Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
SoV and SoL will have a lot of people running the newbie experience. Kunark leveling isn’t drastically different than classic.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Rizlona has AoCs, Ragefire is also like 18 expansions ahead.
im on ragefire now, but a maxed 6 crew is getting to me. maybe ill start some guys over there for fun.

I need boxing. EQ without it is excessively hard for no reason.

Los_Necros

Trakanon Raider
I feel like the batphones will only die off when there isn't money to be made, even if you're doing Vindi every six hours. If there's Vulak loot dropping from all of the level appropriate "army" bosses, I don't see it never not being the potential for good money.

On the plus side, it seems likely that it will be just a bit harder to corner the OW mob market. From what I've seen as an observer, it seems like the OW race has tilted back heavily towards Greed is Good. I don't really keep too close an eye on it, though.
Right, but how fast will that lead to burnout? Batphoning KT/Doze/vulak was already enough... It'll just be very hard to defend all those mobs. And, yes... you could batphone vindi every 8 hours for vulak loot... or you can batphone vindi and 5 other mobs and they all drop zlandi hearts and vindi boots etc etc. So, it's not like you're waking up to a lord feshlak batphone for free vulak loot. What will play out is the guild has to make a decision... do we let these other guilds clean up the scraps or do we batphone every single time a guild gets near a potential vulak dropping boss.

Mischief also gets to compete with the botters warping to their raid targets. Takes them way less time to get to tov than a real guild. They'll have anything in DN/WW/ToV dead before the OW guild gets across sirens.

I'm sure they will go after plenty of targets, but they will definitely have to make decisions to let other people take mobs in the middle of the night or early morning. It wont be possible to defend all the vulak targets (if it's anything like Kunark).

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
Imagine how much nicer these servers would be if they just removed the open world raid spawns.

Keep it all to DZs, play with your guild, don't mind what other people are doing in this game.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider
You play to get loot to gear your character. You are now getting a lot more loot every kill, and you don't have to go elsewhere to get a large selection of loot. You gear your character very quickly. You gear up a couple more. It gets monotonous, and another game came out. And, you're done.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Imagine how much nicer these servers would be if they just removed the open world raid spawns.

Keep it all to DZs, play with your guild, don't mind what other people are doing in this game.

If you keep it all to a DZ and play with your guild... how does what happens in OW affect you at all?

I've been in a high efficiency DZ guild and OW pissing fights never mattered to me. We'd occasionally snipe something when it was our raid time, but outside of that it's like they didn't exist.

Foaming

Lord Nagafen Raider
Some people are so short bus special that the idea they can simply not care about OW isn't a concept they can understand.

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
It would have been funnier if they ditched DZs and buffed the shit out of OW drops as the only source of loot. At least from the perspective of someone who just wants to read forum drama, it would have definitely increased OW competition.

Foaming

Lord Nagafen Raider
They would kill ~30% of their total revenue. All the casuals who only roll on tlps because dz helps them chase their dreams of having that item they never did will simply stop playing.

Sterling

El Presidente
It would have been funnier if they ditched DZs and buffed the shit out of OW drops as the only source of loot. At least from the perspective of someone who just wants to read forum drama, it would have definitely increased OW competition.
Ragefire/LJ were the last time you'll see anything like that I'm sure. AoCs have to help tremendously for subs/retention.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Mischief is the first server I’ve seen more than one guild batphone mobs for any length of time since AoCs were added. Normally a guild tries an OW target once, promptly loses and then never does OW again.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
It’s been fun. First time in a awhile I’m thinking about EQ while working.

Also Cupie12 Cupie12 wtf happened to our group? Did the GM interfere with the Legit PL guy? Lol

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Sterling

El Presidente
Mischief is the first server I’ve seen more than one guild batphone mobs for any length of time since AoCs were added. Normally a guild tries an OW target once, promptly loses and then never does OW again.
I mean the OG AoC server Phinigel was pretty feisty at times. Dima certainly did not go away after losing 1 or 2 races.

sindaael

<Banned>
Everquest raids have gotten more difficult. Back in the days it was easy, because there weren't so many gimmicks. I haven't raided much lately. But I did Solteris, and that one seemed like it was hard as hell. It was old expansion content. Did it with a group etc. Nothing seem to match the hallucination video game though. That one is the highest level.

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider

Rosengard was a "batphone" guild on both RF and Phinny. They just didn't batphone 24/7, they had set raid times and if stuff spawn during those times they would !RT and if you were online they expected you to raid.

Edit: AoS Basically had scheduled bathphones for all of Kunark which was an hour or so before Rosen was in their Batphone window.

Last edited:

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
Coirnav had RI and TFC fighting over ow content for quite a while, Europa Mangler contested ow mobs in their time zone regularly (and even got some wins) but didn't bother during US prime time.

Agnarr was probably the only server where the buck was fully broken.

EQBaby didn't get much competition but RWT did try to contest some ow stuff once again in Euro time where they could be competitive. Victorem tried to get an OW VT boss and Atabishi watched them clear trash until they were about half way to the boss then batphoned and CoTH'd a raid past them, and after being mocked in ooc by Hicks they didn't bother much after that. Altered minds sniped a couple of mobs while TEB weren't paying attention and thought that made them king dicks lol

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
The real threat was always from Midnight Redemption. You never knew when their entire raid was hiding behind a rock waiting to snipe your Talendor.