Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Do they allow race changes on TLPs? I'm thinking of playing Monk instead of SK, but I'd rather be an Iksar.

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
On launch day a few hours before servers are scheduled to go live I'm probably going to drop a dump of small techniques and exploits you can use to help you during the grind on these servers. I'll also include a list of the new ZEMs and some mob HP parses for you guys. Dropping it the day of to avoid any last minute "fixes".

Looking forward to it.

giphy.gif

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
What? Don't they not getdefnt at pulling until PoP?

Yeah, the one thing they're lacking is a way to drop aggro... but everything else is basically better than a monk and a monk's DPS completely eclipses a bard. You can lull 4-5 mobs. You can mez and charm and snare to help manage incoming. In a group, it's a very active playstyle if you want to do it well. In a raid, a lot of the time, most bards are just melody bots for the most part.

This is just my experience and from what I've seen in other groups... I'm sure some would have a monk pull over a bard but I generally think that way is slower in most situations. Or if your group really needs mana, I can see the bard staying at camp. Otherwise, it seems suboptimal.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
This is an image I saw in discord and I think it's pretty accurate:

1589773786025.png

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Yeah, the one thing they're lacking is a way to drop aggro... but everything else is basically better than a monk and a monk's DPS completely eclipses a bard. You can lull 4-5 mobs. You can mez and charm and snare to help manage incoming. In a group, it's a very active playstyle if you want to do it well. In a raid, a lot of the time, most bards are just melody bots for the most part.

This is just my experience and from what I've seen in other groups... I'm sure some would have a monk pull over a bard but I generally think that way is slower in most situations. Or if your group really needs mana, I can see the bard staying at camp. Otherwise, it seems suboptimal.
Well shit, I can train the fuck out of a group

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Vedette

<Donor>
Someone needs to start another petition for bard aoe to make a come back. The excuse they gave felt like total horse shit about it tanking server/zone performance. It still makes shit weird in your low levels when your only dot stops working because the mop is fleeing, and it's up to your bard melee dps to take it down. If nothing else, think of the drama this would produce.

The main things other then pulling is the CC for a bard. Bind cycle through targets, and toggle last target, it takes practice, but eventually you will get really good at swapping for multiple mezzes. I've always thought about playing an enchanter because I assume it's very similar play style. It seems like more down time, filled with bed shitting moments when charm breaks, and fizzles on recast.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
Druids super common on these? Having trouble deciding between that and Wizard
Not especially common, but there's going to be a decent amount of everything because there's just a lot of people in general. Like they won't be rare the way Paladins and Rogues will be, but they're not going to be everywhere like monks and enchanters either.

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
Druids super common on these? Having trouble deciding between that and Wizard

Druids are super common in general but ones that want to raid main are rarer. Thing is they are a versatile class but aren't really great at anything, they can heal a group usually but struggle to keep a chanter pet up without running oom. If somebody dies better hope you have a pally tank or you're begging the group in next camp for a rez.

DPS wise they are pretty ordinary, their dots are nice on long fights but mobs in classic die long before they run full duration and they will run you oom very fast. Nukes are ok but nowhere near as good as a Wizard or Mage.

Probably only slightly less painful than rogues when it comes to finding a group if you don't have friends or a static.

There will be shitload running around on day one because they don't need gear and they make excellent port and/or PL bots. By week 4 there will be a million melee twinks leveling up with 50 druids oog.

• 1Like

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Druids are super common in general but ones that want to raid main are rarer. Thing is they are a versatile class but aren't really great at anything, they can heal a group usually but struggle to keep a chanter pet up without running oom. If somebody dies better hope you have a pally tank or you're begging the group in next camp for a rez.

DPS wise they are pretty ordinary, their dots are nice on long fights but mobs in classic die long before they run full duration and they will run you oom very fast. Nukes are ok but nowhere near as good as a Wizard or Mage.

Probably only slightly less painful than rogues when it comes to finding a group if you don't have friends or a static.

There will be shitload running around on day one because they don't need gear and they make excellent port and/or PL bots. By week 4 there will be a million melee twinks leveling up with 50 druids oog.

Pretty much my experience as a druid main on Mangler. Loads of them around early on but most turn into port bots by the end of classic. I did many full raids where I was the only druid in the raid.

LFG situation can be kind of painful because you're really good in small groups but the current meta is all about a full groups with a charm pet, and you're just never going to be first choice for those because anything you can do, a cleric or wizard will do better. 9 out of 10 groups you do get will expect you to main heal so you're left wondering why you didn't roll a cleric with the proper tools for it in the first place. Not once was I invited to an AOE group.

On the upside, you're a decent soloer so at least you'll have something to do while LFG. You can pull off some pretty nice stunts outdoors because you're really good at getting shit under control as long as you can kite. Port money is pretty good until PoP comes out. Epic isn't particularly hard to do although the actual item is little more than a stat stick.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Are there any resources that describe common gearing paths for classic as you level? Or do people pretty much limp to 50 in full groups on the backs of pets and charmed mobs and then start farming BiS items?

I'm mostly just wondering if there's some really easy stuff to get when I find myself level 34 and still half-naked. I know about Search - EQitems - Items, spells and more but that's not really a list of super-easy stuff to farm at a given level.