Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
You became OP and thus will get an over reaction nerf in a few patches. Only applies to the level 70+ game, though.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Yerm,

as a fellow necro bro I figured you would know this- what’s the status of dot line?

same shit Or did we get druided?

They consolidated several of the dot lines so they wouldn't stack with themselves. Instead of casting the best couple of dots in a line you just cast one. The changes that got implemented are not complete and thus far none of them will impact anything from 1 to 65.

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
Yeah that's what I've heard.

I feel like there's a whole bunch of parsed data on charm pets, I just don't know which communities have it. TLP is so different from live, it's so competitive and nobody shares stuff publicly.

It's more like lots of anecdotal experience from hundred of chanters from multiple TLPs, ask around a bit and there's usually a consensus on which mobs make the best pets in each zone.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Stamina doesn't effect pets at all, IIRC. I tested it on my shaman pet a lot and nothing changed. Maybe it's like 1 sta = 1h hp deal so still pretty much worthless.

I shouldn't tell you this, but you charmer bois better only give your pet one weapon or you'll fucking die on breaks. They DW if you give them one weapon as a pet and don't DW when charm breaks if they only have one weapon. If you give them two weapons they DW charmed and uncharmed and will hurt your butts real, real bad.

1589934968142.png

A few questions:

Any must-have chanter items in classic or Kunark?

Is the enc epic 1.0 worth doing? ...I mean, what else are you gonna do with all that time

Can you pre-finish most of the enc epic 1.0 in classic like some other classes can with theirs?

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
View attachment 271230

A few questions:

Is the enc epic 1.0 worth doing? ...I mean, what else are you gonna do with all that time

Can you pre-finish most of the enc epic 1.0 in classic like some other classes can with theirs?

Chanter Epic is the most heavily contested, poopsocked, cockblocked, bottlenecked epic of all classes and it's arguably not even that great. The click on it is

Speed of the Shissar

Description
1: Increase Attack Speed by 66%
2: Increase AGI by 40
6: Increase AC by 12

Compared to the haste buff they get normally at level 60

Visions of Grandeur

Description
1: Increase Attack Speed by 58%
2: Increase AGI by 40
3: Increase DEX by 25
4: Increase ATK by 20

The extra haste % makes it seem better but keep in mind that unless I'm mistaken the max combined worn + spell haste in that era is 100% so anyone with more than 30% worn haste isn't going to benefit anyway.

It's a status symbol, and a stat stick mostly, it looks cool, but will be quite difficult to achieve in era without heavy guild support and a lot of empty socks.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser

Disclaimer - I have never had the discipline to maintain a set of pet items. Ever. I always lose this shit. I know people that can hold on to the same Steel Flint Hilted Dagger for goddamn ever while I'm tearing through a fucking bag of Adamantite Bands.

petitems.png

edit - a charmed pet will only wear one ring

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Disclaimer - I have never had the discipline to maintain a set of pet items. Ever. I always lose this shit. I know people that can hold on to the same Steel Flint Hilted Dagger for goddamn ever while I'm tearing through a fucking bag of Adamantite Bands.

View attachment 271237

edit - a charmed pet will only wear one ring

Are you saying there's ways to get the items back after you've given them to your pet?

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
In a controlled environment like an instanced raid you can usually play Pretty Princess Dress Up with your pet if that's something you're in to. Some people just thrive on pushing the envelope.

Sterling

El Presidente
you also want 2 Gold Plated Koshigatana if you're in the Hole because of the proc. give them shits to that rock golem and go to town.

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
Just don't give the pet anything you will be overly upset about losing, if the healer is asleep at the wheel and the pet dies to another mob you lose the stuff.

I remember some guy having an epic meltdown in general chat on Phinny because he lost a bunch of gear that way. Don't be that guy

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
The idea of playing dress up with a charm pet and riding that line to real gear loss on a fuck up is super exciting. I haven't had the potentitial for gear loss in EQ in twenty years

DickTrickle

I was in Chardok and dire charmed some pet at the entrance. In comes this druid crying about how that was previously his pet and had a ton of stuff on it. I wasn't troll enough to kill and loot or otherwise fuck with him but I should have... it wasted my DC timer for an hour!

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The idea of playing dress up with a charm pet and riding that line to real gear loss on a fuck up is super exciting. I haven't had the potentitial for gear loss in EQ in twenty years

It can get pretty ridiculous.

petitems2.png

Jumpy Robe, Steel Hilted Flint Dagger, Sarnak Summoner's Dagger on something you're also buffing can yield some shit that straight up explodes you on a break. It's glorious.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Sterling

El Presidente
that's dipping into kunark, telling you those naggy pokers on a rock golem is the real thing in the hole.

DickTrickle

Been messing around with the UI today with EQ down. I changed my short duration and regular buff windows to show much less buffs (since we're capped much lower in this era on Mangler).

When I load the skin, they look correct and seem to function correctly, but I get a red text warning and the following errors in the UIErrors.txt (one for each slot I removed).

[Tue May 19 23:27:48 2020] Error: Could not find child Buff39 in window BuffWindow

[Tue May 19 23:27:48 2020] Error: Could not find child Buff40 in window BuffWindow

[Tue May 19 23:27:48 2020] Error: Could not find child Buff41 in window BuffWindow

[Tue May 19 23:27:48 2020] Error: Could not find child Buff13 in window ShortDurationBuffWindow

[Tue May 19 23:27:48 2020] Error: Could not find child Buff14 in window ShortDurationBuffWindow

Is this something I should be concerned about? I can't find any references to these BuffXX that I've deleted except in that log. Has anyone else shortened the buff windows and resolved this?