Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Any consensus on what guild members from here will be joining? I took a look at the official forums and see there are 3 potential (1 euro) bat phone guilds.

I have an abundance of vacation time and wanna waste it on the opening grind.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Any consensus on what guild members from here will be joining? I took a look at the official forums and see there are 3 potential (1 euro) bat phone guilds.

I have an abundance of vacation time and wanna waste it on the opening grind.

The top guild is going to be Atabishi’s. It’s the one with the dumb name. A good number of Faceless guys are in it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Also Sabbat Sabbat Kharzette Kharzette I've found some of the UI guys like Sparxx, Zvenn, Syylke and Drakah are willing to give people a hand in making UIs if you reach out to them. I imagine they're more than happy to find new uses for their expertise on the worst UI system in computer history, especially if it's in making something that can help the EQ community.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I'm just plodding along, that one lucky guess was the only sticking point so far.

Still a few bits left on the player window:

EQ000707.jpg

Zaide

TLP Idealist
You giving this one a go?

Na just a spectator on this. Just going to watch the race since there are a good number of hardcore guilds, very confident ”That’s EQ Baby” has it in the bag though.

Maul

Dental Dammer
I've been having a blast on this the past few days (live not tlp), done a sk/bard to 30 and a Mage/cleric to 30. I'll prolly just use the sk/bard/mage now and level up, want to see if it's possible to kill naggy and vox at 52. The mage was retardly easy to level compared to the melee classes, just absolutely wreck things as long as you have mana.

Forgot how much I loved this game, not sure if I'll go on the new TLP tho, its painful as fuck leveling in classic, plus free time will be running out as coronalockdown winds down. They missed the boat launching this earlier with so many people finding a great deal of free time suddenly. They could have hovered up cash from their in game store.

• 1Like

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Finished the first icon set, one more to go. Completely fixed the buff window as well, it's no longer a complete arcane mess.

gemicons01.png

ss-101.png

Now I've got to update these hotbars properly and finish up these other icons. Close now.

• 2Like
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 2 users

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
A friend gave me a zip with all the classic icons in it. Can't decide if I want to use those or these others. I'd feel dirty using warcraft icons though.

• 3Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I don't know how anyone can do anything but use the classic spell icons.

Biggest problem I have with the spell icons is the lack of diversity. Warcraft has a billion icons that are basically unique, in Everquest I have 5 shields and 4 feet on my buff list

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
There are so many good artists out there that do commissions for like twitch emotes and banners and the like. If I had the money I'd hire some fancy icons made.

Hmm I wonder if you could take a bunch of popular twitch emotes and mash them into spell icons. That would be horrible. And awesome.

• 1Like

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Just got Multiplicity working on my new laptop, looking good.
3lsy1Bm.jpg

I haven't set up my UI or anything. Kinda not sure what UI features will be released, but this seems to be a good breakdown, just not sure if it's current. eq:Progression Servers

What do people use to send keys between different EQ instances? Even with two-boxing it's going to be a change for me to have to change EQ instances to click follow / stun / heal etc.

I'm not going to break any EQ rules or whatever and am not botting, I'm just kinda curious to know what people are using on these truebox servers, legal or no.

Your rocking multiplicity for your 2 box? Was it hard to setup?

B_Mizzle

Nah. Was really painless.

My understanding was that people can setup multiplicity to take input from one keyboard mouse etc. So I think what people do is have like a gaming mouse with extra buttons for the box.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
My understanding was that people can setup multiplicity to take input from one keyboard mouse etc. So I think what people do is have like a gaming mouse with extra buttons for the box.
How do they do that? I plugged in my
logitech-g13-00.jpg

to my laptop and it works ok.

From what I can tell the only hotkey options for Multiplicity involve switching screens around, and I couldn't get it to work. AutHotkey on the other hand has options to redirect hotkeys from one instance to another, not sure if that's what you're talking about.

B_Mizzle

How do they do that? I plugged in my
logitech-g13-00.jpg

to my laptop and it works ok.

From what I can tell the only hotkey options for Multiplicity involve switching screens around, and I couldn't get it to work. AutHotkey on the other hand has options to redirect hotkeys from one instance to another, not sure if that's what you're talking about.

No I havent gotten anything to work right yet, I have a g13 and a laptop. I tried the program Microsoft garage mouse without borders but couldn't get it to work right. Half the time I would move mouse from one instance to the other it would minimize eq. Gonna try multiplicity next week after your good review. But it seems like there will be a way to get this done.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
No I havent gotten anything to work right yet, I have a g13 and a laptop. I tried the program Microsoft garage mouse without borders but couldn't get it to work right. Half the time I would move mouse from one instance to the other it would minimize eq. Gonna try multiplicity next week after your good review. But it seems like there will be a way to get this done.
I've never played on TLP, but I'm kind of curious, what are the policies on what is and isn't OK on a Truebox server? The intent is obvious: you're supposed to have shitty boxing setups because that's easy for DPG to implement. But I see Multiplicity talked about openly on the forums, is that generally accepted by the community? What about different methods to share key presses among the boxes without shit like the G13 above? Or is anyone who is streamlining their setup a little implementing MQ2 and the whole line of botting / showeq software that nobody talks about what is acceptable?

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
When I boxed on selos for a bit. I had no issue using multiplicity to in a sense "host" the llaptop's screen on my 2nd monitor of main pc and use mouse/keyboard from main PC to control it. I didn't do anything fancy iirc, just worked like that. The only thing I had issues with was if you did it too fast and were still moving on main screen and clicked into 2nd monitor, your main character would keep running. Caused some funny times running to a group of mobs or what not.

As far as I know this was allowed, because you were not broadcasting keys or things like that. You had to manually click into 2nd screen and do clicks/button presses while in that screen for the 2nd PC that was completely independent of your main character/screen. You couldn't do simultaneous commands to multiple characters at exact same time from one source, which is what a lot of people do and is what is supposedly not allowed.