Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
My wild guess theory as to what happened with the models:

Early on when the beta models were put in I'm guessing the sports side of the company contributed, as the run anims and stuff look borrowed from there. Whoever did the originals did alot with such a limited poly budget, and probably didn't have much direction, just pulling stuff off of goog images or something.

For luclin I'm guessing they dedicated real character artists to it and gave them concept art to work from. If you look at EQ concepts, they look way more like the luclin models.

For anims I don't really know what happened. The early versions look like quality sports team stuff. Some are shared but many have their own style. Trolls have that leaned over naruto run. Ogres have that super tard belly jog etc.

One of the experiments I wanted to try was retargeting the old animations on the luclin models just to see how they look. I never got the file formats full reverse engineered though.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Man if Innate Eminence added Heroic stats they would be one of the best early AA purchases for nearly all classes. That's such a small but MASSIVE change I feel like we should champion it.

Looks like someone already posted about this in the Veteran's Lounge so I necro'd the thread. EDIT: They moved my post to its own thread for some reason, so now there are two threads with the same name in Veteran's Lounge. Well, here's mine:

If we can get some Likes on my post maybe the devs will consider it.

The jist of it is: Keep Luclin ranks the same (since +2 to stats is actually beneficial there), add a stat cap raise to the ten ranks in PoP, and add +2 Heroic stats to the 20 completely useless ranks added later. That's probably the best way to change things without unbalancing anything.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't really mind running into stat caps here and there, you max something and find a new path of advancement. Having to put some thought into your gearing isn't bad game design for RPG players. When WoW changed its stats to where abilities and hitpoints were really just percentages that scaled directly according to some design curve (if more people start attacking a boss, he now has more hp), it changed my perception from "play the game to advance your character" to "stats are meaningless and you will take exactly as long to fight this as we want you to" and it killed my interest in the game completely.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

your_mum

Trakanon Raider
32,768 is the biggest number you can store in a signed 16-bit integer. Not sure what made them go for 16 bits there, that seems pretty stingy even for 1999.
nothing worse than the boomers i work with in c# creating integers as int16 for order numbers (that went over 32k in 2 years) or uint16 for return codes on webservices that clearly document -1 return codes. fuken think they're smart and i have to beg them to just use int - its fuken 2021 and our 8gb app server uses 1.5gb total - including the os

BigDirty

Security Director of Crisis and Weather Management
<Bronze Donator>
So i have been thinking of coming back to aradune , I had a 50 mage i stopped playing during classic. is it worth coming back as a solo player? are there any dad guilds out there who raid like 1-2x a week, or does foh have a presence ? , im just looking for a group to grind aa`s and stuff with

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
So i have been thinking of coming back to aradune , I had a 50 mage i stopped playing during classic. is it worth coming back as a solo player? are there any dad guilds out there who raid like 1-2x a week, or does foh have a presence ? , im just looking for a group to grind aa`s and stuff with

That's EQ Baby probably has the most FOH presence. That would be the most high-activity guild on there I think. They might raid a lot more than 1-2x a week but I think it's okay to just raid when you can. Can't speak for any other guilds cause that's the only one I played with on Aradune before and it's well-run.

BigDirty

Security Director of Crisis and Weather Management
<Bronze Donator>
also does anyone know a good "all in one" ui , with pre setup layouts , i forgot how much i hate setting up the UI in the game to be useable

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
also does anyone know a good "all in one" ui , with pre setup layouts , i forgot how much i hate setting up the UI in the game to be useable
What's wrong with the original UI? Works great, and other than a few chat windows, and filters, it's easy to setup!

Foaming

Lord Nagafen Raider
I use the default UI. Its fine. I also use MQ2 and that doesn't work too well with modified Uis ;)

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I use the default UI too. The only bad thing about it is getting mocked for using the default UI every time I post a screenshot anywhere.

I'd really like a fancier target ring, though, maybe one that rotates (if that exists)

Crone

Alt-itis is setting in really bad. I'm pretty set on what my main is and am having fun shooting my Bow at things as a Ranger. The problem is what to go with it that provides maximum laziness but also mobility due to bat phones. Lol

Have now Shaman, Enchanter, Cleric, and now a Bard. Been rolling with Shaman because slow is so OP. Turns mobs into wet noodles that I tank on Shaman, while Ranger shoots arrows. Has worked out pretty well.

Does anyone have any good boxing hotkeys that I may not even thought of? I have the follow macro to target your Main, I've put cloudy potions and innate camo in the same hotkey so it's easy to get everyone invis'ed. Anything else?

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Alt-itis is setting in really bad. I'm pretty set on what my main is and am having fun shooting my Bow at things as a Ranger. The problem is what to go with it that provides maximum laziness but also mobility due to bat phones. Lol

Have now Shaman, Enchanter, Cleric, and now a Bard. Been rolling with Shaman because slow is so OP. Turns mobs into wet noodles that I tank on Shaman, while Ranger shoots arrows. Has worked out pretty well.

Does anyone have any good boxing hotkeys that I may not even thought of? I have the follow macro to target your Main, I've put cloudy potions and innate camo in the same hotkey so it's easy to get everyone invis'ed. Anything else?
I never box without stick hot keys, loot hot keys, sit hot keys (to med), and accept group/raid hot keys. But then again I usually am playing on servers that allow full group boxing or more.

Crone

I never box without stick hot keys, loot hot keys, sit hot keys (to med), and accept group/raid hot keys. But then again I usually am playing on servers that allow full group boxing or more.
And allow MQ2. :) /stick versus /follow. Cool thing I remember about /stick is that it remembers where your character goes and follows the same path, versus just always running a beeline for your character. So going around corners, etc is really easy with it.

• 1Like

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
?

The 20 ranks of IE that I propose adding heroics to are in EOK, a level 105 expansion.

PoP: 10 ranks, 7 AAs per rank - Change these ranks to also increase the stat cap by 2 every rank, for a total of +20 to all stats and stat caps. This makes it sort of an alternate Planar Power, different but similar.

Increasing the cap of stats does effectively nothing for casters. For Melee it gives them extra ATK from the strength. The dex also gives Rangers extra crit chance and ranged atk.

Evernothing

Check your DM. I sent you info about a guild & an all-in-one UI with layout.

• 1Like

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
So there are new TLPs coming? Might hop on one if they make the exp nice and at least two boxing.