Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Most people I know have anywhere from 2-8 krono on them at any point. Im sure it makes plenty of money, but probably no where near what the crates make. On Aradune, when the Halfling loot crates came out - Almost immediately I saw the Dog Mount, and the halfling illusion everywhere. Both of which arent very common.

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider
I would agree as far as actual account subscriptions go - paying for these using krono is probably more of a tlper thing and more of a hardcore subset at that. But there ARE people buying krono and those count as months of subscription. I realize there's gonna be details when you break out the ledger, but at a big picture (annual gross) level, they're subscription payments. If I buy a year sub they're going to mark $120 or whatever, and if I buy a handful of krono they're gonna mark $85 or whatever they cost. If they have 45-60k active subscriptions (assuming my math isn't awful) they can get to 7m from that, but I suspect the number is a touch lower, and people buying krono make up the difference. Bear in mind that a krono is significantly more cash for a game month than a sub, especially annual subs.
Must be a wierd reason that you can't convert krono into DB cash.

yerm

I think DB cash has different refund rules and stuff. I've had really good interactions about stuff related to the cash shop, including blown potions due to server rollbacks and some overseer issues. Meanwhile, while I'm only speaking 2nd and 3rd hand here about suspensions versus firsthand with the shop... my understanding from many others is good fucking luck getting them to reimburse sub time or give you a month etc if there's a problem there or a suspension is overturned. That aspect is very shut down. I imagine if they allowed the krono accounting to impact the marketplace they'd need to greatly tighten their rules regarding the marketplace and not be so easygoing.

Also there's the economic side of it where redemption for marketplace points would cause krono to be consumed at a considerably higher rate than currently. This would dramatically increase the value of krono. My personal assumption, which is baseless of course, is that this would be good for sales. It's possible I'm wrong though and they analyzed it and decided that having the majority of krono hoarded and their value being slightly less means more have to be bought to get goods, and more end up lost to bans or quitting and never get realized in place of cash purchase. I think a LOT of their marketing philosophy relies on purchases that don't get redeemed or don't get held, eg tlp god-era-quitters buying new bags to throwaway training accounts to landing a permaban on someone with a stash or just people who pay for something and quit.

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
But what does any of this have to to with Atabishi quitting Aradune and a chunk of the guild splitting off and forming a new raid force?

Ginger Squirrely Dan GIF by Crave

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Is that a real thing or a rumor heard through 10 transfers in a telephone game?

• 1Slow

Foaming

Lord Nagafen Raider
I like to challenge actual bullshit when I'm presented with it. That's all.

Also Yerm, all you had to say was I couldn't have that camp lol

yerm

I like to challenge actual bullshit when I'm presented with it. That's all.

Also Yerm, all you had to say was I couldn't have that camp lol

You had a dire charm pet and mine was on cooldown. Obviously I'll pick. If it was aradune I assume no conversation takes place and we both just petition the other for afk gameplay and let the gms decide who owns the camp.

• 1Solidarity

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
But what does any of this have to to with Atabishi quitting Aradune and a chunk of the guild splitting off and forming a new raid force?

Ginger Squirrely Dan GIF by Crave
TEQB has started recruiting hard in general chat in the past couple days.

[Tue Jun 29 22:00:17 2021] Linasu tells General:1, '<Thats EQ Baby> is recruiting anyone who can breathe! Can t breathe? That s ok too, we have Faerune gear rotting!'

Last edited:

Foaming

Lord Nagafen Raider
Nothing good comes from general chat recruiting. Not really surprised, though. Aradune isn't a fun ruleset, while Mischief is.

italica

Trakanon Raider
Not really surprised, though. Aradune isn't a fun ruleset, while Mischief is.

Which implies you're mainly there to make krono and/or are a 3+ box player. As a player who gives no shits about playing the economy side of the game, random loot has no long term appeal and only serves to remove the proverbial carrot far ahead of a normal time frame. So when an era comes around that is 3 months long, and I'm basically bis geared on all toons in the first month, what's my incentive to keep playing for months 2 and 3?

Don't get me wrong, Mischief's success will likely play a role in them continuing to play with different rule sets, so I want it to succeed enough for that to happen. But if random loot becomes the new normal on all future tlps? I'ma pass. Then on the other hand, if you're someone that is super into the random loot thing and it DOESN'T happen again... can you go back to standard loot rulesand still enjoy yourself? Or are you just there to play the economy whatever that looks like?

• 1Picard

Foaming

Lord Nagafen Raider
Oh I don't think Mischief survives long term at all. Random loot is going to suck when you have to farm AC augs for your tanks and such. It is, however, a very fun ruleset for the early eras which TLP players tend to enjoy the most anyways.

Los_Necros

Trakanon Raider
I don't think anyone will need to go out of their way to farm anything like that if the loot stays abundant like it is now. feels like loot is 3x normal.

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Oh I don't think Mischief survives long term at all. Random loot is going to suck when you have to farm AC augs for your tanks and such. It is, however, a very fun ruleset for the early eras which TLP players tend to enjoy the most anyways.

The hangover effect on the next server will be real if its a non random bonus loot ruleset.