Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
Tellmemore.gif

Nec or dru handing it off to the enc is particularly interesting. I'm not familiar with dru at all, but are you talking about necro using Augment/Intensify on a charm pet? I thought that only worked on skeleton pets, not charm pets.

One of the things I like about EQ is how many crazy nuances it has. When I find a useless ability (like the DoTs Berserkers get) my first thought isn't that it's useless...it's "what am I missing here that would make this super-useful"

It works on Charm pets. Druids also have special haste specifically for charm pets that's much better then enchanter haste. If you wanna see some real fucked up OP shit mages can Frenzied Burnout Charm pets, it doubles their Dmg and brings them to 125% haste.

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
Still usually falls into the 'why bother' territory as in a good charm group, access to mobs is a bigger throttle on XP than pet dps.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Is there any guild leader from a major TLP guild that isnt hated though? lol. Dima might be the only one.

Dima is a cool guy, and deserves credit for basically holding the Phinigel server together all the way to live (not sure if he realizes it, but he did). Guy did a lot to cultivate and sustain other guilds along the way, with the server population in mind.

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Will be interesting to see how many stick around on Aradune. Mangler still has a strong population and was even posting higher population numbers when TSS released last week.

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
What's the absolute laziest class to play that groups well? Cleric?
Mage. If they do nothing but send in their pet on every mob they are already providing as much/more dps than the melee and groups know they bring the heat.

You can setup a single button to assist, send int he pet, and nuke after 10s then sit down again and press that for hours.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
Mage or Wizard
Wait...

thorim.jpg

I would like a second opinion.

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
Mages can be like 90% effective with hitting a single Macro+ sit. /stand pause 5 /assist /send pet pause XX /cast Nuke.
Wizards can just dump their mana bar and AFK for 5 mins while "medding" in a lot the early expansions.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Mages can be like 90% effective with hitting a single Macro+ sit. /stand pause 5 /assist /send pet pause XX /cast Nuke.
Wizards can just dump their mana bar and AFK for 5 mins while "medding" in a lot the early expansions.

I don't think you even need the /stand part.

/assist main
/pet attack
/cast 1 (or whatever)
/pause 50 (or whatever)
/sit

May need a pause before the cast to account for aggro, but otherwise should work. Will stand automatically on the cast. Could probably string two nukes into this hotkey if aggro isn't an issue (or with a large enough pause beforehand). Then you're literally pressing one key per fight. Just need to press it right away in fights so you don't lose pet DPS.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
This is why you /stand first. Pet attacking before standing will get you hit a lot in the early expansions/levels.

You're right, I'm used to playing in later expansions where aggro doesn't transfer the same way and tanks generate a LOT of it.

• 1Like

Utanix

N00b
Calling bullshit.

Zaide's more liked in TEB's discord than you ever were

I can confirm this.

When I was around, I was literally told the first day that the majority of the guild thinks Atabishi was a fucking joke, and to just look past it. I like to form my own opinions though. Confirmed shortly after.

I don't really care what he does in game as I haven't played in awhile, but the less of the guy around here the better.

Los_Necros

Trakanon Raider
I actually disagree here. If you want lazy, do not play a mage.

The problem with any pet class, is that it's easy to tell when the person isn't there. You have a... 3 second window to send your pet on a mob before it's clear you are not paying attention. The mob dies in 10 seconds so you don't really want to be sending your pet in at 50-60% each fight because you're not paying attention.

You want a class that doesn't HAVE to do something every single fight. But, one where you can just toss a nuke out or heal because paying attention to HP bars is pretty easy but it's also pretty important.

Totally lazy would be wizard. Followed behind wizard, maybe a druid because no one really asks a druid what they are doing with all their mana. You have lots of ways to spend it and no one questions what you're doing. Just keep them buffed and toss a heal out every so often.

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Bards can get away with doing almost nothing even through the class has a substantial ceiling.

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
I actually disagree here. If you want lazy, do not play a mage.

The problem with any pet class, is that it's easy to tell when the person isn't there. You have a... 3 second window to send your pet on a mob before it's clear you are not paying attention. The mob dies in 10 seconds so you don't really want to be sending your pet in at 50-60% each fight because you're not paying attention.

You want a class that doesn't HAVE to do something every single fight. But, one where you can just toss a nuke out or heal because paying attention to HP bars is pretty easy but it's also pretty important.

Totally lazy would be wizard. Followed behind wizard, maybe a druid because no one really asks a druid what they are doing with all their mana. You have lots of ways to spend it and no one questions what you're doing. Just keep them buffed and toss a heal out every so often.
That applies to most classes, hitting 1 button every mob is low effort. the druid you describe is pure dogshit. wizard can be low effort but isn't as strong as a mage in the early group game. and if you're going minimum effort waterbirding a macro then mage is still better than anything else since wizards and everything else will still be nuking super inefficiently as well.

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
Be warned that as a bard you'll often be invited in to pull or as cc, which is the opposite of lazy.

By 'groups well', do you mean 'can easily find a group'? I don't know that people are clamoring over finding a dru/wiz for their group, but at least you're not a rogue.