Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
there is legit 12 people at the bank in POK.

Mangler had 200 at this same point.

Server is dead.

Numbers have been decent this month. Its more a log in, kill raid mobs and log off server right now though. These are the high pops for this month.

07/01/2021=1042
07/02/2021=853
07/03/2021=920
07/04/2021=758
07/05/2021=1030
07/06/2021=1049
07/07/2021=933
07/08/2021=980
07/09/2021=570
07/10/2021=791
07/11/2021=870
07/12/2021=874
07/13/2021=944
07/14/2021=793
07/15/2021=870
07/16/2021=621
07/17/2021=738
07/18/2021=835

Here are the lows

07/01/2021=354
07/02/2021=300
07/03/2021=276
07/04/2021=337
07/05/2021=265
07/06/2021=295
07/07/2021=293
07/08/2021=291
07/09/2021=249
07/10/2021=611
07/11/2021=277
07/12/2021=266
07/13/2021=255
07/14/2021=230
07/15/2021=275
07/16/2021=253
07/17/2021=236
07/18/2021=251

Last edited:

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Numbers have been decent this month. Its more a log in, kill raid mobs and log off server right now though. These are the high pops for this month.

07/01/2021=1042
07/02/2021=853
07/03/2021=920
07/04/2021=758
07/05/2021=1030
07/06/2021=1049
07/07/2021=933
07/08/2021=980
07/09/2021=570
07/10/2021=791
07/11/2021=870
07/12/2021=874
07/13/2021=944
07/14/2021=793
07/15/2021=870
07/16/2021=621
07/17/2021=738
07/18/2021=835

you see i changing for LDON or GOD? Maybe.

Whats manglers numbers today? Even in its advanced status?

Atabishi

Lord Nagafen Raider
there is legit 12 people at the bank in POK.

Mangler had 200 at this same point.

Server is dead.

Mangler didn't have autokick. Aradune still does. Multi box vs limited box. Some pretty big fucking differences. I know that most people on here just do troll shit posts and act retarded (see elderan above as prime example) which is why it's known for being the biggest cesspit of EQ, but honestly I'm starting to think the people on this forum are actually retarded.

• 1Like
  • 1Galaxy Brain
Reactions: 1 users

rad

Lord of Guk
Mangler didn't have autokick. Aradune still does. Multi box vs limited box. Some pretty big fucking differences. I know that most people on here just do troll shit posts and act retarded which is why it's known for being the biggest cesspit of EQ, but honestly I'm starting to think the people on this forum are actually retarded.

Nobody tagged you, yet you normally respond to these within minutes. Your dumbass lives for this thread, such a sad sack of shit you are, lol.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Mangler is pretty rough right now. 237 in general chat. Very much a raid logging server. WoW and the new TLPs and maybe even FF14 all near each other really took a solid hit to the server that it's never really seen before. I mean, there was graduatl attrition but even late PoR and beginning of TSS the numbers were very strong.

Atabishi

Lord Nagafen Raider
Nobody tagged you, yet you normally respond to these within minutes. Your dumbass lives for this thread, such a sad sack of shit you are, lol.

Nobody tagged you yet you responded to me within seconds, you must be the king of sad shit sacks.
Sorry that I point out logic in the presence of ignorance. Something this forum and people like you don't like. Tell me more about how the earth is flat please.

Here is the actual funniest part and the irony of all this. Go back on the official EQ forums under my different variances of Atabishi, or on official discord or even on this forum. When Agnarr launched, I said that the launch saw a much higher population than the phinny launch did and all the phinny people called me retarded and that there was no way, yet now it's a pretty accepted fact that it was however the population didn't sustain and dropped off quick. During the first two expansions of Mangler, I said Mangler was the most populated TLP ever in those era's and again was called fucking retarded and people on these forums said it wasn't true. But now that's a pretty accepted fact that before Aradune it was the most popular TLP ever. Here we are again, being called retarded and sad for saying Aradune was more popular than Mangler, when we all know that it's true in the equivalent era's so far, but give it a couple years and it'll be an accepted fact.

Last edited:

rad

Lord of Guk
Nobody tagged you yet you responded to me within seconds, you must be the king of sad shit sacks.
Sorry that I point out logic in the presence of ignorance. Something this forum and people like you don't like. Tell me more about how the earth is flat please.

USN.jpg

• 1Like

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I make fun of bishi as much as anyone but he isn't wrong that aradune isn't a good server for comparison with shit like loitering by a bank. The basic ruleset means that shits gonna happen far less than any other tlp.

And you're all sad sacks of shit.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Mangler is pretty rough right now. 237 in general chat. Very much a raid logging server. WoW and the new TLPs and maybe even FF14 all near each other really took a solid hit to the server that it's never really seen before. I mean, there was graduatl attrition but even late PoR and beginning of TSS the numbers were very strong.

Yeah it's kinda weird cause everyone came into TSS guns blazing, so much to do, great xpac. Then shit went downhill suuuuuuper fast. Now it's raid logging fo rmost people if they even bother with logging for raid. Def some WOW/FF14 shit going on.

• 1Solidarity

Atabishi

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah it's kinda weird cause everyone came into TSS guns blazing, so much to do, great xpac. Then shit went downhill suuuuuuper fast. Now it's raid logging fo rmost people if they even bother with logging for raid. Def some WOW/FF14 shit going on.

Mangler guilds just have to put their differences aside and find a suitable person that they can all agree on that will take them further. Mangler had a lot of rough things happen throughout it's server life that wasn't conducive to it's population. In Kunark they lost a considerable amount of it's population when BT was formed, which ended up merging like 5-6 decent size guilds together. The sad reality was that even though they merged such a high number of people to all one place, they merged casual non-batphone guilds together and then asked them to batphone, so the vast majority of those people immediately quit. They didn't go to other guilds, they just straight up quit the server. Mangler then had wow classic launch right before velious launch which was another pretty decent blow. Bloodthirst and M&M were the two largest guilds going in to Velious and Bloodthirst only had about an average of 100-120 average active raiders throughout velious (according to their leaders) while M&M sat at around 100 (according to their leaders), all other guilds were under 100 and there was only about 15 raiding guilds during velious/luclin. To put this in to perspective Phinny had 1 guild larger than BT in this era (though only 1 guild over 100) but had about 5 more guilds with similar average raiders as Mangler guilds, Aradune had 3 guilds with 150+, a total of 6 guilds over 100 members , and more than twice as many guilds as Mangler.

Fortunately for Mangler, they were able to sustain at least the current guilds through PoP and even gained a couple new ones due to the free promotion that ran but the Aradune launch eventually took a toll on the higher pop guilds as all new servers do to a TLP. While there has been a similar amount of Mangler guilds in the later era's compared to Phinny, they are all operating very thin and small and much smaller than the phinny guilds of those era's. The problem Mangler has had though as while Phinny had Dima that constantly absorbed struggling guilds, Mangler started doing the actual opposite and splitting existing guilds, like the creation of Adventure Dogs which was a split off of BT and M&M players.

Unless the top guilds like BT/AD/M&M/MESS decide to start absorbing each other under one guild, you'll continue to see more of the extreme raid logging and lack of activity as more and more people leave just from the struggles of being in very small non-active guilds. The good thing is they made it through the 70's era which is the hardest part, but it's much easier to sustain members and fight against boredom in a larger guild than it is when you just have a bunch of guilds with 20-40 members.

Last edited:
  • 1Picard

DickTrickle

Ah, talking so much about a server you haven't played on for years. Mangler so troubled for its existence? Lol, dude.

Much of the people, particularly the core, from AD were originally from Coirnav. So, yes, M&M and BT lost some people, but they had previously gained too, especially M&M. We had quite a number of Coirnav and Selo refugees when those servers started condensing.

Aradune was barely felt on Mangler, probably because of the free play period, Covid, and Aradune's issues. As you always LOVE citing, the guild era completions didn't go down after Aradune. In fact, they didn't change much at all until PoR/TSS. And keep in mind at least two noteworthy guilds, including the largest European guild, are not even on that progression list (you wouldn't know since you don't play here at all). Multiple guilds were splitting God and OoW.

I also don't buy your bullshit about checking all the guild rosters all the time and always knowing the box status of every member, especially during the time you were playing on Aradune. At least a few don't even have public DKP sites. My guild went from fielding 5-10 boxes a raid to fielding zero because we had so many returning players or new applicants. No guilds were hemorrhaging players outside the server during the summer last year.

Feel free to continue to fellate Aradune but don't just make up whatever story you want about Mangler.

Also, dude, gotta learn how to use apostrophes.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Atabishi

Lord Nagafen Raider
Ah, talking so much about a server you haven't played on for years. Mangler so troubled for it's existence? Lol, dude.

Much of the people, particularly the core, from AD were originally from Coirnav. So, yes, M&M and BT lost some people, but they had previously gained too, especially M&M. We had quite a number of Coirnav and Selo refugees when those servers started condensing.

Aradune was barely felt on Mangler, probably because of the free play period, Covid, and Aradune's issues. As you always LOVE citing, the guild era completions didn't go down after Aradune. In fact, they didn't change much at all until PoR/TSS. And keep in mind at least two noteworthy guilds, including one large European guild, are not even on that progression list (you wouldn't know since you don't play here at all). Multiple guilds were splitting God and OoW.

I also don't buy your bullshit about checking all the guild rosters all the time and always knowing the box status of every member, especially during the time you were playing on Aradune. My guild went from fielding 5-10 boxes a raid to fielding zero because we had so many returning players or new applicants. No guilds were hemorrhaging players outside the server during the summer last year.

Feel free to continue to fellate Aradune but don't just make up whatever story you want about Mangler.

Also, dude, gotta learn how to use apostrophes.

Saying that the "core" of AD were originally from Coirnav doesn't mean anything when most of it's founding members and leadership were people from BT and M&M.
I didn't say that the guild era completions went down after Aradune, I literally specifically said in my post that the current guilds were able to sustain through these periods and I even said they GAINED some guilds. Does no one on these forums know how to actually read?
Saying that there are some guilds missing from the progression site is a mute point. EVERY tlp has guilds missing from the progression site so it's literally never an argument that can be made. Logically, the more guilds you have listed on the progression site, the more that there are missing.
Saying multiple guilds were splitting GoD and OoW means absolute nothing. Amtrak on Selos split both of those with like 40 or less total active members.
Most guilds DKP sites are public, and even if they aren't it's not hard to see their DKP sites. I mean you can literally go see AD/M&M/BT/MESS dkp sites right now lol.
You forget that BT lost a lot of members to TF and Rampage on Aradune launch. M&M had many come to TEB. I still keep in contact with Durtt from M&M as he's a cool guy, and we had several of the BT officers from the velious-pop era's in TEB.
This is why I didn't say much about the GoD+ era's as the only things I know about those is what I can see from the DKP sites and what the people that raided those era's in those top guilds say.

DickTrickle

Saying that the "core" of AD were originally from Coirnav doesn't mean anything when most of it's founding members and leadership were people from BT and M&M.
I didn't say that the guild era completions went down after Aradune, I literally specifically said in my post that the current guilds were able to sustain through these periods and I even said they GAINED some guilds. Does no one on these forums know how to actually read?
Saying that there are some guilds missing from the progression site is a mute point. EVERY tlp has guilds missing from the progression site so it's literally never an argument that can be made. Logically, the more guilds you have listed on the progression site, the more that there are missing.
Saying multiple guilds were splitting GoD and OoW means absolute nothing. Amtrak on Selos split both of those with like 40 or less total active members.
Most guilds DKP sites are public, and even if they aren't it's not hard to see their DKP sites. I mean you can literally go see AD/M&M/BT/MESS dkp sites right now lol.
You forget that BT lost a lot of members to TF and Rampage on Aradune launch. M&M had many come to TEB. I still keep in contact with Durtt from M&M as he's a cool guy, and we had several of the BT officers from the velious-pop era's in TEB.
This is why I didn't say much about the GoD+ era's as the only things I know about those is what I can see from the DKP sites and what the people that raided those era's in those top guilds say.

Uh, it's totally relevant because they were only in M&M and BT for 4ish? months. It's not like they started when Mangler opened, they didn't come until Pop era. If 30 people come to a server in Feburary, join a guild, then leave that guild and start a new guild, did the server lose people from that split? Nope. Ad Victorem also came during that time period and was such a relevant raiding guild they (barely) won DoN. Admittedly, they did end up shipping out to Aradune, though. BT probably saw the biggest exodus to Aradune out of any of the top existing guilds.

You said the guild completion didn't go down but you said the rosters thinned which isn't true for the server as a whole. Your argument was that population went down and I completely reject it, using the guild list as only part of the evidence. Maybe you should have read my post a little more clearly?

I know you think general chat numbers are bogus, but it doesn't make sense that those numbers would increase for a given server unless the population was increasing (barring any large environmental changes like AFK kick being removed). A surge of people aren't just suddenly going to start entering general chat after having left it months earlier. Nor is it likely that 100-200 boxes were added in that time period.

Missing guilds is pretty important when you miss a guild like Europa Mangler, that was and is the biggest Euro guild and was three splitting content during that time period. What two & three splitting guild with 120+ online members (in that era) is Aradune missing? Or Phinigel? And it's not like they were just pure hardcore raiding -- they had a lot of people who weren't like that so the guild was pretty big. The fact you don't even know about them says plenty about your lack of knowledge of the server itself, which weakens your entire argument.

You might not have much to say about God+ eras, but you should probably stop talking about the PoP to LDoN time period as well, or anything last summer, because you're either misinformed or intentionally omitting.

Last edited:

Zaide

TLP Idealist
*moot

• 1Worf

Atabishi

Lord Nagafen Raider
Uh, it's totally relevant because they were only in M&M and BT for 3-4 months. It's not like they started when Mangler opened, they didn't come until Pop era. If 30 people come to a server in Feburary, join a guild, then leave that guild and start a new guild, did the server lose people from that split? Nope. Ad Victorem also came during that time period and was such a relevant raiding guild they (barely) won DoN. Admittedly, they did end up shipping out to Aradune, though. BT probably saw the biggest exodus to Aradune out of any of the top existing guilds.

You said the guild completion didn't go down but you said the rosters thinned which isn't true for the server as a whole. Your argument was that population went down and I completely reject it, using the guild list as only part of the evidence. Maybe you should have read my post a little more clearly?

I know you think general chat numbers are bogus, but it doesn't make sense that those numbers would increase for a given server unless the population was increasing (barring any large environmental changes like AFK kick being removed). A surge of people aren't just suddenly going to start entering general chat after having left it months earlier. Nor is it likely that 100-200 boxes were added in that time period.

Missing guilds is pretty important when you miss a guild like Europa Mangler, that was and is the biggest Euro guild and was three splitting content during that time period. What three splitting guild with 120+ online members (in that era) is Aradune missing? Or Phinigel? And it's not like they were just pure hardcore raiding -- they had a lot of people who weren't like that so the guild was pretty big. The fact you don't even know about them says plenty about your lack of knowledge of the server itself, which weakens your entire argument.

You might not have much to say about God+ eras, but you should probably stop talking about the PoP to LDoN time period as well, or anything last summer, because you're either misinformed or intentionally omitting.

The guilds did thin, the DKP sites were evidence of this. That's natural on every TLP. How are you even arguing against that point? Guild rosters thin between each era on every TLP. The only real exception to this was Phinny up until PoP. Phinny actually GAINED in population each era until PoP and then started to thin out after PoP. My point was that Mangler took such big hits to population in Kunark and Velious that they ended up at a much lower population starting point in those eras compared to Aradune and even Phinny.
General chat numbers don't have to be bogus if they aren't made up. They are the absolute worst way you could possibly try to measure the player population of a server that only an idiot would use as their primary source given the other ways you could more accurately measure population, but it's still a way to measure. The problem comes when you are taking those general chat numbers from a person like Elderan who has been constantly called out across the servers by multiple people for posting fake numbers. Why it's such a terrible way to measure is because every server has different levels of boxing which plays a massive role in general chat numbers. Out of all TLP's I've played on, Mangler had more boxing than any server I've ever seen and it's not even close. Anyone who ACTUALLY played on these servers would know that. That was one of the most common reasons given during classic and kunark for people i knew leaving the server was the absolute insane amount of boxing and botting going on. Also, yes it is very typical for you to see a spike in general channels during pop due to increased boxing. While the free promotion during pop for mangler definitely played a role as well, every TLP see's a huge increased amount of boxing starting in PoP. Phinny, coirnav, mangler, aradune all saw massive increases in boxes during the PoP era.

I know all about Europa Mangler. Many of their members raided with me on Mangler and I helped them at several of their early trak batphones in Kunark. I know that they are missing from the progression site and I was good friends with several of them. I actually considered raiding in both M&M and EM during Classic-Kunark on mangler as their leader told me I could join and raid with an alt. Hicks even raided with them in PoP. I also know that their numbers fell quite a bit after Kunark and they were a drastically different guild come PoP era.

My overall point was just my opinion on what needs to happen on Mangler for it to last, which is guild consolidation. I wasn't posting to shit on Mangler. I was simply responding to posts about the state of Mangler with what I THINK needs to be done in order for it to be more successful.

Last edited:

Foaming

Lord Nagafen Raider
I don't care about Mangler. I don't care about Aradune either, but at least it is in this thread's title.

• 1Like