Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Is there a "best" race for Rangers? I love the look of male Half Elf's, especially in Thorny Vine. Technically though, I think Wood Elves are the "superior" race?

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Is there a "best" race for Rangers? I love the look of male Half Elf's, especially in Thorny Vine. Technically though, I think Wood Elves are the "superior" race?

I dont think it really matters with those 2 races. The only time race a is a better choice than race b is if one of those races are ogres, iksar or trolls. Because you're weighing stun immunity, regen, slam and ac out the gate.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Wood elf for velious textures. Obviously

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Sterling

El Presidente
Doesn't matter what race for ranger because you should be race changing to halfling in Luclin anyways.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
Wood elves have a path to 300 fletching via vendor mats for mithril champion arrows.

Humans/half elves are kind stuck farming shit to make bows and sucks hard.

If you dont care about fletching there isnt much difference.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser

If you're planning on doing some raiding in Classic you might prefer a different race/deity due to its proximity to somewhere useful. Surefall Glade gets you reasonably close to Vox for example but at least wood elves can get to a Wizard spire with no trouble and later Firoina Vie. The instanced version of Sky is in Freeport I guess also.

So maybe still wood elf?

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Wood elves have a path to 300 fletching via vendor mats for mithril champion arrows.

If they're a karana worshipper they can still get to 300 easily, though it's a bit more expensive.

Crone

So if I go Wood Elf, is there multiple deities to choose from? Or just 1? Which do I pick to make fletching via vendor mats the easiest?

Thanks!

SDsurfer

Trakanon Raider
Truebox sucks. Why not limit it to two accounts per ip? Cheaters are going to cheat no matter what so that’s the point of the GM. Enforce the rules. Don’t punish those who play with more hardware requirements.

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
It's not a two-box server. It's a more restrictive version of prior truebox rule sets and it's launching at the same time as the first TLP in a while with easy go nuts boxing.

Crone

It's not a two-box server. It's a more restrictive version of prior truebox rule sets and it's launching at the same time as the first TLP in a while with easy go nuts boxing.
That's the thing, I don't wan to play on a server with go nuts boxing. I want to play on Aradune, with its 2 box restriction, I just don't want those box restrictions to include hardware.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vedette

<Donor>
Whats a good box for a bard?
Thinking Wiz for boom boom pow.

Anyone tried that ?

I played a 3 box on Agnarr with a bard main. For classic, I don't know, bard don't shine till later expansions, and I would say maybe wizard. You won't be doing much, and can get ran out of camps with trains. I would probably go necro if it was me. I would say shaman is a good option as well. It get's interesting in the later expansions. I ran a trio of bard, ranger, and beastlord in luclin. Once I hit pop, and got geared, my bard could tank in the planes with no issues. I actually normally would just have that 3 box going in PoF because it was easy. Bards are also the best pull class for ldon AoE groups.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So if I go Wood Elf, is there multiple deities to choose from? Or just 1? Which do I pick to make fletching via vendor mats the easiest?

Thanks!

Wood elf druids and rangers must follow Tunare, but their warriors can pick Karana for some reason. It's one of those strange standout combinations like half-elf warriors that can follow Prexus, being the only non-erudite, non-bard race/class combo that can choose him. Don't know if there was ever a lore reason for those but it's always been interesting to me.

Bards should strongly consider Veeshan btw, it's basically all the benefits of agnostic but with a bonus to Velious dragons.

Overview table:

• 1Like

Zaide

TLP Idealist

It’s bittersweet to reflect on how a lot of the original guys like Hutch, Vhalen, Aradune, and others were basically young guys playing D&D who brought their campaign to life for us. Lucan, Mayong, The Irontoe Brigade, all straight from their D&D adventures and shared with all of us.

Hutch made SolA/SolB, Neriak and Paineel. So pour one out if you spent time in those zones.

Even more tragic is that he had a gofundme setup to help pay for his recovery and it didn’t reach full funding.

Mike Hutchins Recovery Fund organized by Paul McCabe

Last edited:
  • 4Solidarity
  • 3Like
Reactions: 6 users