Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
The real threat was always from Midnight Redemption. You never knew when their entire raid was hiding behind a rock waiting to snipe your Talendor.

That was a glorious snipe, you have to admit. We (MR) were about to do into our DZ, saw TEB pulling but not paying attention and just zerged it down. I think that was the first OW target TEB lost on the server.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Coka

Golden Squire
Coirnav had RI and TFC fighting over ow content for quite a while, Europa Mangler contested ow mobs in their time zone regularly (and even got some wins) but didn't bother during US prime time.

Agnarr was probably the only server where the buck was fully broken.

EQBaby didn't get much competition but RWT did try to contest some ow stuff once again in Euro time where they could be competitive. Victorem tried to get an OW VT boss and Atabishi watched them clear trash until they were about half way to the boss then batphoned and CoTH'd a raid past them, and after being mocked in ooc by Hicks they didn't bother much after that. Altered minds sniped a couple of mobs while TEB weren't paying attention and thought that made them king dicks lol

TFC didn't get a look in because of RI and Fallen Council (not Europa) all the way until GoD but by then FC and RI had left. TFC got smacked hard on Coirnav early on. Starbucks was shown how to mob skip by Mafaka in VT and they still lost literally always. I had a great time on Coirnav.

TEQB I'll say it once won't be done again. They had all the faces from the usual US TLP guilds all under one banner. Now that those guilds have remerged TEQB are not the force they once were one of their officers had to leave and said I doubt they'll last past GoD. RWT were a mess from the start especially when the US players left for Toxic Few and Mafaka quit to play WoW Classic, it was left to go a more casual route due to EU players play style. Still took small opportunities to mess with TEQB like making them batphone and run to Venril Sathir numerous times then all just log out leaving them to get no contest bonus and the mob not even up. Then of course the Sleeper thing.

Ragefire was the craziest server I've played for competition I arrived late with Darkwind and got continiously smashed on Trakanon by a 40 box Mage army from Twisted Legacy. In the end we managed to push them with Rosengard into a 3 way share of spawns. Then we went on to dominate through Velious (TL left for Phini and eventually RG followed them) Then had some weird beef with Faceless who were on Lockjaw... who then levelled characters on Ragefire high enough to cast votes on server unlocks. Fun times.

Now I'm casual on Thornblade and small crews are taking OW spawns and even some Australian guild is winning OW mobs. Not been on Mischief so cannot comment.

Last edited:

hEKK

Lord Nagafen Raider
Coirnav had RI and TFC fighting over ow content for quite a while, Europa Mangler contested ow mobs in their time zone regularly (and even got some wins) but didn't bother during US prime time.

Agnarr was probably the only server where the buck was fully broken.

EQBaby didn't get much competition but RWT did try to contest some ow stuff once again in Euro time where they could be competitive. Victorem tried to get an OW VT boss and Atabishi watched them clear trash until they were about half way to the boss then batphoned and CoTH'd a raid past them, and after being mocked in ooc by Hicks they didn't bother much after that. Altered minds sniped a couple of mobs while TEB weren't paying attention and thought that made them king dicks lol
Sounds like altered minds is winning

• 1Like

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
TFC didn't get a look in because of RI and Fallen Council (not Europa) all the way until GoD but by then FC and RI had left. TFC got smacked hard on Coirnav early on. Starbucks was shown how to mob skip by Mafaka in VT and they still lost literally always. I had a great time on Coirnav.

TEQB I'll say it once won't be done again. They had all the faces from the usual US TLP guilds all under one banner. Now that those guilds have remerged TEQB are not the force they once were one of their officers had to leave and said I doubt they'll last past GoD. RWT were a mess from the start especially when the US players left for Toxic Few and Mafaka quit to play WoW Classic, it was left to go a more casual route due to EU players play style. Still took small opportunities to mess with TEQB like making them batphone and run to Venril Sathir numerous times then all just log out leaving them to get no contest bonus and the mob not even up. Then of course the Sleeper thing.

Ragefire was the craziest server I've played for competition I arrived late with Darkwind and got continiously smashed on Trakanon by a 40 box Mage army from Twisted Legacy. In the end we managed to push them with Rosengard into a 3 way share of spawns. Then we went on to dominate through Velious (TL left for Phini and eventually RG followed them) Then had some weird beef with Faceless who were on Lockjaw... who then levelled characters on Ragefire high enough to cast votes on server unlocks. Fun times.

Now I'm casual on Thornblade and small crews are taking OW spawns and even some Australian guild is winning OW mobs. Not been on Mischief so cannot comment.

was tfc the guild that yukina and her husband basically ran with the guild leader starbuk? That was funny when RI didn’t try to go in on vulak if I remember correctly. I played for a few weeks over there in a monk I bought lol.

Ikkan

Molten Core Raider
When you've been in Time almost 4 months and your guild is burnt out and you need to find ways to keep things fresh, stuff like this happens:

phinny.png

This was actually a lot of fun haha.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
For those in the know, did the taunt changes from the last patch affect far taunting?

Edit: Meant to post on the mischief thread. Oops.

Last edited:

Foaming

Lord Nagafen Raider
Taunt/aggro in general is very wonky post patch. I don't far taunt, but since mobs tend to leash MUCH easier now I'd imagine its broken.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
That sudden "SERVERS COMING DOWN ANY MINUTE FOR EMERGENCY PATCH" Message sure made the GoD race interesting.

We had just started Uuoqa, in the gas chamber and had to decide if we wanted to risk it after being told there would be no countdown/warning. Basically, if we beat a boss but failed to beat the instance in time we would be screwed with lockouts ect, race would be be over. So we burned through that and made it, killed cyno in OW and had to make the same choice for Inktua. Decided to say fuck it and give it a go. Right as we have literally just began to start the Cursecallers we see a message "12 mins till server down LOG OUT NOW" Just as half our clerics explode. Somehow we beat this. Then immediately go on to attack the final boss right away with our raid mostly unbuffed and OOM. Beat him with 3 minutes to go... whew..

I had always played in a more casual guild prior to this on Aradune. I gotta admit say it was way more fun racing to beat the xpac then I had expected. Thanks to the AM guys for pushing us to keep up our pace ect.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
That sudden "SERVERS COMING DOWN ANY MINUTE FOR EMERGENCY PATCH" Message sure made the GoD race interesting.

We had just started Uuoqa, in the gas chamber and had to decide if we wanted to risk it after being told there would be no countdown/warning. Basically, if we beat a boss but failed to beat the instance in time we would be screwed with lockouts ect, race would be be over. So we burned through that and made it, killed cyno in OW and had to make the same choice for Inktua. Decided to say fuck it and give it a go. Right as we have literally just began to start the Cursecallers we see a message "12 mins till server down LOG OUT NOW" Just as half our clerics explode. Somehow we beat this. Then immediately go on to attack the final boss right away with our raid mostly unbuffed and OOM. Beat him with 3 minutes to go... whew..

I had always played in a more casual guild prior to this on Aradune. I gotta admit say it was way more fun racing to beat the xpac then I had expected. Thanks to the AM guys for pushing us to keep up our pace ect.
Ive looked at a ton of stuff for GoD and really cant wait to play it for the first time. Too bad Mischief ruleset has tainted me and Id just be annoyed at the drop rates of regular EQ now.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Ive looked at a ton of stuff for GoD and really cant wait to play it for the first time. Too bad Mischief ruleset has tainted me and Id just be annoyed at the drop rates of regular EQ now.
Yeah, the randomized and "bonus" drops of Mischief is something I can't ever come back from. I've seen too much and can't go back now.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sterling

El Presidente
GoD might be my favorite TLP expansion at least through SoD which is where Phinny was before Selo stoled me. I suspect I'd have really enjoyed UF as well, but still GoD is amazing.

• 1Like

Zaide

TLP Idealist
GoD is one of my favorite expansions, I can’t wait to see it on Mischief. Sucks that PoP is so awful on TLP though.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I should caveat that I hate PoP outside of TLP too but on TLP you beat it in 2 days and then realistically you’re just farming Time for all of PoP and LDoN.
Yeah, figured it was length related, since that tends to be my biggest complaint with it as well. I actually love PoP from a boxing/grouping standpoint, but it's just way too fucking long, especially when you throw in LDoN on top of it.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
PoP and also Omens have a weird impact on TLP where they kind of make all prior content pointless. At the end of PoP/LDoN and Omens/DoN you’re nearly bis on all active raiders. Anguish is especially easy to deep split and you do it for 5 months too.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
If I remember correctly, they count LDoN as a separate expansion too so it makes PoP last way too long.

Yep. You get three months of PoP and then two months of PoP + LDoN. Even Mischief is getting three months of PoP and one month of LDoN. It's just too fucking long.