Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That's what I hear.

I hope these jerks Charm is too strong | EverQuest Forums

don't nerf it before I get a chance to have fun with it with my cle/enc. I've always wanted to run a charm group but it never made that much sense on live.

I mean I would agree its just too strong. Every group without it is just 2-5x slower if not more. It's crazy. it's not hard to keep a charm, breaks are not the end of the world if the chanter is 50% competent and the pet tanks because it does so much DPS, thus you can even have a 4th dps to with the healer. And with changes, you can't even dispel them or race against it in most cases. What are you going to do when the chanter takes AM PH or Lord PH etc and runs off with it for his pet. Just SoL unless he dies or leaves. Only saving grace is you can't charm most rares and run off with it or gate anymore.

Also they are pretty damn effective on raids iirc. Fear/hate charming. The one mobs in hate that backstab. LDCs on Naggy. Spiders on Vox. You can position them to never get dispelled. Charm on raids is used for quite a long time iirc, even ToV. I think only VT in luclin didn't have it. And the pets on raids still do insane dps.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
There's a few ways they could nerf charm.

A) Reduce a charmed mobs damage

B) Significantly increase the recast time of charm so that it needs to be cc'd/tanked/killed until cd is back up.

C) Significantly reduce the duration of charm but make it a static guaranteed amount of time so that it's more of panic button during a bad pull

• 1Like

Philonius

Bronze Knight of the Realm

B) Significantly increase the recast time of charm so that it needs to be cc'd/tanked/killed until cd is back up.

C) Significantly reduce the duration of charm but make it a static guaranteed amount of time so that it's more of panic button during a bad pull

I think A would be a decent solution, yeah. Everquest was never a balanced game, but I don't see how anyone could seriously argue that it's fine for one class to bring the best CC, haste, caster buffs, have the charm pet tank for the group, and provide more DPS than the rest of the group combined.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I wish solo grinding was more effective. On P99 it’s the ultimate grinding method, on TLP it’s a waste of time.

I tried some of the old school power plays like quadding aviaks in timorous deep on my druid. Got maybe 3% xp per quad, and with substantial downtime (~7 minutes per pull) for medding. Join a group in lguk with a charm pet and I'd get at least twice the xp/hour, the limiting factor usually being finding enough mobs.

It's not just the OPness of charm, they also changed the XP curve and blue cons give very little xp compared to reds/yellows. It's most noticable at low levels, as soon as you hit level 2, a level 1 mob will give maybe 1% xp. Hit level 3, level 2 mobs immediately give shit xp. On P99 you can grind to level 5 on newbie yard blues much like people did back in the day, on TLP you want stick to white/yellow cons only or it will take forever.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Louis

Trakanon Raider

Their technology is just not there yet.

• 1Worf

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Update on the 1920x1080 UI project. Mostly done.

EQ000016.jpg

Added a drop shadow to the buff window text and updated the hotbar with the new dimensions. Still need to do a bunch more icons, and fuck around with the CursorAttachment window. Oh, and I need to sharpen up that custom targeting ring as well.

• 6Like
  • 1Weird Boner
Reactions: 6 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Updated the targeting ring.

View attachment 270048
The one thing I've always wanted out of a targetting ring that have never seen and couldn't get to work was a targeting ring that functioned more like joined crosshairs. Something like this:
1589379864709.png

but probably with 4 lines instead of 7.

The problem I have is while boxing I use /follow heavily and will frequently want to stand directly in front of a mob and as close to their center as possible. This allows the highest chance that all my boxes are facing the mob. On big mobs it's difficult to find the center is because the target ring is so big. Ex on the toughest group fight in the latest expansion:
1589380051670.png

That's the closest target ring I've found and as you can see there is a massive hole where the mob is.

I don't even know if it's possible to do what Iw ant.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
Efreeti drama is what is EQ is all about.

From the Agnarr thread on Jun 24th 2017:

My turn for some efreeti drama!~

A monk and enchanter let me know they found a fully popped efreeti room so they cleared it. Another group of Zardula folks come up and claim it as theirs saying they were clearing trash on the ramp up (umm what?). So I bring over my shaman to help hold the camp and defeat this evil. The chat in /say is very entertaining as this group is cursing us out saying Faceless stole the camp from them because they were clearing their way there. I was like you can invis past all the trash, you didn't win the race to the camp...sorry. They are chain dispelling our charm pet and being hostile, normal drama.

Now this is where it gets fun.

I load up my laptop to bring my druid box over to help with dps/healing, When I get to the efreeti room I go into full roleplay mode. "Hail and well met fine travelers! Let us defeat evil! Anyone need a druid?" The zardula group INVITES my anon druid into their group and proceeds to tell me how we are going to dispel and dps race etc. So I'm like yeah lets kick the shit out of faceless, fuck those guys!

So now I'm sitting here waiting for Djarn to pop while my druid is in the other group with group port to Toxx memmed. I wonder if they will be surprised?

Thanks EverQuest =)

• 12Worf
  • 6Like
Reactions: 17 users

Zaide

TLP Idealist
If they delayed the opening of Hate/Fear/Sky in classic TLP it would enhance the experience quite a bit. You'd actually have a reason to camp all that Kedge gear, do the Sol Ro Temple quests etc. Right now it's just like... If I am going to be 50 by day 3-4 and fully planar by day 6-8, I have no reason to spend time in 80% of classic zones.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
I wish this company wasn't dead and their game code wasn't as old as its coders. I'd love to have loot moved around, dungeons levels increased, special quests that gave actual rewards added weekly or something. This game at it's core in the first few expansions is pretty decent, but they'll never change it during those eras where it's the most complete. After GoD/OOW in my mind it goes off the rails and that's probably just because gear inflation gets crazy and they were cranking out expacs faster than any reasonable MMO should've.

I'd like a classic experience where Splitpaw or High Hold Keep or Najena are places people actually go to exp and gear. Those zones are just 1999 or P99 memory now.

Unless you're a shaman camping that Kedge spear that absolutely fucks.

• 2Like

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Efreeti drama is what is EQ is all about.

From the Agnarr thread on Jun 24th 2017:

My turn for some efreeti drama!~

A monk and enchanter let me know they found a fully popped efreeti room so they cleared it. Another group of Zardula folks come up and claim it as theirs saying they were clearing trash on the ramp up (umm what?). So I bring over my shaman to help hold the camp and defeat this evil. The chat in /say is very entertaining as this group is cursing us out saying Faceless stole the camp from them because they were clearing their way there. I was like you can invis past all the trash, you didn't win the race to the camp...sorry. They are chain dispelling our charm pet and being hostile, normal drama.

Now this is where it gets fun.

I load up my laptop to bring my druid box over to help with dps/healing, When I get to the efreeti room I go into full roleplay mode. "Hail and well met fine travelers! Let us defeat evil! Anyone need a druid?" The zardula group INVITES my anon druid into their group and proceeds to tell me how we are going to dispel and dps race etc. So I'm like yeah lets kick the shit out of faceless, fuck those guys!

So now I'm sitting here waiting for Djarn to pop while my druid is in the other group with group port to Toxx memmed. I wonder if they will be surprised?

Thanks EverQuest =)
Dude you poopsocking Aradune? I need a solid person to group with again ^^

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I wish this company wasn't dead and their game code wasn't as old as its coders. I'd love to have loot moved around, dungeons levels increased, special quests that gave actual rewards added weekly or something. This game at it's core in the first few expansions is pretty decent, but they'll never change it during those eras where it's the most complete. After GoD/OOW in my mind it goes off the rails and that's probably just because gear inflation gets crazy and they were cranking out expacs faster than any reasonable MMO should've.

I'd like a classic experience where Splitpaw or High Hold Keep or Najena are places people actually go to exp and gear. Those zones are just 1999 or P99 memory now.

Unless you're a shaman camping that Kedge spear that absolutely fucks.
I just got banned from the official forums for a week again and I'm just thinking that EQ in 2020 is like going back to your favorite bar from college that's still on great real estate but floundering because it's run by complacent losers. I totally agree they could make a really great TLP experience if they shook things up and there are a ton of ways to do that.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
Imagine if they added quests and made focus items only work on quested, no-trade items in classic-velious. That'd be fucking awesome. All that shit Sol Ro gear worth it for non-tank classes! Really they should just make no drop item focuses go live in classic. Give people a reason to camp stuff, but that buys into their Dayjob Danny buyin' all the krono to gear his character scheme.

• 2Like

Maul

Dental Dammer
So I got my mage/cleric/bard/sk to 50 today on live, thinking I might get the bard and mage 1.0 epics now as a challenge, I'm in no rush at all to level and I'll prolly do naggy and box and other shit of classic, kunark, velious, luclin era at a slow pace while farming aa. I'm thinking about dropping the cleric as my apprentice 5 cleric is fine and I'll just add another warrior merc in for more damage. What Is the feasibility of completing the mage/bard epics with this setup? I'm thinking the only hard part will be plane of fear and trakanon? Plane of sky will probably be a nightmare too.

There are loads of illusion masks I want to get for the bard too, chardok mask, sleepers tomb etc so I dont really see the point in leveling up to 115 as I'll just be skipping shit loads of expansions I've never even seen. Managed to get fabled jboots on them all, the pok port Stein. And got guise of the deceiver on the sk from the one gold ticket I tried!

Having a blast so far.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
So I got my mage/cleric/bard/sk to 50 today on live, thinking I might get the bard and mage 1.0 epics now as a challenge, I'm in no rush at all to level and I'll prolly do naggy and box and other shit of classic, kunark, velious, luclin era at a slow pace while farming aa. I'm thinking about dropping the cleric as my apprentice 5 cleric is fine and I'll just add another warrior merc in for more damage. What Is the feasibility of completing the mage/bard epics with this setup? I'm thinking the only hard part will be plane of fear and trakanon? Plane of sky will probably be a nightmare too.

There are loads of illusion masks I want to get for the bard too, chardok mask, sleepers tomb etc so I dont really see the point in leveling up to 115 as I'll just be skipping shit loads of expansions I've never even seen. Managed to get fabled jboots on them all, the pok port Stein. And got guise of the deceiver on the sk from the one gold ticket I tried!

Having a blast so far.
Mage epic sucks, can not recommend. And the mage 2.0 is useless.

Mob Difficulty wise, on live the epic quests are trivial, you'll be able to easily defeat the content with only a little leveling.

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I just got banned from the official forums for a week again and I'm just thinking that EQ in 2020 is like going back to your favorite bar from college that's still on great real estate but floundering because it's run by complacent losers. I totally agree they could make a really great TLP experience if they shook things up and there are a ton of ways to do that.

What did you get banned for? I finished grinding my 6 box to 115 today, my SK still can't tank for shit, I got smoked by a Sathir's tomb named about 10% in. I know he needs about 2k worth of tanking AA, but even then I'm not sure he would be able to tank it. Don't really know where to begin with him.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Imagine if they added quests and made focus items only work on quested, no-trade items in classic-velious. That'd be fucking awesome. All that shit Sol Ro gear worth it for non-tank classes! Really they should just make no drop item focuses go live in classic. Give people a reason to camp stuff, but that buys into their Dayjob Danny buyin' all the krono to gear his character scheme.

Taking the base game and making an EQPlus with updated loot tables and encounters with another pass at a class balance would be sweet.

I expect it to never happen.