Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Be warned that as a bard you'll often be invited in to pull or as cc, which is the opposite of lazy.

By 'groups well', do you mean 'can easily find a group'? I don't know that people are clamoring over finding a dru/wiz for their group, but at least you're not a rogue.

Another way I would put it is you can be incredibly shitty as a Bard and still not get ejected. As long as you're not actively taking a fucking hammer to the furniture people will probably put up with you.

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
Be warned that as a bard you'll often be invited in to pull or as cc, which is the opposite of lazy.

By 'groups well', do you mean 'can easily find a group'? I don't know that people are clamoring over finding a dru/wiz for their group, but at least you're not a rogue.
Yes, easy to find groups but doesn't have to pull or cc shit. Are druids actually ever wanted tho or they just a poor groups cleric? I'm still leaning towards shaman, which I thought kinda fit the bill but was curious.

Los_Necros

Trakanon Raider
I was focused more on the lazy aspect. Being forced to send my pet on every single mob is not what I have in mind for lazy.

Lazy is like... the dude is sitting back watching TV and doesn't really want to be bothered to attack every single mob in the group. You could do more as a mage than a healer in some groups with how fast mobs die lol.

If the dude is going to actually be paying attention to send his pet when the mob actually gets into camp... then I totally agree.

Vindicator

Bronze Squire
Bard for sure if you can get away with not pulling or doing any crowd control. I've had bards in my group before that we just left, even though they were clearly AFK for extended periods, because they were at least playing the songs we wanted.

Los_Necros

Trakanon Raider
I'd get behind bard if you talked your group into letting you not do anything.

I think convincing your group might be the hardest part though.

You gotta come up with a feels bad story when people ask you to pull. Something besides you're lazy.

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
I had a Grieg's group with an AFK bard that claimed to have Cerebral Palsy to explain why he never hit anything and just sat there playing songs.

Pretty sure it was just someones box they wanted to get free levels on.

• 2Worf
  • 1Galaxy Brain
Reactions: 2 users

Rogean

Trakanon Raider
Would just like to note for everyone, Lucy/Alla is generally inaccurate when it comes to anything formula based (So anything that says "xx (L41) to xx (L61)".

For example, Lucy says that Savage Spirit is 90% Haste. It's really 70% (Still better than enchanter, but not by a huge amount).

If you want to check accurate spell formulas, use Raidloot Spell Search

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
How has no one mentioned Monk as the lazy mans class? If you dont have to pull you literally just hit autoattack and go afk and top the parse.

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
How has no one mentioned Monk as the lazy mans class? If you dont have to pull you literally just hit autoattack and go afk and top the parse.
Monk was what I played originally and I can't recall ever not pulling. I tried it again on Aradune and was no different. Maybe lack of bards?

Los_Necros

Trakanon Raider
monk has to actually get close enough to the mob and attack. if the monk could just auto follow another melee and set a autoclick hotkey on monk to assist + kick/punch, then you could do nothing the whole time. but it would require someone to position you for each mob.

Los_Necros

Trakanon Raider
on raids yes the auto attack and afk part works. and you usually have lots of monks so you don't have to pull if you suck at it or pretend to suck. they won't ask you to pull on raids.

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
Totally lazy would be wizard. Followed behind wizard, maybe a druid because no one really asks a druid what they are doing with all their mana. You have lots of ways to spend it and no one questions what you're doing. Just keep them buffed and toss a heal out every so often.

This is soo true. You see a druid at half mana and you figure he healed or dotted or something. You look in the logs and he was just summoning stuff to get his skill up.

• 4Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This is soo true. You see a druid at half mana and you figure he healed or dotted or something. You look in the logs and he was just summoning stuff to get his skill up.
Be a shaman, buff 1 person and go OOM. AFK 20 mins while you med. Repeat lol

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sterling

El Presidente
He specifically asked what the easiest class was to play well. You dudes are suggesting ways to scam a group into thinking you're actually doing something. Those aren't really the same thing. If hitting 1 button per mob is too much, not sure what to tell you.

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
He specifically asked what the easiest class was to play well. You dudes are suggesting ways to scam a group into thinking you're actually doing something. Those aren't really the same thing. If hitting 1 button per mob is too much, not sure what to tell you.
I just want something that contributes but I don't need to be a 13year old spaz to play well. I don't want to get carried, I just want to be able to smoke a joint or two while I play.

This is why I think I may end up with a necro. I am going to miss FD too much.

Sterling

El Presidente
I just want something that contributes but I don't need to be a 13year old spaz to play well. I don't want to get carried, I just want to be able to smoke a joint or two while I play.

This is why I think I may end up with a necro. I am going to miss FD too much.
Necro can be a pseudo mage, but if you're really wanting to be a good necro it's pretty high effort since you'll be charming, CCing etc.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user