Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

Deeone

Molten Core Raider
Yeah my experience was epic fists were always doing better on motm. I could be remembering wrong but I spent a lot of time thinking about how the motm impacted it as I would have assumed the damage bonus would pull past the epic fists but that’s not what I experienced on mangler in velious at least. It was awhile ago so I won’t say 100% but I’m reasonably sure.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Looking to get a ~300$ laptop for this bullshit. What do you guys think?

Code:
https://www.amazon.com/HP-14-inch-Celeron-Personal-14-cb184nr/dp/B084SL2J42

https://www.amazon.com/Dell-Latitude-E6440-Professional-Refurbished/dp/B07FVK5QL9

https://www.amazon.com/Lenovo-Dual-core-A6-9220e-Personal-Legendary/dp/B083Q4PWFF

https://www.amazon.com/Lenovo-130S-Bluetooth-Personal-Included/dp/B07S8CGX9X

• 1Barf
Reactions: 1 user

Cupie12

Send Tits Pls
Yeah my experience was epic fists were always doing better on motm. I could be remembering wrong but I spent a lot of time thinking about how the motm impacted it as I would have assumed the damage bonus would pull past the epic fists but that’s not what I experienced on mangler in velious at least. It was awhile ago so I won’t say 100% but I’m reasonably sure.

its super close but i did a ton of parsing that showed the mainhand from sky slightly pulls ahead, only reason could be the damage bonus

• 1Solidarity

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
no you want a faster weapon because it doesnt mitigate damage bonus from weapons, which is why a weapon in MH will always be better than bare fists even with epic atleast on motm mobs

Do what this guy says, he knows what's up.

I remember when it went in the first time and everyone was trying to figure out what weapons to use and who got fucked but the details escaped me.

Deeone

Molten Core Raider
its super close but i did a ton of parsing that showed the mainhand from sky slightly pulls ahead, only reason could be the damage bonus
Ah yeah I was referencing epic fists vs end game velious weapons on velious raid mobs. I actually don’t know with regards to classic, I think the fists at 50 are 20/38 so the sky weapon outparsing I could see for sure.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Ah yeah I was referencing epic fists vs end game velious weapons on velious raid mobs. I actually don’t know with regards to classic, I think the fists at 50 are 20/38 so the sky weapon outparsing I could see for sure.

For raiding you should be using Wu's Fist from Sky until you upgrade to Primal / Gharn's / FoN shit.

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
The charm changes will be interesting. You can't charm rares, so RIP AJ snaking and Allisaur leveling, but you also can't dispel charms so GG enchanter gank squads.
For raiding you should be using Wu's Fist from Sky until you upgrade to Primal / Gharn's / FoN shit.

Not even worth it, these are just minor upgrades over epic with just fist. Save the dkp or krono and just use epic until after pop.

• 1Picard

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Not even worth it, these are just minor upgrades over epic with just fist. Save the dkp or krono and just use epic until after pop.
Luclin and above weapons are much better than fists. You're just giving away a ton of DPS if you wait until after pop.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
two-box max with actual GM support? honestly, sign me the fuck up. that sounds amazing.

i'm two boxing all day tho fuck one boxing lol

two box servers actually end up really awesome, speaking from experience on EQEmu. it's the perfect number.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Would definitely go monk if I wasn't too lazy to pull.

Probably going wizard for the drop a couple bombs then afk for a little bit life

• 1Solidarity

Sterling

El Presidente
Would definitely go monk if I wasn't too lazy to pull.

Probably going wizard for the drop a couple bombs then afk for a little bit life
No focus effects until Luclin makes casters a lot weaker. Melee still get their AAs though because reasons.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I don't mind being weaker but no focus effects make the already shoddy itemization of the first few expansions even shoddier.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Are Wizards more or less gimped Mages with ports in classic? As in there's very little reason to play one that early? I kinda want to give it a shot. Wiz or Ranger. Feel like both are terrible until Luclin+ though. AM/EQ and HS are where it's at.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
So experience for the coming servers is supposed to be the Mangler rate, which is supposed to be near what Ragefire and Lockjaw was, no? Phinigel & Agnarr were beat downs. Ragefire didn't seem that bad at all?

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
So experience for the coming servers is supposed to be the Mangler rate, which is supposed to be near what Ragefire and Lockjaw was, no? Phinigel & Agnarr were beat downs. Ragefire didn't seem that bad at all?

The first change to experience rates on TLPs shows up in Gates of Discord. Agnarr never gets to Gates of Discord so their exp rates never changed from launch. Mangler is not yet at Gates of Discord either so their rates have also not changed from launch. Doing some testing (same character killing the same mob in the same zone) their exp rates are identical. With Rizlona and Aradune advertised at the Mangler exp rate that is also the Agnarr exp rate. Agnarr is noticeably slower than RF/LJ were but I would still consider it acceptable. This is coming from someone who tried and failed to play on both Phinny and Coirnav due to their dogshit miserable exp rates.

Setting aside that leveling is ass and I've done it a bajillion times one of the major reasons I dislike crappy exp rates is that it puts even more pressure on taking the best comps in to the best zones. We already know what things are the best but the worse the exp rates are the more productive you have to be to get anywhere. I like derping about but it's a luxury I cannot afford.

Also to consider is while Agnarr, Mangler, Rizlona and Aradune may have the same exp rates the calculations for group exp got fiddled with recently.

pratexps.png

If you needed more reason to group there you go. As long as you are grouping with even a single extra person during your time on Riz/Ara you'll be getting exp at a faster rate than the identical situation on Agnarr or Mangler. If you're out in Oasis punching caiman and there's a guy next to you punching caiman and you don't pair up with him you are just wrong.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
No focus effects until Luclin makes casters a lot weaker. Melee still get their AAs though because reasons.

Yeah, it's an acceptable tradeoff though. Just like being worthless in PoS. Of course caster gear doesn't matter much for a while so it's whatever