Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Skip it. You can use the vendor pets until 50 in groups. There is no reason to buy the 20'ish research pets since you out level them in hours.

If you care enough, I think the vendor for 20 and 24 mage pets is in OOT still, and sells all types.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Got to 15 in two good play sessions so far inbetween queues and RL, having a ton of fun.

Me (enc/cle) and my dad (nec) can breeze through the content easily enough in our trash-gear and getting random PUGs brings some spontaneity to it. We got in with a trio of really terrible players earlier today.

I'm wondering if it wouldn't be fun to add a bit of structure to our play by hunting down specific mob drops and leveling by farming gear.

Other than doing what we know, I'm not sure if there's a good way to find what the best gear drops are per class for a given level that we are unlikely to replace for a while.

I figure looking at a zone we know we can do, like Befallen:

Or using Allakhazam's gear search:

Or by using eqitems to search for stuff:

Or looking at data from p99:

I guess it all doesn't matter, but could be fun trying to do focus on gear while I get levels instead of just grinding shit to 50 and then getting BiS group gear

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Louis

Trakanon Raider
It really is a wide spectrum of what types of players you will find in pickup groups.

My last 2 groups were a group that was locking down frenzy, lord, and most of executioner. Every one playing their class at a higher teir. Group right before that was a god damn nightmare with so many wipes.

It makes me wonder how some are even capable of getting to the 40's so quickly while being completely lost.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
It really is a wide spectrum of what types of players you will find in pickup groups.

My last 2 groups were a group that was locking down frenzy, lord, and most of executioner. Every one playing their class at a higher teir. Group right before that was a god damn nightmare with so many wipes.

It makes me wonder how some are even capable of getting to the 40's so quickly while being completely lost.
Probably rose-tinted glasses but it felt like back in 1999 you'd be in a zone for days or weeks, getting to become an expert at the zone and knew everyone who was a regular there. Now you pop into a decent group in a zone, blow up every mob near you and before you even get a feel for the mob pathing you're off to the next zone. If you poop sock it's going to be pretty easy to get into a random group and just get carried for hours and hours.

Last edited:

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
I did Classic-Kunark on Vulak in 2011, then I did Classic - Underfoot on Test server in 2012-2014 and every summer that guild would go back and redo Classic - PoP. After that I did Classic-Kunark on Lockjaw (six months per expansion on that one), then I did Classic - Luclin on Agnarr, and I did Luclin launch on Selo, then came back during GoDish era and did GoD - PoR.

I enjoy most current TLP's but they're a massive time commitment which can take over your life easily. I want to play EQ without it being all I do every day so I find that it's best for me to play in short spurts like during server launches.

My ideal server would be like an Emulated server that was set up just for the purpose of racing 1-50 or 1-60. Basically they'd open the server for 3 weeks as a testbed and let anyone interested play on it and test zones, group content etc. Then on the 4th week they have a "launch" where it's wiped and everyone raced to max level with winners being declared in three categories, Solo, Duo and Full Group.

Once the race is over the server would close for a few weeks while they patched/tweaked all kinds of things like changing ZEMs, respawn rates, balancing classes / quests and drop rates etc. Then they'd open it up for a few weeks of testing and another race.

The idea is that this lets people play in a simulated "server launch" environment. It would be cool if there were prizes or something to motivate competitively minded groups to play hard.

Could do this with any era.

Launch to 50 / 60 / Vulak / PoP clear etc.

Lol, but we all know who runs EQ

• 1Solidarity

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Pretty sure I'm not in the most efficient groups, but the levels are coming. I say that because it feels like I should be further along. Today I went 4 hours on a pot and went 15-18, then the day before went 11-15, again 4 hours on a pot. Deaths, dealing with PuGs, etc I think are slowing the process down because I'm right in the thick of the curve, if not quite a bit behind it. Stuck with all the shitters.

Cyni

Lord Nagafen Raider
I was struggling in Upper Guk with 50 people per pick, every camp being killed, shitty groups etc. Went to Sol A today and got 22-29 in a single potion. Unreal xp and money in that zone, feels like cheating.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Crone

I was struggling in Upper Guk with 50 people per pick, every camp being killed, shitty groups etc. Went to Sol A today and got 22-29 in a single potion. Unreal xp and money in that zone, feels like cheating.
Yea, kinda feel that way about Crushbone, lol. Walked away from Crushbone at level 15 with like 55p. Thought that was pretty legit. Sol A is even better.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
LGuk gets really slow in the early 40's. Trying to decide if I want to go to Hole or OOT next (couple more levels until Allure) because even killing Hamlord + Frenzy + Exe and locking down the entire floor isn't doing it anymore.

Crone

LGuk gets really slow in the early 40's. Trying to decide if I want to go to Hole or OOT next (couple more levels until Allure) because even killing Hamlord + Frenzy + Exe and locking down the entire floor isn't doing it anymore.
You got your frog nostalgia fix. Time to move on!

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
You got your frog nostalgia fix. Time to move on!

It's true. I've gained an appreciation for Lower Guk and what a well-designed zone it is in the last couple of years. It's very much an old school dungeon-crawl. I wish it were a bit more viable all the way up to 50. It's funny because I hated Lower Guk for like 17 years.

I'd like to go straight to OOT but would have better charm options in Hole without Allure, so probably going there next.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
So, got distracted doing house projects today.

Are there certain classes that are EVERYWHERE VS classes that are underplayed?

Trying to decide what to play. Did a mage for a decade, played a healer for a bit.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So, got distracted doing house projects today.

Are there certain classes that are EVERYWHERE VS classes that are underplayed?

Trying to decide what to play. Did a mage for a decade, played a healer for a bit.

Shitloads of enchanters, mages and druids about. It's easier to level a caster first and then twink a melee later, as a result there are very few tanks around right now. Been levelling a warrior and it's instant invites any time. Tanking sucks early on though because you can't hold aggro, gear all sucks and you'll end up having to pull too because everyone else is a caster and medding.

It does change over time as people start making alts. There's not much to do once you hit level cap, so a lot of people will be levelling alts in the next few months. Low level groups become a lot harder to get once Luclin comes around and everyone is just grinding AA on their main.

This was posted on reddit the other day, pretty good summary of what to expect:

Assuming this server follows the path of previous Classic-launch TLPs:
  • Enchanters will be wildly overpopulated in Classic and near-impossible to find by Luclin.
  • There will be tons of druids, but few players will actually main one.
  • Monks will be over-represented in melee DPS due to imbalanced fist damage, but will maintain a healthy population through PoP.
  • Rogues will be relatively rare, but become steadily more common until PoP, where they'll level out (as % of total population).
  • Cleric population (as mains) will start strong and steadily fall over time, as people starting during later expansions are often stuck soloing for XP.
  • Most mages will be boxes in Classic/Kunark, but players who endure will box other classes by Velious/Luclin. The population of main mages will stay pretty steady.
  • Warriors will start strong in Classic but crash after a month and be underrepresented in Classic/Kunark as people realize they're just shitty knights. They'll gain in popularity and population as they get discs and aggro weapons until Pop, where they start to level out. Much higher percentage of mains than other classes.
  • Necromancers will get an initial bump thanks to solo capability and the DoT revamp (though I don't think it comes in to play until much, much later), but will fade as raiding necromancers get sick of resists and become mana bitches in Kunark.
  • Knights will be pretty steady throughout, with SKs outnumbering Paladins roughly 2:1.
  • Wizards also stay pretty steady.
  • Rangers will be a popular class which spikes in Luclin, but falls off after people get bored with autofire and one headshot every 20 minutes.
  • Shaman will be steady throughout and are probably one of the most powerful all around classes.
  • Bards will be one of the most boxed classes thanks to /follow and /melody, but main bards will always be preferred, especially once they can start pulling.
  • When Beastlords come in Luclin, many people will declare main changes and then quit by PoP.
(all references to population of classes are as a % of total player population)

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
Anyone want to bet on them releasing an Aradune 2 this week to try to resolve the queue issues? Hoping for a fragmented population right before the problem solves itself.

• 1Like

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
I have no fucking idea why i was hyped for this server. 2% exp per kill at level 2? fuck this

• 1Truth!
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users