Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The last time I did an sk/shm on a tlp, I pulled without the sk over half the time. Most of the time with pugs. But I'd make friends starting pulling on long camps because that shit gets mind numbing after a while.

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
Did they fix memblur/mez powerleveling? One of our group missed a day and fell behind the group xp limit so we were looking to bump him up a level to get back in. I thought you used to be able to nuke down the mobs, mez/blur them and have the ungrouped person finish it off for full xp? We couldn't get it to work so just had him tank with thorns.

Am I misremembering how to do it, or is it another thing they fixed?

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Did they fix memblur/mez powerleveling? One of our group missed a day and fell behind the group xp limit so we were looking to bump him up a level to get back in. I thought you used to be able to nuke down the mobs, mez/blur them and have the ungrouped person finish it off for full xp? We couldn't get it to work so just had him tank with thorns.

Am I misremembering how to do it, or is it another thing they fixed?
Mobs remember how much damage was done to them and by whom regardless of any mem blur. This is done to the prevent griefing over contested mobs. So, no, it doesn't work anymore.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

I'm talking about an unrest group with 3 mages a chanter and a cleric. The tank can pull.
Is that enchanter pet actually tanking? If not, it still doesn't make sense for the tank to pull. If it is, yeah it totally makes sense.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I am really bummed everyone keeps saying rogues are crap. I remember out dpsing monks with my Ragebringer all the time back in the day. Are they as bad as people say?

DickTrickle

I am really bummed everyone keeps saying rogues are crap. I remember out dpsing monks with my Ragebringer all the time back in the day. Are they as bad as people say?
They're not very good in classic and kunark. you start getting some really nice weapons in velious and that makes a huge difference. Monks hand-to-hand damage tables are a lot better than they were originally.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Uh, they are fine with Ragebringers, which is Kunark, which is 3 months away.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sterling

El Presidente
in classic with no gear? yes, they're bad. Geared up they're worse damage than monks generally for awhile and some expansions down the line they become better sustained but worse at burns. However their discs refresh much faster than a monk so they're at a bit of an advantage in zones where it's just boss right after boss.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
They're not very good in classic and kunark. you start getting some really nice weapons in velious and that makes a huge difference. Monks hand-to-hand damage tables are a lot better than they were originally.
Isn't there like 1 weapon in Velious that is better than epic for DPS, Tunare dagger?

• 1Like

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
Do we have an Aradune guild yet? Do we need to make one? If we do, someone throw me an invite please. Character name Horeb.

• 1Like

DickTrickle

Isn't there like 1 weapon in Velious that is better than epic for DPS, Tunare dagger?
That and vulak dagger. Both are main hand upgrades over ragebringer, by far.

Edit: maybe it was luck but we got a ton of tunare daggers on mangler. given how few rogues there are I would expect that many would have an upgraded weapon in velious between that and vulak.

Sterling

El Presidente
Vulak Dagger, Tunare Dagger, salandrite dragger, Not sure about primal, but you'd likely be offhanding the Ragebringer for a hot second for the haste/attack buff until you're loaded with gear.

Reiker

Golden Knight of the Realm

In 2000, Celestial Fists ratio was 9/16.
In 2000, Ragebringer ratio was 15/25.

In 2020, Celestial Fists ratio is 23/26.
In 2020, Ragebringer ratio is 15/25.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
In 2000, Celestial Fists ratio was 9/16.
In 2000, Ragebringer ratio was 15/25.

In 2020, Celestial Fists ratio is 23/26.
In 2020, Ragebringer ratio is 15/25.
15/25 plus 40% haste. So its more like 15/15 and double backstabs.

Reiker

Golden Knight of the Realm
Sure but I'm not going to mention the item haste since a Monk could get that on a different piece of gear too.

Same as I'm not going to consider the Monk epic clicky since presumably the Rogue is going to have buff haste anyways.

My point was that Monks have gotten tons of improvements to their Hand to Hand, and Rogues haven't received anything equivalent. It just makes sense that Rogues are dog shit compared to Monks right now. But people also don't mention that that begins to change around late Velious and early Luclin when Rogues can start to get comparable weapons.

• 1Like