Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
What strategies/tricks do people have for getting logged in and staying logged in when the servers are trashed?

On Live it seemed like the login server would go down more frequently than any of the game servers so when it goes down you just try not to get booted. It also seemed like the world was bifurcated where if you zoned into some set of zones you'd get booted so you had to avoid them.

Word

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Unless I missed it, are they not opening up character creation prior to server launch? You think they would have learned by now.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

SDsurfer

Trakanon Raider
Launch day is going to be a shit show with all the server issues they are experiencing. I was contemplating playing a Paladin/Mage combo since I enjoy the leveling/grouping aspect, but everyday on Twitter I see servers are down for hours and days. It's giving me second thoughts.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Maybe their next TLP they can hire some new people and advertise "now with real competent developers and ops!"

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
What strategies/tricks do people have for getting logged in and staying logged in when the servers are trashed?

On Live it seemed like the login server would go down more frequently than any of the game servers so when it goes down you just try not to get booted. It also seemed like the world was bifurcated where if you zoned into some set of zones you'd get booted so you had to avoid them.

If world is down, all other zones will be down as you need to talk to world once you change zones.

The process goes like this when hitting a zoneline in live:

Client requsts zoning out -> server sends request to other zone -> other zone replies with data saying you're accepted or not and forwards that back to zone you transfer from -> zone either accepts or rejects the request -> zone forwards response to client -> client sends logout packets to zone acknowledging travel -> client sends login request to world with 'zoning' flag set, which tells world not to send it all other data -> world sends new zoneserver info, if not present you are kicked to character select, if world is unable to fetch characters you are kicked to login -> your client accepts new zone info --> if client is unable to connect, it freezes indefinitely until timeout -> server sends zone header information which contains information like gravity -> client acknowledges this, sends request for player information -> player information is sent to client which then can reject it if it's unavailable or an invalid crc, which will freeze the client indefinitely -> client accepts playerprofile, requests for world switches (doors, ground spawns, other spawns etc) -> server sends world objects, -> client acknowledges world objects, sends a 'client ready packet' -> client is sent remainder of non-critical data (pet name, pet status, AAs, etc) -> server replies last with the same 'client ready packet' last which makes you able to move around ingame and allows the server to send all normal data that's not part of the zoning process after.

The zoning process is extremely fragile and there's only like fail conditions for like 2-3 of those steps failing.

Also this doesn't include server initiated requests for players to zone. I believe on emu for a while (and maybe still live) you could actually reject the zone change packets incoming on the client and be stuck in the position the server requested you to zone at. For example, if you didn't 'go to your home zone' after dying, you would literally just appear back in the spot you died at or potentially the safe coords in the zone, depending on what part you closed the connection on.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
dreamweaver
Community Manager
New

We're going to unlock the servers at Noon (12 PM PDT) this coming Wednesday May 27, 2020. Also you only have a few days left for the current packs that are on the marketplace, they will be coming down on 5/27 as well at 9 AM and will be replaced with new offerings. So get them while the get'in's good.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Kharzette Kharzette DickTrickle DickTrickle Did you guys ever see a way in the UI to tie clicks to spells like so many addons do for WoW healing? Left click the unit frame = Greater Healing, etc?

I haven't heard of that either. Whatsa unit frame? I think the only mod I used in my brief time in the land of azerderp was quest helper or something?

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
What's with this UI fag speak? Original or nothing!

FireFlux.jpg

• 5Like
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 6 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Mage epic 1.0 can fuck right off.
Not sure about on TLP but i was amazed at how much harder the mage epic was than every other epic I've done. I think ive done everything but nec, wiz, enc, dru, pal and sk.

Sterling

El Presidente
Not sure about on TLP but i was amazed at how much harder the mage epic was than every other epic I've done. I think ive done everything but nec, wiz, enc, dru, pal and sk.
So you skipped basically all the hard ones. Nice. Mage is definitely on the harder end of the spectrum but it doesn't have the real shitty bottlenecks like wiz and enchanter have.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user