Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
Oh I don't think Mischief survives long term at all. Random loot is going to suck when you have to farm AC augs for your tanks and such. It is, however, a very fun ruleset for the early eras which TLP players tend to enjoy the most anyways.
Getting PD loot off of silverwing was so much fun last night. Ofc PD dropped like faydedar loot but is still really fun.

Atabishi

Lord Nagafen Raider
TEQB has started recruiting hard in general chat in the past couple days.

You guys really are like obsessed addicted meth heads aren't you?

1. TEB is still the largest guild on Aradune with over 100 members
2. We re-opened recruitment the same as we always do halfway through an expansion to prepare for the next one (GoD)
3. I still play Aradune, just not as much recently as I'm in the process of moving within the next month.
4. I'm unaware of any raid force splitting off, nice attempt though.
5. I could talk shit about elderan's made up numbers and how dead mischief/thornblade is relative to recent tlp's (aradune/mangler) but that would just be giving you guys too much.

That enough to last you obsessed meth heads for a couple weeks?

• 3Salty
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Which implies you're mainly there to make krono and/or are a 3+ box player. As a player who gives no shits about playing the economy side of the game, random loot has no long term appeal and only serves to remove the proverbial carrot far ahead of a normal time frame. So when an era comes around that is 3 months long, and I'm basically bis geared on all toons in the first month, what's my incentive to keep playing for months 2 and 3?

Don't get me wrong, Mischief's success will likely play a role in them continuing to play with different rule sets, so I want it to succeed enough for that to happen. But if random loot becomes the new normal on all future tlps? I'ma pass. Then on the other hand, if you're someone that is super into the random loot thing and it DOESN'T happen again... can you go back to standard loot rulesand still enjoy yourself? Or are you just there to play the economy whatever that looks like?
What random loot allows you to do is actually camp shit yourself. Because instead of a BIS being absolutely dominated by krono edgelords, now you can go camp some obscure named in an "off-the-path" zone and still have a shot at getting the loot for yourself.
Oh I don't think Mischief survives long term at all. Random loot is going to suck when you have to farm AC augs for your tanks and such. It is, however, a very fun ruleset for the early eras which TLP players tend to enjoy the most anyways.
Yeah, but the increased named rates help offset this a little bit as well as the removal of no-drop. Plus, it allows the economy to be more item transactional (I'll trade you x for y) instead of purely based on krono and plat. I love that Mischief killed the necessity of shit like GEB monopolization, HGs, etc.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The faster unlock timers will help keep Mischief interesting for people but it's another thing that may hinder the next batch of traditional TLPs.

Foaming

Lord Nagafen Raider
Things are bad when you use catchy slogans in general chat. That's exactly what tier 3 guilds do. I'm glad Rizlona weathered Mischief launch so well.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
The idea that mischief is dead compared to aradune is so laughable. Clearly said by someone who is completely biased.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The idea that mischief is dead compared to aradune is so laughable. Clearly said by someone who is completely biased.

You don't understand how the argument is being framed. It's not Mischief now versus Aradune now. It's Mischief in each era versus Aradune in each era. Aradune is better than X server because it had more people in Y expansion repeat as many times as you need to from servers to expansions.

Yeah, it's that lame.

Atabishi

Lord Nagafen Raider
You don't understand how the argument is being framed. It's not Mischief now versus Aradune now. It's Mischief in each era versus Aradune in each era. Aradune is better than X server because it had more people in Y expansion repeat as many times as you need to from servers to expansions.

Yeah, it's that lame.

It may not come across in text accurately, but that's not how I frame the argument. I don't believe that populations of a server is always proof that one rule set is superior to the other. There is so much more to the context than just populations. I honestly don't believe comparing Aradune to any server is very fair. Aradune was obviously the most populated TLP ever in terms of real players and to not think that is just straight trolling. Does that mean that Aradunes limited box rule set is superior to others though? No. Aradune was so popular because it was launched during the height of the covid lockdowns. Simple as that. That's why I don't think it's fair to compare it to other TLP's. That's why Aradune had more guilds trying to do batphone guilds than any other TLP, because so many people were working from home due to covid. The only thing Aradune proved is that when given the choice between limited boxing vs unlimited boxing (rizlona) is that more people prefer limited boxing. At least in the early expansions. I think most if not all Aradune guilds will transfer to Rizlona in later era's to get rid of the limited boxing, something all prior TLP's wanted in later era's but never had the possibility.

Mangler was extremely popular in Classic/Kunark but for many reasons died off a lot between middle of kunark to velious. By velious eras and beyond, phinny was prob more popular. Does that mean phinny was a better server than Mangler though? No it doesn't. That would be leaving so much out of context. There were a lot of things that caused Manglers population to drop so dramatically. The good thing about daybreak though is they have given us so many different options for TLP servers. You get to play where you enjoy the ruleset the most. Just because one server is more popular than the other doesn't make it better. You could even make the argument that comparing Mangler/phinny to Mischief/Thornblade is a bad comparison. One side are standard ruleset servers with minor deviations, the other is special ruleset. The better comparison is servers like Miragul/Selos/Rizlona/Agnarr to Mischief/Thornblade, which in that case mischief/thornblade were definitely more successful.

The bad part though is when you have people like Elderan who constantly make up fake numbers. That doesn't help anyone. He has consistently been called out for this across multiple servers, and generally always has the same my numbers must have been messed up that day excuse. Why do people who push this narrative love to use general channels? Because its the one system you could most easily manipulate. You can't manipulate number of guilds with number of average raiders in each, but you can certainly manipulate general channels. General channels don't take in to account so many things like auto kick for example, number of people in multiple channels, number of boxes in those, server rulesets etc. It's about the lowest IQ way of gauging something you could possibly think of. For example just as a test, during week two Elderan was claiming an average player base of high 2000's on Mischief in general channels. I'm just enough levels of degenerate to put this to the test. I logged in to mischief every single day for 7 days, the entire week 2 of launch. I logged in at 4am, 12pm and 8pm and joined every single general channel from base up to 20. I also did a /list in every channel to get all names and compiled all the weeks data. Not once even on a weekend at 8pm did the total reach anywhere what Elderan was posting. More over, it was easy to run a simple macro to see how many "unique" people were in the general channels cutting out the numbers of people in multiple channels at once. Another thing I ran was how many of these people were in the channels permanently all 7 days. It's easy to assume that these characters are afk bots. Doing these tests that anyone can do, DRAMATICALLY decreases the average number. Did I do this test to prove anything about the Mischief server? No. I did it cause Elderan is a cancer of the TLP's running 72 man box armies and wants to push the servers he plays on to be the most popular because it effects his bottom line income.

The main reason I like to follow the trends of populations on TLP's has nothing to do with any dick measuring contest between servers, it's because following the trends shows you if the EQ TLP's are growing in popularity or declining. Why do I think this is important? Not because I care if EQ lives or dies, but more so because I believe that EQ was in the forefront of showing a proof of concept that launching new classic servers every year can help an old game build its audience. Why is this important? Because I want to see it done in more games. I personally am still hoping for an official classic DAoC server. I'm sure many people have games they wish would do the same thing EQ did. I believe based on the growing number of players EQ has brought in to the TLP's that EQ has definitively proven that this is sustainable and a great way to rebuild an old game, and I want to see it done to more games.

• 1Salty

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
It may not come across in text accurately, but that's not how I frame the argument. I don't believe that populations of a server is always proof that one rule set is superior to the other. There is so much more to the context than just populations. I honestly don't believe comparing Aradune to any server is very fair. Aradune was obviously the most populated TLP ever in terms of real players and to not think that is just straight trolling. Does that mean that Aradunes limited box rule set is superior to others though? No. Aradune was so popular because it was launched during the height of the covid lockdowns. Simple as that. That's why I don't think it's fair to compare it to other TLP's. That's why Aradune had more guilds trying to do batphone guilds than any other TLP, because so many people were working from home due to covid. The only thing Aradune proved is that when given the choice between limited boxing vs unlimited boxing (rizlona) is that more people prefer limited boxing. At least in the early expansions. I think most if not all Aradune guilds will transfer to Rizlona in later era's to get rid of the limited boxing, something all prior TLP's wanted in later era's but never had the possibility.

Mangler was extremely popular in Classic/Kunark but for many reasons died off a lot between middle of kunark to velious. By velious eras and beyond, phinny was prob more popular. Does that mean phinny was a better server than Mangler though? No it doesn't. That would be leaving so much out of context. There were a lot of things that caused Manglers population to drop so dramatically. The good thing about daybreak though is they have given us so many different options for TLP servers. You get to play where you enjoy the ruleset the most. Just because one server is more popular than the other doesn't make it better. You could even make the argument that comparing Mangler/phinny to Mischief/Thornblade is a bad comparison. One side are standard ruleset servers with minor deviations, the other is special ruleset. The better comparison is servers like Miragul/Selos/Rizlona/Agnarr to Mischief/Thornblade, which in that case mischief/thornblade were definitely more successful.

The bad part though is when you have people like Elderan who constantly make up fake numbers. That doesn't help anyone. He has consistently been called out for this across multiple servers, and generally always has the same my numbers must have been messed up that day excuse. Why do people who push this narrative love to use general channels? Because its the one system you could most easily manipulate. You can't manipulate number of guilds with number of average raiders in each, but you can certainly manipulate general channels. General channels don't take in to account so many things like auto kick for example, number of people in multiple channels, number of boxes in those, server rulesets etc. It's about the lowest IQ way of gauging something you could possibly think of. For example just as a test, during week two Elderan was claiming an average player base of high 2000's on Mischief in general channels. I'm just enough levels of degenerate to put this to the test. I logged in to mischief every single day for 7 days, the entire week 2 of launch. I logged in at 4am, 12pm and 8pm and joined every single general channel from base up to 20. I also did a /list in every channel to get all names and compiled all the weeks data. Not once even on a weekend at 8pm did the total reach anywhere what Elderan was posting. More over, it was easy to run a simple macro to see how many "unique" people were in the general channels cutting out the numbers of people in multiple channels at once. Another thing I ran was how many of these people were in the channels permanently all 7 days. It's easy to assume that these characters are afk bots. Doing these tests that anyone can do, DRAMATICALLY decreases the average number. Did I do this test to prove anything about the Mischief server? No. I did it cause Elderan is a cancer of the TLP's running 72 man box armies and wants to push the servers he plays on to be the most popular because it effects his bottom line income.

The main reason I like to follow the trends of populations on TLP's has nothing to do with any dick measuring contest between servers, it's because following the trends shows you if the EQ TLP's are growing in popularity or declining. Why do I think this is important? Not because I care if EQ lives or dies, but more so because I believe that EQ was in the forefront of showing a proof of concept that launching new classic servers every year can help an old game build its audience. Why is this important? Because I want to see it done in more games. I personally am still hoping for an official classic DAoC server. I'm sure many people have games they wish would do the same thing EQ did. I believe based on the growing number of players EQ has brought in to the TLP's that EQ has definitively proven that this is sustainable and a great way to rebuild an old game, and I want to see it done to more games.

too long didn't read cat yogurt.gif

also

mad as hell out of ten.png

too mad not to look
for men bootybothered big.png

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I was led to believe proper etiquette is posting trash to convey that you have no desire to engage in discussion.

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
The bad part though is when you have people like Elderan who constantly make up fake numbers.

At this point I think Atabashi has some serious mental illness. I really starting to worry about him.

He counts 5k people on Aradune when there are 2k people. He see 3 navy seals when its just a 12 year old handicap kid.

• 7Worf
  • 1Galaxy Brain
Reactions: 7 users

Atabishi

Lord Nagafen Raider
At this point I think Atabashi has some serious mental illness. I really starting to worry about him.

He counts 5k people on Aradune when there are 2k people. He see 3 navy seals when its just a 12 year old handicap kid.

Another non-meaningful and unproductive reply. You guys are on a roll.

• 1Salty
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 1 users

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>

Cary Elwes Laughing GIF

WTF is this wall of text shit LOL..

• 1Like