Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

Xevy

Log Wizard
The charm changes will be interesting. You can't charm rares, so RIP AJ snaking and Allisaur leveling, but you also can't dispel charms so GG enchanter gank squads.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Sometimes I think they make these server rulesets intentionally terrible so that they can A) Harvest ideas from the player-base going "wtf, why not do this other thing instead" because the company doesn't have ideas, and B) Look good when they change the rules due to popular demand.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Wonder if that's the same Rhaegar I knew on Phinigel. Awesome dude

Different guy I think, remember the Agnarr version saying people thought he was the Phinny version. Only played with the Agnarr version, good dude for sure.

Xevy

Log Wizard
This is 100% their way of keeping the money from boxers/botters while trying to keep them "contained". I think they think this is going to work out, but it won't. The RMTers will always be where the normies are. Ain't no fucking boxer buying loot from another boxer.

I can see WHY they do some of these things, but they're 100% misguided. At least the fresh servers will take the RMT boys off of Mangler, but it's a bit too late. They really needed to be dealt with before PoP, not after.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Sometimes I think they make these server rulesets intentionally terrible so that they can A) Harvest ideas from the player-base going "wtf, why not do this other thing instead" because the company doesn't have ideas, and B) Look good when they change the rules due to popular demand.
I think it's more that there are so many ways to get stuff wrong and only a few ways to do things right that their minimal-budget efforts from misguided devs are always going to run aground. Plus the community is overreactive and mob-like. Buncha fools who will be quitting at level 52 whining about how they won't be able to get their Epic 2.0.

Vedette

<Donor>
I think it's more that there are so many ways to get stuff wrong and only a few ways to do things right that their minimal-budget efforts from misguided devs are always going to run aground. Plus the community is overreactive and mob-like. Buncha fools who will be quitting at level 52 whining about how they won't be able to get their Epic 2.0.

Yeah, I think they are stuck forever doing the TLP treadmill, and the player base jumping to the new one every year, or two. I'm not the first person to want a rework of AA's. I really wish they would make a "TLP" with a near normal progression until Luclin, and AA's come around. AA's were the first try at system like this. It was a good first try, but it has some serious issues. I don't know who actually has nostalgia for fucking AA's. I would love a PoE/WoW style system of points spent from leveling. All of these TLPs start to lose players every expansion once they get past PoP. The dev team even realizes AA's are a huge reason why new players won't try these servers. It's a very high time investment barrier once you add in all the AA's. It would make the game post-luclin so much better, and they could even do a soft nerf to some of the player power in that era. My last major play through was Agnarr, and EVERYTHING was way to easy. Also a few classes could use some reworks, druids need love sooner, rangers should be a ranged class(fuck it's in the name), necro could use more burst.

There is so much more money in mobile. There is no fiscal reeason to ever work on something like this.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Yeah, I think they are stuck forever doing the TLP treadmill, and the player base jumping to the new one every year, or two. I'm not the first person to want a rework of AA's. I really wish they would make a "TLP" with a near normal progression until Luclin, and AA's come around. AA's were the first try at system like this. It was a good first try, but it has some serious issues. I don't know who actually has nostalgia for fucking AA's. I would love a PoE/WoW style system of points spent from leveling. All of these TLPs start to lose players every expansion once they get past PoP. The dev team even realizes AA's are a huge reason why new players won't try these servers. It's a very high time investment barrier once you add in all the AA's. It would make the game post-luclin so much better, and they could even do a soft nerf to some of the player power in that era. My last major play through was Agnarr, and EVERYTHING was way to easy. Also a few classes could use some reworks, druids need love sooner, rangers should be a ranged class(fuck it's in the name), necro could use more burst.

There is so much more money in mobile. There is no fiscal reeason to ever work on something like this.

A lot of it is being stuck at PoP for 20 weeks burns people out and they just never log back on.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
LDoN sorta sucks and you're adding it on to the stuff you're already sorta bored of. I'd rather PoP, Ykesha and LDoN launched simultaneously. These servers would have a chance at better longevity for more people if getting to GoD and beyond was more common for players. As it stands Planes of Power feels like a natural end and so it is for a lot of people.

If we're making wishes I'd also like to see them experiment with two month unlock timers. Three is enough that raiders are absolutely stuffed with top tier loot. For all the early expansions you're mostly geared well enough by the end of each to beat the next. A big part of what I liked about Selo was being thrust in to Luclin level one and naked and then going through PoP with a mishmash of gear.

Starting in Kunark and trying to speed to Trakanon could have been interesting but that's not we're getting either.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Vedette

<Donor>
LDoN sorta sucks and you're adding it on to the stuff you're already sorta bored of. I'd rather PoP, Ykesha and LDoN launched simultaneously. These servers would have a chance at better longevity for more people if getting to GoD and beyond was more common for players. As it stands Planes of Power feels like a natural end and so it is for a lot of people.

If we're making wishes I'd also like to see them experiment with two month unlock timers. Three is enough that raiders are absolutely stuffed with top tier loot. For all the early expansions you're mostly geared well enough by the end of each to beat the next. A big part of what I liked about Selo was being thrust in to Luclin level one and naked and then going through PoP with a mishmash of gear.

Starting in Kunark and trying to speed to Trakanon could have been interesting but that's not we're getting either.

A two month unlock, and a start at least kunark. So much of classic gear doesn't matter at all once you hit Kunark it's ridiculous. The 3 months of classic feels like a wait until you start getting real gear, and trying to talk everyone into not skipping the sky raid that week.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
1588404794431.png

How I feel about new TLP announcements

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

ver_21

Molten Core Raider

Bajillion dollar idea here: why not both--an Idle EQ game that handles leveling, AAs, and farming and you can take all the gains back into the live game?

Cupie12

Send Tits Pls
Is their own tier above or lower than enchanters with a charmed pet?

monks are top raid dps from classic until past OoW. in a group nobody is going to outdps a hasted charm pet but still. Monks easily the best class for TLP's if played properly(hit yer fucking buttons)

also this is the monk fist table ive come up with over 4 tlp's

classic lvl 50 - 14/28, whitened treant fist or wu fist of mastery mh bare fist OH BiS
Level 60 - w/ epic turns into equivalent of a 15/20 -- parsed out many times using two primal fists and bare epic in both hands, both about equal. gharns and tunare fist better in velious.
level 65 - w/ epic turns into a 1.0 ratio -- anything under ele planes not worth using
level 70 - never tested, had 2.0

Last edited:

Louis

Trakanon Raider
A two month unlock, and a start at least kunark. So much of classic gear doesn't matter at all once you hit Kunark it's ridiculous. The 3 months of classic feels like a wait until you start getting real gear, and trying to talk everyone into not skipping the sky raid that week.

It'll never happen, but I've always wanted a TLP where the zone's loot tables and mob level scaling were reworked to put a little mystery back into the game. I wouldn't care if the tried and true expansion zones (ex- guk solb) were left untouched, but use it as a way to drive people to other unused zones in search of undiscovered spawns and items that haven't already been documented for 20 years.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
An EQPlus would be really cool. Go back and rework some itemization, encounter difficulty and the like.

• 1Like

Deeone

Molten Core Raider
My memory on monks from Mangler is with epic human fist is 23/26 and iksar 23/27. Worth noting the mainhand has no damage bonus like a normal weapon. The top end velious weapons will outparse epic but for some reason the epic almost always did better on mobs with motm, I’m not sure what mechanic was at work for this to happen.

YttriumF

The Karenist Karen
<Silver Donator>
I like the quality of life changes and the fine tuning of the game mechanics that happen with TLP's. The community is what burns me out ... too many folks skip the levelling game. You find yourself facing a difficult encounter or raid ... and then "that person" wants to join in when they are missing equipment, missing spells, and just flat out missing the ability to play their class.

• 1Like

Cupie12

Send Tits Pls
I can't remember any of the specifics but isn't MotM harsher if your delay is lower?

no you want a faster weapon because it doesnt mitigate damage bonus from weapons, which is why a weapon in MH will always be better than bare fists even with epic atleast on motm mobs

• 1Like