Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
I feel like this quote needs to be a meme now.

View attachment 355373
cover2-1_271.jpg

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Sieger

Trakanon Raider
It's a new MQ that will get hyped a lot to the press and then end up not actually being finished.
I mean it already works right now. It implements most plugins that Redguides VV ships with already, and most plugin authors are converting over as we speak. The base scripting stuff all works out of the box too.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Man as much as I wanna spam people with funny shit every time they ask for a new modrod using a MQ script, I dunno if it would be worth chancing it since they have a dev team that seems like they are interested in "fixing" things or attempting to fix things.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Los_Necros

Trakanon Raider
yah should be quite interesting. Not sure how I would feel about using a program that the new EQ company can get their hands on without blinking an eye.

I imagine the only reason people have been getting away using MQ2 on recent TLPs is because the versions they are using aren't public.

I would be worried using a new mq2 that anyone and their mother can download and use.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Old MQ2 is open source if you use the test or beta server version.

Last I heard they (daybreak / DPG) had a running agreement with MQ and redguides to not release any botting software for TLP that specifically banned their usage. I wonder if this agreement is still in effect with the change of management / "vision".

Los_Necros

Trakanon Raider
the reason this all is going on is because the people who were running MQ2 on the last 4+ TLPs were not running it with permission from redguides obviously. There was a fight and whatever his name is put something in MQ2 to send in game emails to GMs to tattletale on the TLP people cause he assumed they were stealing his MQ2 (supposedly was meant for only TLPs to send these mails) - but some bug made it send the in-game mail of "i am currently AFK botting in zone XXXX" from people who were playing on regular servers lol.

This obviously pissed off a lot of MQ2 users...

your_mum

Trakanon Raider
redguide's mq2 has been usable on every TLP (besides like a 1 year period around 2016 when eqmule went private before requiring to use his builder or mq2ic private module)... there's not going to be anymore mq2 users than there normally is.

mqnext was created for a number of reasons, but 1 is to not require eqmule's private module (the one that apparently told on people). You have to compile it yourself or edit the source circumvent the auth check to share with friends - so at least there is a little bit of a blockage from normal retards.

mqnext being open source doesnt change anything in terms of DPG being able to detect it (mq2 is still open source - it just only provides the test server's offsets openly)

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I mean it already works right now. It implements most plugins that Redguides VV ships with already, and most plugin authors are converting over as we speak. The base scripting stuff all works out of the box too.

Yeah, I was making an EQNext joke.

I feel like I'm the only person who doesn't use MQ these days. Puts me at a disadvantage, that's for sure. Half the people I group with seem to be running it, wonder if you can get banned by association / proximity?

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
the reason this all is going on is because the people who were running MQ2 on the last 4+ TLPs were not running it with permission from redguides obviously. There was a fight and whatever his name is put something in MQ2 to send in game emails to GMs to tattletale on the TLP people cause he assumed they were stealing his MQ2 (supposedly was meant for only TLPs to send these mails) - but some bug made it send the in-game mail of "i am currently AFK botting in zone XXXX" from people who were playing on regular servers lol.

This obviously pissed off a lot of MQ2 users...

That sounds like something LAX would do, but I'm not aware that he's involved with MQ2.

I thought EQmule was pretty chill but that was like 20 years ago so, times change possibly.

Yeah, I was making an EQNext joke.

I feel like I'm the only person who doesn't use MQ these days. Puts me at a disadvantage, that's for sure. Half the people I group with seem to be running it, wonder if you can get banned by association / proximity?

IIRC no you can't get banned by proxy, BUT you better be there for all the AFK checks if someone in your group is running it and a GM comes to do a wellness check.

Honestly I had more fun with MQ2 for the sake of adding more functionality (beyond directly cheating) to the game. Like I said above, back in the day I would run a super SUPER simple modrod message. Checks for person, whispers custom message for mod rod based on target. Makes it so I can have a personalized message for people. Under the rules, 100% banable.

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
Yeah there was some nice functionality that wasn't super cheaty.

You can still take advantage of people using MQ2/SEQ easy enough. For example, I would wait in sonh until I saw everyone running the same direction then outclick them on the medallion. :D

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Foaming

Lord Nagafen Raider
I love MQ2 for the QoL features more than anything. The automation is nice, but it isn't what sold me on MQ2. Things like maps, distance checks, actual exp outputs, debuff counts, broadcasted commands like left door click, ect is what keeps me on Rizlona.

Cyrr

Trakanon Raider
That sounds like something LAX would do, but I'm not aware that he's involved with MQ2.

I thought EQmule was pretty chill but that was like 20 years ago so, times change possibly.

IIRC no you can't get banned by proxy, BUT you better be there for all the AFK checks if someone in your group is running it and a GM comes to do a wellness check.

Honestly I had more fun with MQ2 for the sake of adding more functionality (beyond directly cheating) to the game. Like I said above, back in the day I would run a super SUPER simple modrod message. Checks for person, whispers custom message for mod rod based on target. Makes it so I can have a personalized message for people. Under the rules, 100% banable.

I would be very surprised if Lax still does any work on it, he keeps any discussions or questions asked about it off his discords (Lavish Software & Isboxer).

From everything i've seen it's just been Eqmule keeping stuff like mq2ic closed source while refusing to show anyone. So you've got people on other sites cracking / reverse engineering it so they can use it on TLPs and such. Then you've got this group of Devs / Creators on Redguides who are working on MQNext to make it more secure against Daybreak, but for the community, instead of trying to play both sides with stuff like mq2ic.

unknown.png

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I love MQ2 for the QoL features more than anything. The automation is nice, but it isn't what sold me on MQ2. Things like maps, distance checks, actual exp outputs, debuff counts, broadcasted commands like left door click, ect is what keeps me on Rizlona.
I remember /stick being so amazing and thinking why /follow was so terrible. I assume /stick will still remember the actual path the character took and follow it to a T so going around corners, etc is still easy?

Cyrr

Trakanon Raider
I remember /stick being so amazing and thinking why /follow was so terrible. I assume /stick will still remember the actual path the character took and follow it to a T so going around corners, etc is still easy?
1622041400418.png

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
Prob the biggest one I noticed missing was /face.

/stick always felt a little too much like automated gameplay, but /face should just be baseline in the client.