Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, the reward to time ratio is really skewed and that's the biggest problem. You could easily spend two hours doing LDoN raids and get only a handful of useful augs. Compare that to two hours of a PoTime clear... a world of difference.

I mean we already clear PoTime tuesdays and then thursdays we clear elementals. I'm wondering if we would drop elementals for LDoN.

From the look of the augs though, aren't they better than whats available at the elemental tier?

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Well, there's no augs available before LDoN, so yes :p

I would expect your guild to drop elementals for LDoN. While the reward to time ratio sucks, there's also augs that last for many, many expansions. Definitely augs in there that will outlast anything you get in Time (minus shit like Time's Antithesis).

Xevy

Log Wizard
I think our guild still did Earth A and Fire for the molds. I don't remember if we still did Water which we got down to like 25 minutes total, because it's just an annoying zone for melee. I honestly don't remember though. We were probably on at 3 day raid week at the time that was probably Water/Earth A (rotated with Fire iirc) into Time. Then LDoN's for the other two nights but we only did like 1 Mistmoore, 1 Perma, 2 Rujark, 2 Takish, and 2 Guk raids.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Foaming

Lord Nagafen Raider
LDoN honestly needs a reward boost. Each chest should drop 3 items (going from 6 to 9 total items) and the raids should at minimum count towards the charm aug progression and hopefully at a greater than 1 to 1 ratio.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
He did the same on the forums... his signature is still a Rampage GIF....

Gif is way out dated, but still gives me a chuckle every time I see it.

Never done the LDoN raids, so would like to do them at least once just to tick them off the list or whatever, I hear people claim that certain augs last for many years, not sure which ones those are but apparently a couple are one off types that are never seen again.

Last edited:

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Gif is way out dated, but still gives me a chuckle every time I see it.

Never done the LDoN raids, so would like to do them at least once just to tick them off the list or whatever, I hear people claim that certain augs last for many years, not sure which ones those are but apparently a couple are one off types that are never seen again.

LDON raids have tank AC augs that are BIS for a very long time. Also, +% spell mod augs like +10% Evocation etc that are good well past their expiration dates. I think the AC augs might last the longest though. They don't get replaced until like...some point much later, IIRC. I don't know because I never played a tank past PoP. Type 3 aug slots start getting use again in SoF+ which means a lot of LDON's better augs go back to being super-useful in that timeframe. There's also the +8% dodge type 3 aug that ends up being super-useful for a long time.

Another thing LDON has, but with group currency rather than raid, is the Black Diamond of Crippling. Damage aug for Type 5 slots (LDON weapons). Thing is, Type 5 slots make a comeback later on in the game. Expansions at level 105 onward have Type 5 slots in all the weapons, so the BDC makes a big comeback as a free extra damage aug on top of your other damage augs. Every Zerker/Monk should have one of these slotted into their two-hander for like the last six expansions of the game.

DickTrickle

Still using two of my ldon AC Augs in TSS. Would be three if not for type issues with cultural.

+ Dodge % is incredibly overrated. You can run a parse for hours and not see any difference.

Last edited:

Sterling

El Presidente
LDON raids have tank AC augs that are BIS for a very long time. Also, +% spell mod augs like +10% Evocation etc that are good well past their expiration dates. I think the AC augs might last the longest though. They don't get replaced until like...some point much later, IIRC. I don't know because I never played a tank past PoP. Type 3 aug slots start getting use again in SoF+ which means a lot of LDON's better augs go back to being super-useful in that timeframe. There's also the +8% dodge type 3 aug that ends up being super-useful for a long time.

Another thing LDON has, but with group currency rather than raid, is the Black Diamond of Crippling. Damage aug for Type 5 slots (LDON weapons). Thing is, Type 5 slots make a comeback later on in the game. Expansions at level 105 onward have Type 5 slots in all the weapons, so the BDC makes a big comeback as a free extra damage aug on top of your other damage augs. Every Zerker/Monk should have one of these slotted into their two-hander for like the last six expansions of the game.
It's the speciailization augs not straight spell skill augs.

Vise

Molten Core Raider
Tbh they should just put all the loot on a raid vendor and add points to the raids. they had the idea for the group content, I dont get why they didn't use it for the raids too.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Tbh they should just put all the loot on a raid vendor and add points to the raids. they had the idea for the group content, I dont get why they didn't use it for the raids too.

They did that once upon a time and it was actually pretty awesome. Does anyone remember what expansion that was? There were exploits at first and I remember getting the raid gear despite only being a small group of 5. It had to do with going back and killing Vox and Naggy and other stuff. You got monster points? And spent them in PoK.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
TBS maybe?

The visible armour is on a vendor, and you use Phosphenes as the currency.

edit - I saw the Vox/Naggy comment after I posted.

Last edited:

Coka

Golden Squire
TEB is running better than ever. Still overfilling raids on batphones and still splitting all content the same amount of splits we were doing before.

Better than ever. 24 mains and 22 mains for your Quarm splits? Nice. But only 2 splits? Damn.

1623770732727.png

Overfilling those batphone raids? Pretty sure Rampage has been taking a lot of those OW kills uncontested. Shame you can't summon a zerg army anymore to contest them isn't it? Look at that pitiful roster. All the Faceless and RI people missing really do stand out like a sore thumb.

Looks like Altered Minds will take over sooner than expected.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sieger

Trakanon Raider
I haven't followed Aradune lately but there's little reason for most top guilds to be farming OW shit after a couple months in PoP. The last two guilds I've taken through PoP the value of the Ele God loot drops really fast due to just the sheer amount of loot that falls out of PoTime, and while there's a few specific Ele God items that are BiS, you cover most of your need for those with DZ.

DickTrickle

Yeah, on Mangler the OW guild definitely stopped caring about it before they were done with Time. Eventually it was just going to the bot armies because no one cared to mobilize. All you'd care about is the Gods eventually and that's a lot of effort for a small amount of reward (sometimes nothing useful).

Coka

Golden Squire
I haven't followed Aradune lately but there's little reason for most top guilds to be farming OW shit after a couple months in PoP. The last two guilds I've taken through PoP the value of the Ele God loot drops really fast due to just the sheer amount of loot that falls out of PoTime, and while there's a few specific Ele God items that are BiS, you cover most of your need for those with DZ.
Yeah, on Mangler the OW guild definitely stopped caring about it before they were done with Time. Eventually it was just going to the bot armies because no one cared to mobilize. All you'd care about is the Gods eventually and that's a lot of effort for a small amount of reward (sometimes nothing useful).

.....but if they didn't care why would they break roots on Coirnav and train on mobs on Fennin Ro?

If you don't care, don't show up? That's what most people do.

DickTrickle

I mean, you'll always have a core of people who give a shit. I don't know the situation on Aradune, but on Mangler people would get contest DKP bonus for anything, so a lot of times they'd come and fuck about even if they knew they wouldn't win because they'd get the DKP (like when a raid would try an OW kill before/after their scheduled raid so they'd have numbers).

Foaming

Lord Nagafen Raider
Meanwhile on Rizlona we're doing better than ever! Also, still no drama.

Also (!) no one has claimed to beat up 3 navy seals at the same time on Rizlona.

• 2Like
  • 1Barf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Atabishi

Lord Nagafen Raider
Better than ever. 24 mains and 22 mains for your Quarm splits? Nice. But only 2 splits? Damn.

View attachment 358372

Overfilling those batphone raids? Pretty sure Rampage has been taking a lot of those OW kills uncontested. Shame you can't summon a zerg army anymore to contest them isn't it? Look at that pitiful roster. All the Faceless and RI people missing really do stand out like a sore thumb.

Looks like Altered Minds will take over sooner than expected.

Do you know how to count or read? Where you getting 24 and 22 from? hahahaha pathetic enough to post SS of our discord and can't even read it properly.
PoP is 5 months long, and the ele loot doesn't matter that much. I've been telling TEB since like velious that we'd most likely only batphone for the first 2 months of pop and it would be super light batphones. No one has ever cared about OW in PoP, it's the least relevant OW expansion long term.
If you want to know, we still have about 110 active members. We barely took any hit from mischief launch at all. TBC and summer break was a different story.
I think you need to be more concerned with your own guild and why you had to open up phase 1-3 time to GDKP cause you're struggling to get members to do it lol
Look at your post history on here. it's nearly 100% about me. You are my biggest fan

Last edited: