Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

Zaide

TLP Idealist
What he do? My pitchfork is ready.

torches.jpg

Maul

Dental Dammer

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
What is even happening here, teleporting to pick up items?

Yep. Ground spawn keys for VP. They would just TP to the spot and pick it up as soon as it spawned to stop others. If you dropped stuff on the ground, they would see a "ground spawn" and warp to you to get it.

It actually would just disappear and you wouldn't see the warpers there. But if you kept dropping items farther and further away, the logic got messed up and took them above the texture so you could see who it was.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
I really hope they don't fuck up this server like usual. I'm actually genuinely excited about playing on the Aradune server. It's been a while since I have been this excited about a new server.

I have two concerns.

1. They will fuck up day one of the server like they always do. I'm taking off work Wed, Thu, and Fri just because I need a damn vacation from work anyway, and figured it would be a good way to get a fresh start on the new server. Here's to hoping that we actually get to play on Wednesday without servers crashing, login server being locked, etc for the majority of the day.

2. They will fuck up their code for detecting if you are playing more than 2 accounts per person. First off, I don't even understand how they would be able to tell that the four accounts coming from one household is being played by two people. My career is programming, and I can't think of a logical way to determine that programmatically without some big assumptions. Plain and simple, there is no code that is going to figure that out correctly 100% of the time. I wouldn't worry about it, BUT these are the same people that managed to fuck up the truebox code back on Phinigel that lead to my family not getting to play together anymore after a patch during the Shadows of Luclin expansion. After dedicating a shit ton of time on that server, it fucking sucked to get kicked out of the game every time we played in the same group/raid.

And, expecting to get any level of competent customer service out of them after they way they treated us with that truebox issue on Phinigel, yeah no fucking way that's happening. Instead of admitting their fucking code was not working correctly, they just called anyone that was being affected by it a cheater. So, excuse me if I don't fucking trust a thing that comes out of the mouths of DBG/DPG employees. They don't give a fuck about their customers.

Other than that, yeah I am excited about Aradune. Let's hope they don't fuck it up like usual.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I would think most of it will be manual observation by a GM to determine family type situations

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Unless you are planning to farm items for RMT then bots wont be an issue for you on any server.

Give up the goods homey how you running boxes on one PC? Virtual Machine through a VPN? How to get MQ2 to work though?

YttriumF

The Karenist Karen
<Silver Donator>
1. They will fuck up day one of the server like they always do. I'm taking off work Wed, Thu, and Fri just because I need a damn vacation from work anyway, and figured it would be a good way to get a fresh start on the new server. .....

Pharone Pharone I do not recommend this ... go for Thu, Fri and the following Mon instead. Day one is for racing teams, competitive guild statics, folks with automated login scripting, etc. There will probably be some DDoS and other stupidity too ... because some jerks just have to be jerks when the server goes live.

Edit: Added Pharone

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Looking at race/diety selection for my cle/enc duo. How useful is the Defender of the Faithful Heart shield with its Primal Essence clicky?

Defender of the Faithful Heart
MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM NO TRADE PLACEABLE
Slot: SECONDARY
Charges: Unlimited
AC: 35
This item is placeable in yards, guild yards, houses and guild halls.
STR: +5 DEX: +5 WIS: +10 HP: +15
SV DISEASE: +15 SV POISON: +15
Effect: Primal Essence (Any Slot/Can Equip, Casting Time: 13.5) at Level 50
WT: 7.0 Size: MEDIUM
Class: CLR PAL DRU SHM
Race: ALL except DEF TRL OGR IKS VAH
Slot 1, Type 7 (General: Group)
Slot 2, Type 20 (Ornamentation)

Primal Essence
3: Increase STA by 20
5: Increase AGI by 20
6: Increase STR by 20
7: Increase DEX by 20

Is that +20 stats basically nothing on a charmed pet, or is it worth getting?

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
Stamina doesn't effect pets at all, IIRC. I tested it on my shaman pet a lot and nothing changed. Maybe it's like 1 sta = 1h hp deal so still pretty much worthless.

I shouldn't tell you this, but you charmer bois better only give your pet one weapon or you'll fucking die on breaks. They DW if you give them one weapon as a pet and don't DW when charm breaks if they only have one weapon. If you give them two weapons they DW charmed and uncharmed and will hurt your butts real, real bad.

• 5Like
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 5 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
This was one of the unfinished Kunark quests which developers were able to fix and fully implement on servers. I think they did it back in like 2017.
Yeah that's what I've heard.

I feel like there's a whole bunch of parsed data on charm pets, I just don't know which communities have it. TLP is so different from live, it's so competitive and nobody shares stuff publicly.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I feel like there's a whole bunch of parsed data on charm pets, I just don't know which communities have it. TLP is so different from live, it's so competitive and nobody shares stuff publicly.

Varies wildly depending on what pet you use but generally charm pets are about 3-4x the DPS of a Mage pet from an equivalent level Mage. There are some leet charm mobs that are far better than that but they tend to get nerfed when discovered by more than a few people.

Uliadyen

Golden Knight of the Realm
Looking at race/diety selection for my cle/enc duo. How useful is the Defender of the Faithful Heart shield with its Primal Essence clicky?

As mentioned for charm pets, negligible if any effect. As for regular players/raiders, it was nice to have for the extra stats when I didn't have a shaman around. However, on raids I found it a little tedious just because I'd be asked for PE while prepping for CH Rots, buffing or medding. Then again, I'm just lazy lol.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
There's not a ton of shit to do in Kunark so you're probably going to do those quests because why the fuck not it's Kunark and there's ten weeks left.

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Varies wildly depending on what pet you use but generally charm pets are about 3-4x the DPS of a Mage pet from an equivalent level Mage. There are some leet charm mobs that are far better than that but they tend to get nerfed when discovered by more than a few people.

Cant dispell peoples charm pets anymore either... Sad times

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
Yerm,

as a fellow necro bro I figured you would know this- what’s the status of dot line?

same shit Or did we get druided?