggy/Vox in classic went from 32k -> ~100k(that's what I parse now in Velious anyway), and AoW went from ~1M -> 1.6-1.7m depending on DPS. How are these values achieved? I'm just curious about the HP bonus to expect from MOTM mobs in Luclin.

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
With Luclin dropping tomorrow I had a question on MOTM mobs - I know that the HP on raid bosses with MOTM are upped from their original values, but is there a specific formula for this? I know that Naggy/Vox in classic went from 32k -> ~100k(that's what I parse now in Velious anyway), and AoW went from ~1M -> 1.6-1.7m depending on DPS. How are these values achieved? I'm just curious about the HP bonus to expect from MOTM mobs in Luclin.
I don't know if anyone ever figured out an exact multiplier on the different MOTM tiers. They implemented it in such a weird way by not tying the HP increase to the MOTM buff itself but there seems to be some flag on every individual MOTM mob where if MOTM is active then they use a different HP table.

• 1Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Plus different mobs have different regen and AC values so even in the fastest parse it's hard to really get a clear picture of what the base hit points are. Just know that VT is going to be a boring slog.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
there are versions of motm for each expansion, each one is weaker than the last until it phases out completely. The classic and kunark one is by far the biggest since the 32k hp cap was in effect.

On phinny they gave cazic in velious revamp the motm 1 from classic and he had like 4m HP and hit way harder than AOW

Last edited:

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I don't know if anyone ever figured out an exact multiplier on the different MOTM tiers. They implemented it in such a weird way by not tying the HP increase to the MOTM buff itself but there seems to be some flag on every individual MOTM mob where if MOTM is active then they use a different HP table.
For instance Sister of the Spire has MoTM in classic but still only has 32,000 hp.