Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What about that camp makes it such a hotbed for scum and villainy? Without focus effects the ring and boots aren't really game-changers, right?
Best tradeable boots in the game for like 70% of the classes (all Int Casters + Priests) and they are the common drop for Efreeti.

That is a lot of buyers and demand. Krono farmers bruh... Krono farmers.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I played on agnarr before focus was removed, so maybe it changed since. The issue is both items are (were?) worth a decent amount of krono in comparison to other classic drops.

Edit - also think players get heavily funneled there as the amount of non-raid stuff you can do at 50 in classic is small.
I'm surprised that Original + Kunark isn't the standard TLP configuration to release at once. I've never played TLP though so maybe I'm missing something. I also started playing in EQ when Kunark was current.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Best tradeable boots in the game for like 70% of the classes (all Int Casters + Priests) and they are the common drop for Efreeti.

That is a lot of buyers and demand. Krono farmers bruh... Krono farmers.
It's beyond me why anyone would pay big $$$ for some fucking efreeti boots with no focus on them. The fuck does that 9 int do for a mage or 9 wisdom do for a shaman.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Never actually got the efreeti boots on any of my chars on Mangler, not worth the headache for a few extra points of int/wis over the sub-optimal choice. Current theorycraft thinking seems to have shifted away from having the largest possible mana pools anyway, it's all about optimizing xp/hour these days which is more about optimizing dps and stacking mana regen.

Sterling

El Presidente
It's beyond me why anyone would pay big $$$ for some fucking efreeti boots with no focus on them. The fuck does that 9 int do for a mage or 9 wisdom do for a shaman.
It's a bunch of mana. There's not a lot of gear that matters that much in classic. Also, while every krono was originally purchased, a lot of people just get them through gameplay. if they get a pair of efreeti boots for a few thousand plat what's wrong with that?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
It's a bunch of mana. There's not a lot of gear that matters that much in classic. Also, while every krono was originally purchased, a lot of people just get them through gameplay. if they get a pair of efreeti boots for a few thousand plat what's wrong with that?
Would you say that a large # of players buy a krono or two, trade it for platinum they get for spells, basic gear and carrying around money from mid to high level players and then those mid to high level players combine those kronos together to buy specific BiS goods? If so that makes sense #economy

It's been literal decades since I've had any concerns about platinum in EQ. I've typically eschewed buying expensive stuff and earn so much wealth from just playing the game and largely paying the iron price for anything I need. I'm actually kind of excited about the prospect of starting from scratch and having to save up rat whiskers to buy my spells, but I can see why some people will just want to roll in, get 1k plat or whatever with a krono and not worry about the chump-change stage of EQ.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Never actually got the efreeti boots on any of my chars on Mangler, not worth the headache for a few extra points of int/wis over the sub-optimal choice. Current theorycraft thinking seems to have shifted away from having the largest possible mana pools anyway, it's all about optimizing xp/hour these days which is more about optimizing dps and stacking mana regen.
Well you're not going to be stacking Mana in classic or kunark, gearwise

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Hey Mangler folks,

Did the Magician Temple of Sol Ro pet focus items work during Classic? Like this -

stein.png

The Temple of Sol Ro was added during Classic and these items provided a small boost to pet strength also during Classic. Is their focus disabled on TLPs now along with all of the others or are the couple era accurate focus effects still functional?

Sterling

El Presidente
Would you say that a large # of players buy a krono or two, trade it for platinum they get for spells, basic gear and carrying around money from mid to high level players and then those mid to high level players combine those kronos together to buy specific BiS goods? If so that makes sense #economy

It's been literal decades since I've had any concerns about platinum in EQ. I've typically eschewed buying expensive stuff and earn so much wealth from just playing the game and largely paying the iron price for anything I need. I'm actually kind of excited about the prospect of starting from scratch and having to save up rat whiskers to buy my spells, but I can see why some people will just want to roll in, get 1k plat or whatever with a krono and not worry about the chump-change stage of EQ.
Well that and actually using the krono for the 30 days of gametime.

DickTrickle

Hey Mangler folks,

Did the Magician Temple of Sol Ro pet focus items work during Classic? Like this -

View attachment 269837

The Temple of Sol Ro was added during Classic and these items provided a small boost to pet strength also during Classic. Is their focus disabled on TLPs now along with all of the others or are the couple era accurate focus effects still functional?
They work

• 1Like

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I've never played on TLP, but I'm kind of curious, what are the policies on what is and isn't OK on a Truebox server? The intent is obvious: you're supposed to have shitty boxing setups because that's easy for DPG to implement. But I see Multiplicity talked about openly on the forums, is that generally accepted by the community? What about different methods to share key presses among the boxes without shit like the G13 above? Or is anyone who is streamlining their setup a little implementing MQ2 and the whole line of botting / showeq software that nobody talks about what is acceptable?

I know that MQ2 and ISBoxer will not load when on a truebox server, DPG has an agreement with the guy who makes those. I'm sure there are other box software available, but I'm not going to take a chance for the first 6 months. It seems like AHK and multiplicity could send commands to a separate instance and that would be pretty hard to detect, especially if it's just a 2 box. Gonna start working on it later this week I'll post whatever I figure out. In my opinion alot of daybreaks enforcement is going to revolve around the GMs just investigate reported bots/boxxers, not trying to police a random 2 box using AHK.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
They work
I wouldn't have thought they would, hmm....

Is there a good website to help search for answers to questions like that? Or to find info about what high value quests and items there are for eq progression? Every resource I have in EQ is all focused on live... Not sure how good eqitems is Search - EQitems - Items, spells and more but it looks... interesting.... I just don't know what info is true from any of these sites. It has focus items listed but they don't exist on TLP at release right?

Last edited:

DickTrickle

I wouldn't have thought they would, hmm....

Is there a good website to help search for answers to questions like that? Or to find info about what high value quests and items there are for eq progression? Every resource I have in EQ is all focused on live... Not sure how good Search - EQitems - Items, spells and more but it looks... interesting.... I just don't know what info is true from any of these sites
Those pet focus and bard instruments still work, probably because they're classic. Focus effects didn't come until luclin.

Finding information is tough. Really spread all out and some places will have good information about certain things and others will have good information about different things. Zam isn't too bad, honestly. Eqitems is okay but has plenty of mistakes. Raidloot is good and really nice for AA. Sometimes your best bet is just Google.

• 1Like

SDsurfer

Trakanon Raider
So the healing power of a cleric is not really necessary? I recall rerolling from druid to cleric back in the day, specifically because I was always expected to heal and could never quite keep up as a non-cleric priest. If a shaman could keep up, might be better to roll as that, since clerics do nothing else but heal.

You can group heal fine on a Druid or shaman. If your doing raids you’ll want clerics. As other people have said a lot of people box clerics for this reason.

Don’t expect to get a high volume of group tells because you are playing a cleric. A lot of times people will take any healer within level and zone proximity. The only thing you need to group heal well in classic is a pulse and non-retarded.

Xevy

Log Wizard
They gave Shaman and Druids Superior Healing pre-50 (I think classically it was a lot higher level if at all) so the only thing you're missing out on is CHeal which is mostly reserved for charm pets. Any healer can single heal a group effectively if they're using proper CC. Just so you know most TLP's aren't pulling one or two mobs at a time, even with SKs/monks as puller. They're bringing like 5 at a time and just hoping the Enchanter can handle it. I blame WoW, but it does make for faster exp. Problem is if your comp is good enough you'll run out of pullable mobs for 3-4 minutes at a time.

GEBS are BIS until deep Velious. Kind of ridiculous when you think about it. Only INT casters and a few WIS races will be able to cap it before then and not need them. But generally that 9 int/wis gives you an extra slot to get a big mana item like a ring or earring or something instead.

Clerics are still wanted in most groups, but one of the most easily boxed characters. Especially with CH pets. Usually people play the ENC and the Cleric is either boxed by the Enc (which can lead to some wipes b/c that's too much responsbility for bad players) or some one else as their only duty at high level is to CH the pet every 5 pulls. Unfortunately groups don't tend to run druid/shaman as well as Cleric so there's not much of an offhealer role. Weirdly they run druid/shaman in groups and usually one heals and the other DOTs.

Tanks are definitely the most sought after for groups. Usually because they're the least fun to play, smallest utility kit (65% of tanks are warriors in classic even though they suck), always have to pay attention, and worst of all are at the healer's mercy. If you get a "smoke breaker" or "BRB kids" healer, you're dead mate. That's why tanks should go SK so they can at least try and FD. Unless you're an Ogre in Lguk, in which case you're too small to stand and are ducking and can't cast spells while ducking. Sorry.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
GEBS are BIS until deep Velious. Kind of ridiculous when you think about it. Only INT casters and a few WIS races will be able to cap it before then and not need them. But generally that 9 int/wis gives you an extra slot to get a big mana item like a ring or earring or something instead.

You typically punch King Tormax during the first fifteen minutes of Velious if you didn't decide to put some shitter dragons to death first.

Also, these bad boys exist.

greys.png

Relevant saves, hit points, stats casters don't typically cap, armor class and more. People with Golden Efreeti Boots in Kunark are peasants!

Xevy

Log Wizard
You take those as a caster from Monks you deserve to go to <Thats E Q Baby>.

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
You take those as a caster from Monks you deserve to go to <Thats E Q Baby>.

If you haven't seen a guild so stuffed full of the fucking things that a pair goes to an applicant Monk for one DKP than you are a double peasant.

One of the best parts of these servers is drowning people in ridiculous shit.