Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
They've started working on the revamp to Necro dots and the first batch is on test. None of the lines they've tinkered with will impact TLPs at least through 65 it looks like but it's only the first set of changes.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Shit is about to get real Korrupt Korrupt
Cabdru in da hizzouse

Last edited:
  • 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Think I'm done.

EQ000021.jpg

Moved the playerwindow a touch and added some space for the 3 decimals on the AAxp numbers so they fit better. All 200+ icons are now 48x48. Added a better/higher rez Spell Book icon. Increased the font size of the spell book and added some more room.

Shiiiit, song buffs are still tiny. Guess I should update that as well.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Think I'm done.

View attachment 270457

Moved the playerwindow a touch and added some space for the 3 decimals on the AAxp numbers so they fit better. All 200+ icons are now 48x48. Added a better/higher rez Spell Book icon. Increased the font size of the spell book and added some more room.

Shiiiit, song buffs are still tiny. Guess I should update that as well.
Just wait until they make some tiny change that completely fucks up all your alterations.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Necro charm is great but you go ench cleric because you want the res and complete heal, and since you’re not a shaman you want the clarity. Plus you got the slow and theft of thought where necros don’t get undead slow until pop. Necros are great for efreeti, but will focus be in at classic or not until luclin? Then you’d go like ench cleric or ench mage and do fire giants.

Kinda funny they’re finally doing the dots, how long has it been? Ay yi yi.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Is there any UI with a targeting ring that spins? Always wanted a spinning target ring.

Looks like chanter (my choice) is going to be the most-played class on this TLP, more or less one for every static. On Selo the same thing happened, I decided to go SK and it turned out to be one of, if not the most-played class on the server at launch IIRC. One of these servers I'll pick something no one else is playing to be special, like rogue. There's no way they'll get popular. Then I'll log on and see rogues everywhere like a plague of locusts

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Not sure what you count as bombing but I expect Aradune to be massively popular at least through PoP. I doubt it will reach live but basically zero TLPs besides Phinny and Selo will reach live with any guilds left.

There are already over ten guilds recruiting pre launch, several are “super guilds” with 150+ members already.

The interesting thing about Phinny and Selo reaching live is that it'll happen at almost the same time. We'll be able to compare the health of both at that point. Phinny being around a lot longer means you'd think it would have more entropy setting in with the population by then, but we'll see.

Sterling

El Presidente
The interesting thing about Phinny and Selo reaching live is that it'll happen at almost the same time. We'll be able to compare the health of both at that point. Phinny being around a lot longer means you'd think it would have more entropy setting in with the population by then, but we'll see.
more entropy but a much bigger starting population.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
How'd you do that?

If you press the same button repeatedly on multiple computers (I think two suffices) all accounts present get booted out of the game (even a third account where you aren't pressing anything). The kicker is that this boot is immediate and completely removes you from the game, unlike /q or /ex, meaning you can use it to escape from a wipe or whatever else.

ver_21

Molten Core Raider
Sabbat Sabbat I've noticed that some custom UIs don't let me manually reposition the target window--I only get preset options of top, bottom, left, right, and center. Someone told me "Click Through" is enabled for this window. Is there something specific that I can look for in the XML to disable Click Through and manually reposition?

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
If you press the same button repeatedly on multiple computers (I think two suffices) all accounts present get booted out of the game (even a third account where you aren't pressing anything). The kicker is that this boot is immediate and completely removes you from the game, unlike /q or /ex, meaning you can use it to escape from a wipe or whatever else.

Ah that explains why I didn't die despite charm killing.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
EQ000024.jpg

Top right window has Click Through enabled. I've actually got no idea what that window is called, it's the window that game wide stuff like the Gnome Race shows up in.

However, what you're probably looking for in the Target window is:

Code:
    <Style_ClientMovable>false</Style_ClientMovable>
    <Escapable>false</Escapable>

Change to:

Code:
    <Style_ClientMovable>True</Style_ClientMovable>
    <Escapable>false</Escapable>

Does this help?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Sabbat Sabbat You've inspired me to tweak my UI for the upcoming Aradune launch.

You can see my UI in action in my vids, here's a recent one:

In this the EQUI_PlayerWindow.xml for my war/ber are all modded to basically just be hp+sta (and icons for combat status + parcel stuff + group roles), and using my redbackground behind the green health bar. In that vid the shaman's player window is unmodified Sparxx. I always wanted to do something similar for my casters but never got around to it.

I did something similar for my casters and boosted the size of the pet gauge in it to high hell based on how people are talking about giving charmed pets gear (which will poof if you fuck up and let your pet die to a mob).

I also changed the ETW HP bars to green and set ETW slots 5+ to have red backgrounds.

1589672150952.png

I find that when boxing or really, just playing this crazy game, it's easy to lose focus of critical things like HP levels of your boxes/pets, so having all the important HP gauges be green with bright red backgrounds makes any damage they take really jump out at you. I also find most of the extraneous stuff in player/group windows to be kind of useless, so I get rid of it and just make bars massive. I like feeling that emotional alarm the second a mob hits my box and his shit starts going red.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Seeing this reminds me that I'll have to deal with the Advanced Loot windows again. For some reason I prefer the p99 classic one.

How much faster will the exp be compared to p99?

• 2Seriously?
Reactions: 1 users

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Seeing this reminds me that I'll have to deal with the Advanced Loot windows again. For some reason I prefer the p99 classic one.

How much faster will the exp be compared to p99?

Like twice as fast solo. Like 5 times as fast grouped.