Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Buddy is gonna box, I'm gonna play a single character.

Group comp with my buddy is gonna be Warrior, Cleric, Ranger, or Warrior, Bard, Druid.

Ranger or Druid are the 2 classes that I've been debating against. After reading so much negative about the Druid, and just the reality of what they are in the last few pages of posts, I'm really leaning towards Ranger. Whenever I play a caster, I tend to eventually start to hate the "delay" in casting a spell to do anything. Melee hit attack and immediately are doing damage, and that's nice.

The other option is Warrior, Bard, Cleric, and I just main the Cleric, which I've never done before. I know they start out slow, and my life would be CH rotations, but maybe that's not a bad thing.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Okay, new UI question. I have the following so far in trying to increase my group window gauge:

View attachment 271330

Two problems thus far (mana/sta I haven't gotten to yet):

1) I can't get the name font size to increase.
2) The damn borders on the top and bottom are super fat and I don't know what controls that.

Any ideas?

Code:
<Gauge item="GW_Gauge5">
    <ScreenID>Gauge5</ScreenID>
    <Text>Party Member 5</Text>
    <TextColor>
      <R>0</R>
      <G>0</G>
      <B>0</B>
    </TextColor>
    <RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition>
    <Location>
      <X>2</X>
      <Y>300</Y>
    </Location>
    <Size>
      <CX>250</CX>
      <CY>55</CY>
    </Size>
    <TextOffsetY>20</TextOffsetY>
    <TextOffsetX>5</TextOffsetX>
    <GaugeOffsetY>1</GaugeOffsetY>
    <Style_VScroll>false</Style_VScroll>
    <Style_HScroll>false</Style_HScroll>
    <Style_Transparent>false</Style_Transparent>
    <FillTint>
      <R>0</R>
      <G>255</G>
      <B>0</B>
    </FillTint>
    <LinesFillTint>
      <R>220</R>
      <G>220</G>
      <B>0</B>
    </LinesFillTint>
    <DrawLinesFill>false</DrawLinesFill>
    <EQType>15</EQType>
    <GaugeDrawTemplate>
      <Background>A_GaugeBackground</Background>
      <Fill>A_GaugeFill</Fill>
      <Lines>A_GaugeLines</Lines>
      <LinesFill>A_GaugeLinesFill</LinesFill>
      <EndCapLeft>A_GaugeEndCapLeft</EndCapLeft>
      <EndCapRight>A_GaugeEndCapRight</EndCapRight>
    </GaugeDrawTemplate>
    <Font>5</Font>
    <GaugeOffsetX>-1</GaugeOffsetX>
    <TextOffsetY>-1</TextOffsetY>
  </Gauge>

If I remove Background and EndCaps, I get all the gray removed. I am thinking that must be an image that is getting stretched and that's why it's looking the way it does.

Rough guess:

Code:
    <Font>7</Font>  <!-- add this line -->
    <TextColor>

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Rough guess:

Code:
    <Font>7</Font>  <!-- add this line -->
    <TextColor>
That's on there, just at the bottom. Any value doesn't change it. It's odd. I think I'll try messing with the default UI and see if I can get to change in case it's something with the sparxx UI.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
It's more than possible that the font in that window is hard coded. Like the stack sizes and buff durations, I haven't found something to change that yet. So I'm believing it's hard coded for the moment.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I remember the names above the group members health bars in mine wouldn't change. It was a gauge so I changed it to a label, but that made it not respond to clicks.

• 1Solidarity

DickTrickle

That's useful information, thanks both of you. I was thinking of changing it to a label but not having it be clickable would be a real pain.

This is what I've got so far and I'm fairly happy with it, though I'm starting to realize it was probably a mistake starting from the bottom and working my way up... if my numbers are off, I'll have to readjust everything :p

1590012265930.png

You guys know if you can change the background of the fill bar? I tried editing the tga file where the bar is (to be red), but it looked all fucked up. I wonder if there is an easier way or if I'll have to try and mucker with the tga file again. I'd like it so that the default is red if a player is in group (so at full health it will be all green but otherwise the red represents lost health).

Tuco Tuco Can you share your group and player window files?

your_mum

Trakanon Raider
ench/cler duo is the best when it comes to charming. dont ever use druid cause hes useless until psuedo-CH, and even then its still terrible compared to a clerics CH. snare dont mean shit when you start to fight mobs who summon, or you have to play in close quarters. tho in classic->veliousish you dont fight many mobs who summon or are immune to pbaoe stun.

if you want to be a boss and do actual hard ass shit with an enchanter by yourself you need a trio unfortunately. ench/cler/(brd/bl/mage/sk) the reason is because charm breaks + summon = your enchanter is dead. so the problem is, are you afraid more of your pet or of the thing you're fighting?

the 3rd box comes into play if you're in this situation. bard can be used if you're more likely to be owned by your pet on a charm break because the bard can mezz-roll the pet so as soon as it breaks its mezzed, and all you gotta do is deal with whatever you were fighting. for bl/mage you just sick pet on w/e you are fighting and on a charm break the mob you're fighting will attack the pet while your enchanter's old pet summons the enchanter and you just need to deal with recharm. sk is probably the best but then you're maining a sk and whatever you're killing has to be tanked by the sk.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
That's useful information, thanks both of you. I was thinking of changing it to a label but not having it be clickable would be a real pain.

This is what I've got so far and I'm fairly happy with it, though I'm starting to realize it was probably a mistake starting from the bottom and working my way up... if my numbers are off, I'll have to readjust everything :p

View attachment 271582

You guys know if you can change the background of the fill bar? I tried editing the tga file where the bar is (to be red), but it looked all fucked up. I wonder if there is an easier way or if I'll have to try and mucker with the tga file again. I'd like it so that the default is red if a player is in group (so at full health it will be all green but otherwise the red represents lost health).

Tuco Tuco Can you share your group and player window files?
tbh I don't know why every healer in EQ doesn't want that red background on the health bars that I use.
Code:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=16MYEo3SWrqoyARJSWL5D_Vc2dAl8e_WT

• 1Solidarity

porkchop sandwiches

Potato del Grande
Does anyone know how strict or good daybreak's VM detection is? My only laptop is a MacBook and I use Parallels VM on there for when I played P99. Ran great. I've heard that they have truebox detection code that looks for VM's and I don't wanna catch a ban.

Sterling

El Presidente
Does anyone know how strict or good daybreak's VM detection is? My only laptop is a MacBook and I use Parallels VM on there for when I played P99. Ran great. I've heard that they have truebox detection code that looks for VM's and I don't wanna catch a ban.
There have been people banned for VMs but it's not very common.

DickTrickle

tbh I don't know why every healer in EQ doesn't want that red background on the health bars that I use.
Code:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=16MYEo3SWrqoyARJSWL5D_Vc2dAl8e_WT

Thanks a lot... already looking at it's answering some things I've been curious about. Much obliged! You might consider putting it up on EQinterface.

Edit: For example, I just love the UI design where the Y location has to be negative to get the first gauge to align with the top of the window without a bunch of wasted space.

• 1Like

DickTrickle

Got things looking how I wanted them. Pretty happy with it overall. Might tweak the colors some so they're not so bold.

yay3.png

Last edited:

DickTrickle

Also just realized if you simply make the buff windows smaller on the Y-axis, it will hide all the extra buffs too. A little less work than zeroing out sizes on all the elements.

Edit: Handy for extended target window too for TLP (thought you have to make a couple other minor changes to get it right there).

Last edited:

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Got things looking how I wanted them. Pretty happy with it overall. Might tweak the colors some so they're not so bold.

View attachment 271664
Lookin good, bud. Though i wouldn't use red for depleted endurance and mana. There are only so many colors to go around and you don't want it looking like a clown took a shit in your group window, but you also don't want to be distracted by a red bar when your group is full of health. Just my personal preference though.

You might also want to increase the size of the pet health bars. A charmed mob that has twenty hours of farmed gear on it might be the most important thing to keep alive :D

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
If you do both a label and a gauge, and put the label first in the pieces, the names become clickable. I left the text in so you could see the gauge text.
EQ000719.jpg

• 1Solidarity

DickTrickle

Lookin good, bud. Though i wouldn't use red for depleted endurance and mana. There are only so many colors to go around and you don't want it looking like a clown took a shit in your group window, but you also don't want to be distracted by a red bar when your group is full of health. Just my personal preference though.

You might also want to increase the size of the pet health bars. A charmed mob that has twenty hours of farmed gear on it might be the most important thing to keep alive :D

Yeah, I might end up with some different colors on those bars and make Mana bigger. Will see what playing with them is like.

I'm staying on mangler and while I occasionally charm, I don't do the crazy full kit out. On pop level mobs, it's too much dps to stay on top of, especially when boxing six without assistive software.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It blows my mind that EQ Interface is still up and running when more recent MMO resource sites are gathering dust.

Vert Green was pretty solid.