Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

Zaide

TLP Idealist
260E850E-7D07-472A-BF67-A0FAA42EE88A.jpeg

Atabishi

Lord Nagafen Raider
What was the date of the post and link to the thread? Was this before or after they posted that they had increased the player cap multiple times?

Edit: Found the thread. He posted that on June 10th. It looks like it was possibly only in effect for about a week as Mepps posted later on that they had already increased the server cap multiple times. On the 30th of May dreamweaver posted that they have been monitoring the queues and that the server cap is at what it can safely handle, which could be interpreted as moving the cap past the standard 3500, because why say what it can safely handle vs just saying it's at the player cap which is how he worded it a couple days prior. If they had increased the server caps on the 30th or any time before the 10th, a slight decrease in player cap could mean just taking it back down closer to 3500. If they didn't increase the cap past 3500 prior to the 10th, then a slight decrease certainly does not mean a 2k player cap as good ole bot boy elderan says. Either way, from the dates between that and Mepps posts it looks like that slight decrease, from whatever number it was a decrease of, was only in effect very temporarily.

Edit2: I actually started to vaguely remember them taking away the queue completely at some point due to the massive complains about how long the queue was going on and then putting them back in. Started to read through that thread the SS is from and that seems to be what happened. It's talked about in that thread that they got rid of the queue and tried to run the server at a higher capacity than normal but the lag was too bad as the server could not handle it, so this appears to be their post updating that the queues would be put back in, which leads me to believe that the slight decrease in player cap was more likely decreasing what they had already increased.

Last edited:
  • 2Hodjing
Reactions: 1 users

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Aradune also should be MORE represented in general chats since, on average, you have less people boxing a lot of characters which never join any of them.

(I know it had plenty of rulebreakers but as a general figure I'd assume general chat presence per character logged into the server should be higher)

Atabishi

Lord Nagafen Raider
Aradune also should be MORE represented in general chats since, on average, you have less people boxing a lot of characters which never join any of them.

(I know it had plenty of rulebreakers but as a general figure I'd assume general chat presence per character logged into the server should be higher)

What makes think mains are more likely to be in general chat than boxes? From my own personal experience my main isn't in general channel 99.9% of the time, but on servers where I have 6 box'd every single one of my boxes are in the general channels. I actually don't know that many people who have general channel as an autojoin on their main or ever join it period. I've never bothered taking autojoin general off on any of my box computers and I feel like that's the case for many many people.

• 1Hodjing
Reactions: 1 user

Foaming

Lord Nagafen Raider
I never join any general channels. My boxes are setup to avoid that cess pool as well. As far as I'm concerned anyone in general channels are not even people; they're some sort of ultra degenerate.

• 1Like

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I stay in them until I see politics or religion. So about 10 minutes. I like chuck norris related stuff though :emoji_shrug:

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
I never join any general channels. My boxes are setup to avoid that cess pool as well. As far as I'm concerned anyone in general channels are not even people; they're some sort of ultra degenerate.

i used to troll people on gen chat during boring raids. Ultra degenerate confirmed

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
For most of the first month the cap appeared to be 2k excluding the last week of the month and the first few days. Then during the 2nd month the average per night was around 1100 online. Thats how the 1420 number comes around. I always said its hard to compare Aradune in the beginning because of the extreme stability issues. However Velious and Luclin averages were not even close to Mangler with no stability issues.

Now I personally generally judge the success of a server based on the population during the first month of Planes of Power. Aradune was unfortunate to get the announcement of the new servers before pop even released.

POP Average (first 30 days)
  1. Mangler 2600
  2. Agnarr 1790
  3. Aradune 1180
  4. Coirnav 1090

I still don't understand the naming of Mangler. If Selo was the fast server, then Mangler should have had a name that denoted lack of speed, like a turtle. And "Lodizal" is RIGHT THERE.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I still don't understand the naming of Mangler. If Selo was the fast server, then Mangler should have had a name that denoted lack of speed, like a turtle. And "Lodizal" is RIGHT THERE.

Mangler was supposed to be the "hardcore server" its why its called Mangler cause its supposed to mangle people up. It was planned to have much slower exp rate, harder death penalties. The first server where item effects were removed and some other stuff I dont recall. Selo was labeled the casual server.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
That Phinny kill was great. More updates? Any anecdotes from anyone playing is good. Edit: Lol wrong thread.

Last edited:

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
So, when I quit in OG, I was out mid Gates, we also did very little in the way of LDoN and I wanna rectify that. I wanna experience LDoN more than I did in the past.

Anyone know what kind of numbers you need for LDoN raids in-era?

Can we go in there with a Solid 24-30 people, PoTime "BIS" geared and just roll it for augments?

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
Sorry didn't mean for my comment to come off shitty.

I hate those raids and really ldon in general. From what I remember from doing them on Selo...none were any kind of challenge at all. All were straight zerg fests start to finish with split raids running multiples at once. If you have your standard core of average EQ players geared in Time loot you should roll over them without much issue.

Sterling

El Presidente
LDoN raids have a couple of interesting boss fights. The real problem is that 99 percent of LDoN raiding is clearing lots and lots of trash. Also the rewards are real hit or miss. Some of the Augments are absurdly good but there's a lot of real trash. Also, some people would rather get their 25 AC upgrade from just looting a new shoulder item than getting it from an aug which was a new thing at that point.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Yeah, the reward to time ratio is really skewed and that's the biggest problem. You could easily spend two hours doing LDoN raids and get only a handful of useful augs. Compare that to two hours of a PoTime clear... a world of difference.

• 1Like

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Sorry didn't mean for my comment to come off shitty.

I hate those raids and really ldon in general. From what I remember from doing them on Selo...none were any kind of challenge at all. All were straight zerg fests start to finish with split raids running multiples at once. If you have your standard core of average EQ players geared in Time loot you should roll over them without much issue.

No worries my man, everyne has their own reason for playing EQ. My reason for returning was nostalgia and an attempt to experience things I missed when I quit for college.

Xevy

Log Wizard
You can cheese pull some of the Rujarkian stuff to save time, but yeah, most of the LDoN raids are fairly long for very little loot incentive. Augs are nice, but GoD boss augs then OoW Anguish farmable augs blow them out of the water. Some of the LDoN's you could definitely do with 30ish people in Era like the permafrost ones which you could probably 2-4 group quite easily. The Mistmoore ones seem bad on paper but really aren't. The Takish ones can definitely suck with a lot off off-tanking and curing going on. The Guk one is somewhat the same and has some VERY hard hitting mobs. The Rujark ones have some hard hitting mobs with offtanking and some nasty pulling if you don't cheese it.

Overall by your 2nd complete run of LDoN raids you'll be set on LDoN raids for life. I didn't mind them personally, but the loot is very underwhelming and there's just so many that you'd rather just save that raid time for more Time/Elemental clears at that point.

• 1Like